AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [News] Windows 10 October 2018 Update available for download

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default [News] Windows 10 October 2018 Update available for download

6 months are gone and there is time for a new major upgrade … major Windows upgrade.

These are some of the changes:
    • Your Phone App: The Phone Companion has been discontinued and replaced by "Your Phone". If you think the name is weird, you are correct, but it lets you connect with your phone and allows you to operate it remotely. You can even read and send texts;
    • Microsoft Edge: It brings an improved UI, performance benefits, and new and improved features. They have been improving it's learning tools, adding theme support, an offline dictionary, PDF improvements and many more;
    • Snip & Sketch: This is just a modern Snipping Tool. The old one is still present in the OS, but it's discontinued;
    • SwiftKey: If you use a tablet, you will certainly like SwiftKey. It's a technology that allows fast typing;
    • Shared clipboard: You can share your clipboard across devices connected with the Microsoft cloud;
    • Gamebar: They made it an app, rather than an addon and it brings new audio controls and look;
    • Windows Explorer: If you have Windows set on the dark theme, Windows Explorer gets a dark color too.

These are only a very short list of new features and changes. An extensive list of changes can be found - here - and - here -.

As per usual, the upgrade will be available in stages, so don't worry, if you don't get it today. It will come.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: [News] Windows 10 October 2018 Update available for download

Have to say, I am curious to see the phone integration with Android, that might be a nice feature set to have indeed. Also will have to see about setting up that shared clipboard, I have a few machines I move between regularly, and being able to copy/paste data between them would be rather handy.

Junior Member Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi has a brilliant future Logi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2018 06:08 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [News] Windows 10 October 2018 Update available for download

I wish there was a software hell that Windows could go to.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information