AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime newcomer

Junior Member Sandro000 is on a distinguished road Sandro000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2017 06:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime newcomer

Hi Guys I am new to anime and I want to ask you what anime should I start with but I dont want animea like Dragon Ball Z,Naruto,Pokemon

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime newcomer

What are your tastes? If you like it dark, the first season of Psycho Pass is good. So is Ajin: Demi-Human. Boogiepop Phantom is a classic.

If you like dumb, but fun try Bacanno!, FLCL, Kill Me Baby, or Kill la Kill.

If you like a good mind-f-ck, try Monster or Lain.

Durarara and DurararaX2 are good.

Check out the review section for ideas.

3. Thanks Sandro000 thanked for this post
    Likes Sandro000 liked this post
    Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you like action I would recommend Hellsing Ultimate or maybe Fullmetal Alchemist.

If you like sad anime I recommend Your Lie in April. (Made me cry.....alot)

5. Thanks Sandro000 thanked for this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagezero View Post
    If you like action I would recommend Hellsing Ultimate or maybe Fullmetal Alchemist.

If you like sad anime I recommend Your Lie in April. (Made me cry.....alot)
    I preferred Hellsing to Hellsing Ultimate. The blood and gore in Ultimate overtook the story.

Full Metal Alchemist or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are both good starters. They have a fairly active and moving story-line, and good characters. The difference is that Brotherhood is a re-do that sticks closer to the original manga plot.

Your Lie in April is a heart-breaker. I really have to re-watch it sometime. Something quite similar is Rumbling Hearts, which is also a heart-breaker -- though some really hate the ending.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 11-03-2017 at 03:47 PM.

7. Thanks Sandro000 thanked for this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    What are your tastes? If you like it dark, the first season of Psycho Pass is good. So is Ajin: Demi-Human. Boogiepop Phantom is a classic.

If you like dumb, but fun try Bacanno!, FLCL, Kill Me Baby, or Kill la Kill.

If you like a good mind-f-ck, try Monster or Lain.

Durarara and DurararaX2 are good.

Check out the review section for ideas.
    Well I like animes that are Sad,Romantic and some Horror

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro000 View Post
    Well I like animes that are Sad,Romantic and some Horror
    For sad and romantic, Your Lie in April and Rumbling Hearts have already been mentioned.

For horror, I recommend the aforementioned Monster. The monster is quite human which makes it even more frightening. There are about 70 episodes or so, if I remember correctly. So you have to be in it for the long haul. But it is worth it.

Junior Member maggie.stine is on a distinguished road maggie.stine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2017 06:12 PM
    Threads

What type of genre specifically do you usually watch?

Junior Member Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92 has a reputation beyond repute Meranda92's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Gifts Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 11:00 PM
    Threads

Red face Re: Anime newcomer

For horror I recommend "Another". It was great and it was a total mind blower!

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meranda92 View Post
    For horror I recommend "Another". It was great and it was a total mind blower!
    I agree, Another was great and I binge watched the whole thing because I didn't want to wait. (Worked sucked the next day with no sleep but worth it)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by maggie.stine View Post
    What type of genre specifically do you usually watch?
    Well I like romantic and I recently watched Date A Live and it was great If you know any animes that are like that or atleast close to that it would be great

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information