AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Madoka Magica: Rebellion. Final Thoughts?

Junior Member RinRinBell is on a distinguished road RinRinBell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 06:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Madoka Magica: Rebellion. Final Thoughts?

So, I went back and rewatched the whole of the Madoka Magica series, including Rebellion, and this gave me a thought. What did you guys think of the third movie?
    It honestly blew me away with the beautiful animation and soundtrack, and the storyline well, that was even better.
    But that ending, the ending always seems to tug some strings. I'm not sure if I like it or not, and apparently we were meant to get another movie this year or next year, but sadly no more news has emerged.
    However, one part I can't complain about was the involvement of Sayaka in the movie. I honestly thought she got the short end of the stick when it came with development, along with Mami. But this gave me a whole new respect for Sayaka, especially with her attitude towards Homura. Their relationship was so interesting to watch ...

But anyway, what's everyone elses thoughts?

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Madoka Magica: Rebellion. Final Thoughts?

Madoka is my all time favourite anime! I feel like the series already had a great ending, and I was satisfied, but of course I was pretty excited about 'Rebellion'. I liked it a lot. The transformation scene was actually one of the best things I think I've ever see. Like EVER. I cried tears of joy. I love some of the ideas and themes it explored, and that it stayed true to what Madoka is and always has been about: friendship/love.
    I like to think of 'Rebellion' as more of an alternate or POSSIBLE ending, instead of it just being a continuation or new ending of the saga. If that makes sense.
    Oh and how cute was that new character, the little witch thing?!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Oh and how cute was that new character, the little witch thing?!
    Technically she wasnt new, she was the witch responsible for Mamis death in the series, which made their close relationship funny to watch [at least to me]

I really adored the movie. I didnt bother with the first two since they were basically just the series compressed into 2 movies with minor tweeks here and there. It was wonderfully paced and had some nice twists and turns to it. I started the movie off thinking "...wait, none of this is right...." and learned what was going on as Homura did, which I enjoyed immensely. Lots of movies/series/etc you know ahead of time or its hinted strongly so the viewer figured it out on their own. With this movie they didnt bother to explain anything until Homura figures it out on her own, so we get to experience her moment of clarity with her.

Great movie from a great series. Im going to watch it again in English soon =]

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

4. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Technically she wasnt new, she was the witch responsible for Mamis death in the series, which made their close relationship funny to watch [at least to me]
    True, but she seemed new to me because her personality was totally different. I thought the way she was so close to Mami was interesting, and a little disturbing. I really liked the other 2 movies as well. I bought them both on blu-ray and the quality and the way it flowed were stunning. I can't get enough of Madoka! But I couldn't watch it in English.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    True, but she seemed new to me because her personality was totally different. I thought the way she was so close to Mami was interesting, and a little disturbing. I really liked the other 2 movies as well. I bought them both on blu-ray and the quality and the way it flowed were stunning. I can't get enough of Madoka! But I couldn't watch it in English.
    Yeah, she had very little personality in the series [afterall, she was just a witch] so it was nice to see more of her.

Homulilly ended up being my favorite witch. Her design, the symbolism, all of it. Loved, loved, loved it!!

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||