AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Punch Man Season 2 review

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Thumbs down One Punch Man Season 2 review

To start off and give you an idea how forgettable this season of one of my favorite anime is, my husband didn't even realize we had missed an episode until I reminded him last night.

This show is about Saitama, a normal guy who decided to become a hero for fun, and is so powerful he can defeat most enemies in one punch (ba-dum-tiss) much to his disappointment. In this season Saitama decides to learn martial arts but we haven't gotten to see much of Saitama much to our disappointment.

The reason we're even still watching is because the Saitama moments, though sparse, are genuinely funny scenes.

Looks:
    7/10

The visuals are ok but definitely don't hold a candle to season 1. The fights take the hardest hit not being nearly as fluid as season 1. Still, the animation isn't terrible. I think visually this season is extremely average.

Story:
    7/10

We have a new main bad guy who's pretty interesting and the premise is ok - villains have discovered some weaknesses in the hero league and are more active than ever. That said, the villains outside of the main villain are all forgettable, and with Saitama not taking an active role in the main story arc of the season I just don't feel invested in the fact that monsters are running rampant in the city. I'll be sure to come back and update this once the season has run its full course.

Characters:
    7.5/10

You'll recognize some faces from season 1 but really there isn't much character building at all other than for the main villain and a little for Saitama.

BONUS Music:
    6/10

The music is really disappointing me this time around. I know it's a new studio producing this season but I'm just shocked that apparently they couldn't get the rights to the original score? The music in this definitely sounds like a hollow shell compared to the music of season 1.

Overall:
    7/10

I personally want to score this lower only because I feel that it's riding on the coattails of one of my favorite anime but if I view it in a context separate from season 1 I can say it's definitely exceedingly average. If you're a huge fan of shonen and fights you'll definitely get that here, although at a lesser quality than many other shonen.

That also said, we're only half way through the season so maybe it will pick up. If it does, I'll definitely come back and edit this review.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Edit: My husband mentioned he doesn't really like that I give scores similar to a teacher's grading system and instead thinks I should have 5/10 being an average score where my current system would have 5/10 be a failing score. Let me know which you personally prefer and I'll make adjustments accordingly.
    Last edited by Tycke; 05-19-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: One Punch Man Season 2 review

Saitama is your basic nebbish turned super-hero. In that he is an interesting character. I liked season one, and I hope Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Toonami, which had season one, picks up season two. However, hearing that it is produced by a different company sends up a few red flags in my mind.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

3. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Saitama is your basic nebbish turned super-hero. In that he is an interesting character. I liked season one, and I hope Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Toonami, which had season one, picks up season two. However, hearing that it is produced by a different company sends up a few red flags in my mind.
    It's definitely rough. I'm hoping that the second half of the season can turn it around.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I might start a new thread -- Good first seasons, not so good second seasons. But I have to first give it some thought.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

6. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I stopped reading the manga before getting to the end of the Garou saga. So when I saw season one, it was nice but it didn't include anything I hadn't already read. I plan to watch this season once it is finished. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about this when the trailer came out. If your husband forgot that you had forgotten an episode, that's definitely not a good sign.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information