AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What show is this from?

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default What show is this from?

Ok, so I was watching an ad for HughesNet satellite internet service, when I saw that one of the things on someone's tablet screen was this red flying bird. It doesn't look like it's an Angry Birds character because it has legs and is wearing a helmet. However I've never seen this character in any game, cartoon, or anime before. I know they are using the video of the fast moving flying bird to demonstrate how fast their internet service is, and to make it look like some kid was using their service to watch this cartoon, but this part of the ad left me with one question. Where did they find this video to put in their ad? I haven't seen it anywhere before, and I don't recognize the character in it.

Here's a screencap from the HughesNet ad on Youtube, cropped to just show the red flying bird in question.

Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

Default Re: What show is this from?

They most likely just made their own little animation for it.

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster View Post
    Problem with that theory is, it was used to demonstrate the speed of the internet connection through their satellite internet service, so most likely the video resides on some computer, which was then accessed with that tablet PC via the HughesNet internet service, and then this access to this video through their service was filmed for the commercial. If they used anything other than their actual internet service to demonstrate the speed of their internet service (such as playing a video made in-house, directly on the tablet PC via it's video player app), it would be false advertising which is a crime, and the government WILL make a company pay if it is involved in this crime. So to make sure they were not lying in their ad, the ad must have shown a person using a tablet that was in fact connected to some video server via the HughesNet internet service. Alternatively they could have put in small print at the bottom of the add, saying "this is just a simulation, our internet service was not used in displaying this video". Such notices in small print are a legal requirement for any ad that makes something appear to be something other than what it actually is. Yet I saw no small print during that segment of the ad. This leads me to the conclusion that the video showing this red flying bird character must be available SOMEWHERE on the internet.

On a sidenote, who's that anime character in the animated gif in your sig, who's doing the green Falcon Punch attack.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 06-13-2015 at 04:48 PM.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You realise that it's just an advert and that they won't have streamed the video from another computer over the internet to demonstrate it, right? You realise that they never do what they say in ads, right?

God you're such a dumbass.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Problem with that theory is, it was used to demonstrate the speed of the internet connection through their satellite internet service, so most likely the video resides on some computer, which was then accessed with that tablet PC via the HughesNet internet service, and then this access to this video through their service was filmed for the commercial. If they used anything other than their actual internet service to demonstrate the speed of their internet service (such as playing a video made in-house, directly on the tablet PC via it's video player app), it would be false advertising which is a crime, and the government WILL make a company pay if it is involved in this crime. So to make sure they were not lying in their ad, the ad must have shown a person using a tablet that was in fact connected to some video server via the HughesNet internet service. Alternatively they could have put in small print at the bottom of the add, saying "this is just a simulation, our internet service was not used in displaying this video". Such notices in small print are a legal requirement for any ad that makes something appear to be something other than what it actually is. Yet I saw no small print during that segment of the ad. This leads me to the conclusion that the video showing this red flying bird character must be available SOMEWHERE on the internet.

On a sidenote, who's that anime character in the animated gif in your sig, who's doing the green Falcon Punch attack.
    It's Bazett from 'Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!'. It's basically a spinoff of the Fate series, set in a universe where Kiritsugu and Iri were able to stop the holy grail wars after the fourth one. Essentially a 'magical girl' anime, it starts off stupid, but, mainly during season two, it develops a story you can actually take seriously and starts to feel more like a Fate show.
    Last edited by BronyBradyBuddyKiller; 06-13-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Senior Member Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter has a reputation beyond repute Lightfighter's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2022 08:51 PM
    Threads

OMG I love Animedude so much.

Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BronyBradyBuddyKiller View Post
    It's Bazett from 'Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!'. It's basically a spinoff of the Fate series, set in a universe where Kiritsugu and Iri were able to stop the holy grail wars after the fourth one. Essentially a 'magical girl' anime, it starts off stupid, but, mainly during season two, it develops a story you can actually take seriously and starts to feel more like a Fate show.
    I can't find anything that shows Bazett in a bird form.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BronyBradyBuddyKiller View Post
    I think they must have got it from somewhere else, because I've seen another TV ad from a different company that also has this bird in it. Maybe it's like a stock animation they found somewhere.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
    OMG I love Animedude so much.
    ... So you're the one.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information