AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Omgwtfbbq!!!!11!

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default Omgwtfbbq!!!!11!

Or might as well be. I dunno if you've noticed this or not, but the forums here have varying degrees of popularity. This is natural and nothing to be concerned about. However, the great disparity between forums that are popular and ones that are less popular is just...well disheartening. Especially if you've got a special place in your heart for one of the dead forums.

The forums that I'm specifically talking about, of course, are the creative ones. Namely (in order as they appear on the home page) Photography, Fanart, Cosplay, [arguably] Table Top, and Fanfiction. Considering where this thread is, you probably know that I want to talk specifically about Fanfic.

Okay so I'm a very fickle writer. But I love to write and I think that I'm pretty good at it. I hate that this place is a ghost town. I wish there was as much traffic here as there is in Sig and Avies and RPG. I know that, in the past, Fabala has done her darnedest to get more attention to this board and coax members into posting. She personally unlocked ALL of the threads in this forum after Ace removed the automatic 60 day lock. She also went through and moved all the poems to the subforum as well properly titled everything. Her new nifty sorting system is really convenient. I myself campaigned to (which is a really fancy way of saying bugged the crap out of) my friends to post their writing, any writing, here for others to read. And I tried to persuade them to read others' work as well. But we can't do it alone.

Please, help us. Help us pinpoint exactly why this forum is less visited than others, and if you can brainstorm ways to change this. All opinions are welcome and encouraged. Your input is most appreciated!

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

pokemon trainer MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6882 3906 6528

I think it's caused by the fact with Fanfiction you have to have a certain amount of commitment. You have to keep up with your posts and add chapters.
    Theres also a lot of reading and planning.

You have to feeel the writing, if you don't like it you stop reading. We're lazy people.

With other forums, such as signatures & avatars; You look and dont reaaally feel it. It can tell things but not as well as writing.
    I dunnnno it's just that people can't be bothered to keep posting or reading.

I'm alll for this, so I think we could maybe have suspense somehow? Like -just at the top of my head, its a reaaally bad idea S: - have "she walked into the darkroom..." with a link on it.
    But I'll think of some more & post it soon.

I love fanfic and I want to revive it ;D
    i cant believe we almost hung it up o woah o .set made by me;

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

i c wut u did thar

Absofreaking nothing. The sheer amount of replies (or lack thereof) tell me that you people don't give a ****. Well, start giving a **** dammit!

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I still say the fanfiction section needs another mod or two and its also because a majority of the forum may not enjoy poetry and I find most forum users on here post in the misc section.

The only really active posts who posts on this forum is me / sigma / maybe rein and a couple others. I guess we need some others to step it up.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Unfortunately, the majority of the site's userbase doesn't strike me as especially literate.

Personally, I just have difficulties reading story-level amounts of text on a computer screen. Eye strain or whatnot, so I avoid this area unless directly linked.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

In agree Sno, trying to read on a computer is sorta hell. Especially in these colors. Perhaps there can be a forced skin in fanfic, bg color white and text black. Wouldn't that help cut down on the amount of idiots posting in colors that are hard to read on some skins? Just a thought.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Thread closed for misleading title.

....oh wait
    A MaruDashi Creation

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    In agree Sno, trying to read on a computer is sorta hell. Especially in these colors. Perhaps there can be a forced skin in fanfic, bg color white and text black. Wouldn't that help cut down on the amount of idiots posting in colors that are hard to read on some skins? Just a thought.
    It's already a rule here to post stories and poetry only in the default color o.O (not that everyone follows it, lol). So if you can't read something, you probably need to choose a better skin. I find "I'm Blue!" is the easiest on the eyes. It's far superior to black text on a white background.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information