AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: this forum is dead.

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Default Re: this forum is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Well as we sit here in this place dedicated to the discussion of cartoons, please, explain to me exactly what the definition of "worth while" is around here. In detail.

the miscellaneous section is not for the discussion of cartoons. and it would be easier to define what isn't considered worthwhile, such as posting one sentence that's vaguely on-topic then spamming ten random comic pages that clearly have nothing to do with the topic, failing to even have the courtesy to put them in spoiler tags so everyone who wants to veiw the page has to scroll through image after image after image of irrelevant crap. it's a mystery as to why you do this, but my theory is you just think it's funny to waste people's time.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I would hardly define the post booster threads in the front page as "quality," but different strokes for different folks. But allowing swearing or making a 18+ section is really the least of our problems.

We can allow that tomorrow and the forums still will be ZzzzzzzzZzZZZ for weeks.
    Absolutely true, and I don't want this to end as a "Well maybe I should think twice about starting a thread". Rather I want it for others to feel that when they're threads don't have activity in them or the threads keep getting closed for things like "this is more of a blog post" to take note and try harder when they start a new thread. Albeit for some folks that attitude won't help as they only mean to keep doing the same thing that no one cares for over and over again, but for most of the general posters and newcomers it does as they just mean to be active and participate.

Though before you knock the activity just yet, it actually has risen in the month or so. And even without the talk about adult rated sections or content.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    the miscellaneous section is not for the discussion of cartoons.
    That's not quite true. Yes Misc is mostly for non-animation/comic/manga related stuff, but certain issues depending on the issue itself are allowed. Like political and religious pushing by the use of cartoons or subliminal messaging through comics. Though it may better fit in General Anime, those discussions also take form in all sorts of media and I wouldn't have a problem with them being talked about in Misc. Say like a discussion of the cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad and the retaliation against the cartoonists and publishers would definitely be a good one in the Serious Talk section [wink, wink, nudge, nudge]. I mean, I'd hate to make it seem like what is allowed or isn't allowed in Misc is only made by Eris and I's judgement with no set of structured guidelines, but if we feel it fits better somewhere else than we'll simply put it where we feel it belongs; no harm, no foul, no problem for anyone. ^.^
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 02-17-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Absolutely true, and I don't want this to end as a "Well maybe I should think twice about starting a thread". Rather I want it for others to feel that when they're threads don't have activity in them or the threads keep getting closed for things like "this is more of a blog post" to take note and try harder when they start a new thread. Albeit for some folks that attitude won't help as they only mean to keep doing the same thing that no one cares for over and over again, but for most of the general posters and newcomers it does as they just mean to be active and participate.

Though before you knock the activity just yet, it actually has risen in the month or so. And even without the talk about adult rated sections or content.
    I mean, there's threads that exist just to boost your posts count, it's what the section mostly consist of, but I guess they are what is maintaining the forum, so that's fine.

That's good to know then. It's all about baby steps.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

the miscellaneous section is not for the discussion of cartoons. and it would be easier to define what isn't considered worthwhile, such as posting one sentence that's vaguely on-topic then spamming ten random comic pages that clearly have nothing to do with the topic, failing to even have the courtesy to put them in spoiler tags so everyone who wants to veiw the page has to scroll through image after image after image of irrelevant crap. it's a mystery as to why you do this, but my theory is you just think it's funny to waste people's time.
    I always find it funny when an otaku uses the phrase "waste of time", particularly after hours hanging out on a message board.

Honestly I hear moaning and whining about topics all the time, even though the point of them is clearly labeled. I mean if you don't want to discuss say "whether to lick stamps or buy the ones that come sticky" then you just do not go into that thread. You do not join in specifically to say "this is a dumb topic".
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I mean, there's threads that exist just to boost your posts count, it's what the section mostly consist of, but I guess they are what is maintaining the forum, so that's fine.

That's good to know then. It's all about baby steps.
    But what if they really care if I like White or Whole Wheat bread more? Sure it may not be the best thing to keep a forum going, but at least it's still going. Just how active is Serious Talk when compared to the rest of Misc? (Luckily activity rose for that subsection too. ) Same with General Art and Western/Non-Japanese Animation. We can't be 100% serious about everything 100% of the time. So the redundant threads give people something to do without thinking hard, it's not such a bad thing. Sure I'd rather have involved discussions, but hey. If I just stuck to that I would've never known there's a wearable garment called a muffler.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For the record I have never once started a thread that i did not want a long and comprehensive response to.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Threads

For the record I have never once started a thread that i did not want a long and comprehensive response to.
    Is that so now? I seem to recall you posting many threads that were just pictures with a title like: "Rate the boobs," "Which anime girl is the hottest," "Hottest Bikini anime babes" and lots of other sexist themed "discussions." Ironically, those usually get locked. :P

(I totally notifications for this thread and a wall post for mentioning Clayton's sig. Had to check it out then )
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 02-17-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Not taking sig requests at the moment - sorries

My Extractions

8. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, the site admins most likely will never allow a hentai section. Even if they allowed a talk area for it, images and videos would be prohibited from the site still. So drop the subject? Because 1, it won't do anything for the site but bring more Vulknaphstigen to the site that everyone would want to ban, burn, and bury from the site. -;-eyes a certain pair of users we know.-;- And 2, we try to keep this a family friendly site. Not just for the young kids that come here, but also for their parents to trust us and possibly join us too. Also older members might want to bring their children here as well.

The bolded really made me laugh out loud and almost spill my drink in real life. No offense, but how many sane parents are actually going to join an anime forum and post on it? Especially the ones that their kid uses too. Haha, probably really low! xD

Anyway, I've been trying to help site activity with the general anime section. Its not much, but I feel the section itself has spiked in activity at least a little bit.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darkandiel View Post
    Is that so now? I seem to recall you posting many threads that were just pictures with a title like: "Rate the boobs," "Which anime girl is the hottest," "Hottest Bikini anime babes" and lots of other sexist themed "discussions." Ironically, those usually get locked. :P

(I totally notifications for this thread and a wall post for mentioning Clayton's sig. Had to check it out then )

Hey fan service is an important part of anime and in many cases is the basis of the entire show. Talking about say "Eiken" or "Queen's Blade" without mentioning boobs is like discussion Star Trek without space, advnced technology, or aliens.

The ones you mentioned though were definitely not me.

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    No offense, but how many sane parents are actually going to join an anime forum and post on it? Especially the ones that their kid uses too. Haha, probably really low! xD
    Actually, I've known some. We've had a few cases where parents who were on the a certain other site asked us if it was okay for their children to join considering the PG13 rating and you must be 13 years old. The children were 8 and 12. We said yes, so long as they are supervised by them who were both active members. A mod of that site had his daughter join at one point too. Then there was a Dad who had his two kids as members of the forum.

Why not? If the parents are already members themselves, then the kids should be safe. You're such a skeptic Yoko. :P

My Extractions

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey fan service is an important part of anime and in many cases is the basis of the entire show. Talking about say "Eiken" or "Queen's Blade" without mentioning boobs is like discussion Star Trek without space, advnced technology, or aliens.

The ones you mentioned though were definitely not me.

Yeah, I actually don't see a problem with those types of threads as long as you guys aren't posting nudes. Other forums are way worse than that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The bolded really made me laugh out loud and almost spill my drink in real life. No offense, but how many sane parents are actually going to join an anime forum and post on it? Especially the ones that their kid uses too. Haha, probably really low! xD
    My dad's a member here... o.o Plus as the forum stands right now, if I had a kid that was 10+, I'd have no trouble with them coming here.

Anyway, I've been trying to help site activity with the general anime section. Its not much, but I feel the section itself has spiked in activity at least a little bit.
    Actually it's not just General Anime, The forum as a whole in quite a few sections have spiked in activity. (And not just because of the spam bots.) Keep up the great work everyone, Members and Staff alike!

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They definitely were you Clayton haha. See, I have a very good memory. Sometimes a member will just stick out like a sore thumb. :P

My Extractions

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually, I've known some. We've had a few cases where parents who were on the a certain other site asked us if it was okay for their children to join considering the PG13 rating and you must be 13 years old. The children were 8 and 12. We said yes, so long as they are supervised by them who were both active members. A mod of that site had his daughter join at one point too. Then there was a Dad who had his two kids as members of the forum.

Why not? If the parents are already members themselves, then the kids should be safe. You're such a skeptic Yoko. :P

I have a feeling the number is really low. Likely most who join are really strict or have no interest in anime. I'm not saying all, but I can't see many parents joining for the sake of discussion.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

My dad's a member here... o.o Plus as the forum stands right now, if I had a kid that was 10+, I'd have no trouble with them coming here.

Actually it's not just General Anime, The forum as a whole in quite a few sections have spiked in activity. (And not just because of the spam bots.) Keep up the great work everyone, Members and Staff alike!

Your dad may be a member here, but that doesn't change the fact that the chances of a parent joining this forum for the sake of discussion is probably low. If anything, they'd join to see if the forum is okay or something and probably likely not come often or again. Its really hard to imagine.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I actually don't see a problem with those types of threads as long as you guys aren't posting nudes. Other forums are way worse than that.
    I've never understood these sexual taboos. First off we all have the same body parts, admittedly some looking better than others.

A child too young for sex is uninterested. If they are interested then it's best to inform them than pretend it doesn't exist.

If people stopped treating it like it was even marginally important, the world would be better off. "Oh look naked people. How nice. Hey a bird!"

Honestly, can you give me a valid and logical reason why it's wrong to look at naked people?

They definitely were you Clayton haha. See, I have a very good memory. Sometimes a member will just stick out like a sore thumb. :P

Link to them. I may have participated, but I don't recall starting any threads with those names
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 02-17-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, fanservice threads on anime forums are really normal. Young teenagers and adults discuss them alike pretty much on every forum and it comes with the territory of the medium itself. Though, there should be a limit and that's what I think the others are getting at.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I have a feeling the number is really low. Likely most who join are really strict or have no interest in anime. I'm not saying all, but I can't see many parents joining for the sake of discussion.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Your dad may be a member here, but that doesn't change the fact that the chances of a parent joining this forum for the sake of discussion is probably low. If anything, they'd join to see if the forum is okay or something and probably likely not come often or again. Its really hard to imagine.
    Actually the real truth is that a good number of parents just stalk the site(s) as a guest, half become members, and about a quarter stay active-ish. My dad became a member, and was an active lurker (but not active member) for about 3-4 years, though he does regulary watch anime. Still we've had some parents automatically jump to requesting to the owners to have their child's account being permabanned just because they found out their kid joined an "anime forum". Sure that's a very small group, but we can't necessarily change their minds by being more 18+ on our content (assuming we could change them at all). And again, what about current and prior members becoming parents themselves and potentially having their kids come here?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Are we allowed to post Classical Art?

I'm a big fan of Luis Falermo

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually the real truth is that a good number of parents just stalk the site(s) as a guest, half become members, and about a quarter stay active-ish. My dad became a member, and was an active lurker (but not active member) for about 3-4 years, though he does regulary watch anime. Still we've had some parents automatically jump to requesting to the owners to have their child's account being permabanned just because they found out their kid joined an "anime forum". Sure that's a very small group, but we can't necessarily change their minds by being more 18+ on our content (assuming we could change them at all). And again, what about current and prior members becoming parents themselves and potentially having their kids come here?

Prior members having their kids join is obviously different since the parents were members already. I can't argue that. I'm just saying if you really think about it the chances of parents joining this forum is probably really low. I'm not saying It hasn't happened and I get your point, but the probability just seems extremely low.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Are we allowed to post Classical Art?

I'm a big fan of Luis Falermo
    In the Art section and so long as there's nothing against site rules and the section rules, yes.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Prior members having their kids join is obviously different since the parents were members already. I can't argue that. I'm just saying if you really think about it the chances of parents joining this forum is probably really low. I'm not saying It hasn't happened and I get your point, but the probability just seems extremely low.
    It does, but it helps us be prepared in the event of and mitigate hassles from things as well to just be PG or PG-13. And it also helps keep some of the immaturity down to reasonable levels too. Otherwise we'd be over ran by asl-zombies...

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That's not quite true. Yes Misc is mostly for non-animation/comic/manga related stuff, but certain issues depending on the issue itself are allowed. Like political and religious pushing by the use of cartoons or subliminal messaging through comics. Though it may better fit in General Anime, those discussions also take form in all sorts of media and I wouldn't have a problem with them being talked about in Misc. Say like a discussion of the cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad and the retaliation against the cartoonists and publishers would definitely be a good one in the Serious Talk section [wink, wink, nudge, nudge]. I mean, I'd hate to make it seem like what is allowed or isn't allowed in Misc is only made by Eris and I's judgement with no set of structured guidelines, but if we feel it fits better somewhere else than we'll simply put it where we feel it belongs; no harm, no foul, no problem for anyone. ^.^
    yeah, i should have said "not solely for the discussion of cartoons, like most of the site is. my mistake.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

yeah, i should have said "not solely for the discussion of cartoons, like most of the site is. my mistake.
    It's cool, bruh.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This thread left me with so many confusing thoughts.

I'll reply to the easier ones first though
    @Darkandiel

You're confuisng @Clayton_n with @Animedude5555 but you know...

Gil
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I always find it funny when an otaku uses the phrase "waste of time", particularly after hours hanging out on a message board.

Honestly I hear moaning and whining about topics all the time, even though the point of them is clearly labeled. I mean if you don't want to discuss say "whether to lick stamps or buy the ones that come sticky" then you just do not go into that thread. You do not join in specifically to say "this is a dumb topic".
    why not? i'm not supposed to voice my opinion? as long as i explain why i think a topic is dumb and don't let it escalate to a flame war, there's no reason i shouldn't be able to say what i want. i'd rather speak my mind truthfully than post random images that have no correlation to the topic whatsoever, just because i can. and besides all that, i normally do ignore topics that don't interest me or i think are pointless, i commented in VG's most recent "serious topic" because it's VG and he deserves all the crap he gets. but apparently the admins don't like that so i'm going to ignore his threads from now on as well.

to your other comment, i check this site once every couple hours, then go back to what i was doing, i spend about an hour total per day on this site, and i'm not an otaku, i don't watch anime. pretty much any form of entertainment media can be labeled a waste of time, but there's a good kind and a bad kind. the good kind keeps you engaged and allows you to pass time while doing/watching something you enjoy. the bad kind is the crap you post, where the user is just annoyed that he has to sift through pointless minutia that, and i must stress this, has no correlation to the topic. you're always complaining about people not staying on topic, when you're the worst offender of them all. it wouldn't be so bad if you just typed something off topic, but you go out of your way to add image after image after image that takes 10 seconds to scroll through and adds nothing to the conversation.

and thanks for giving me something else to waste my time on, this is actually the good kind because i like a good debate.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would have said this 10 years ago and I would say it now but if my parents are part of a forum, I'm never joining that forum. If they join AF, Naruto Forums, NeoGAF, ArlongPark and so on, Im asking for my account be deleted from history.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-17-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information