AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    The first half was eh, the second was great imo though. Was waiting see the adaption of this chapter.
    Not to randomly change the subject, but are you or anyone else updated with the anime Fantasista Doll?
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    Not to randomly change the subject, but are you or anyone else updated with the anime Fantasista Doll?
    It wasn't something that looked interesting enough to me to watch as it was being released. I plan to watch it all after it's been fully released though. :3

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zainox View Post
    It wasn't something that looked interesting enough to me to watch as it was being released. I plan to watch it all after it's been fully released though. :3
    The first four episodes were quite terrible, but it has sorta picked up even if people say it hasn't.

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Cheese
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

This graph is a good representation of my opinion of Fantasista Doll

Even if the newer episodes were better, they were still weak IMO. It's like saying "Well, those episodes didn't suck as bad as the others, there's still hope!"
    Last edited by Ceris; 08-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
    This graph is a good representation of my opinion of Fantasista Doll

Even if the newer episodes were better, they were still weak IMO. It's like saying "Well, those episodes didn't suck as bad as the others, there's still hope!"
    I really feel they weren't bad, but that is opinion. The first four were terrible and that is beyond obvious, but the last two I fully enjoyed. A masterpiece? No way, but bad? I don't agree. The show has a weak story, but other animes that suffer from that should deserve the same then.

Senior Member Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris has a reputation beyond repute Ceris's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I didn't say it was bad. I just got "slightly below average" vibes from those episodes. And for the type of show it is (fantasy with a premise that implies plot), having a nonexistant plot is a major damper on the anime. At least give us something. After 6 episodes we have no explanation to what the cards/dolls are even for. If they gave us that, I'd be a little more satisfied.

Maybe random incidents (as they are doing now) could have worked, but they keep throwing that guy with the eye piece into the anime like he's expecting her to do something, as if there will be a plot, so I can't look past not having one. It's like being teased with something we just can't seem to get.

Is the show painful to watch? No. Is it good? Not really. That's my opinion. I'm giving it a rating I feel it deserves, one that is slightly below average if it stays that way.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't say it was bad. I just got "slightly below average" vibes from those episodes. And for the type of show it is (fantasy with a premise that implies plot), having a nonexistant plot is a major damper on the anime. At least give us something. After 6 episodes we have no explanation to what the cards/dolls are even for. If they gave us that, I'd be a little more satisfied.

Maybe random incidents (as they are doing now) could have worked, but they keep throwing that guy with the eye piece into the anime like he's expecting her to do something, as if there will be a plot, so I can't look past not having one. It's like being teased with something we just can't seem to get.

Is the show painful to watch? No. Is it good? Not really. That's my opinion. I'm giving it a rating I feel it deserves, one that is slightly below average if it stays that way.

You did in the xbox live party.. via mic. Maybe you forgot, but it happened a couple days ago. Anyways, the show has flaws which I stated and I don't disagree with you, but people not connected to you often bash shows just because it gets bad word of mouth and follow the crowd. For example, some people won't watch shows with a 7.0 my anime list rating which always stuns me. I feel people will bash these episodes even if they did like it to fit in with the crowd. Think it doesn't happen? It does. This is why I always watch stuff that mainstream fanatics will not as even underground animes can be good with lower ratings.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 08-21-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You did in the xbox live party.. via mic. Maybe you forgot, but it happened a couple days ago. Anyways, the show has flaws which I stated and I don't disagree with you, but people not connected to you often bash shows just because it gets bad word of mouth and follow the crowd. For example, some people won't watch shows with a 7.0 my anime list rating which always stuns me. I feel people will bash these episodes even if they did like it to fit in with the crowd. Think it doesn't happen? It does. This is why I always watch stuff that mainstream fanatics will not as even underground animes can be good with lower ratings.
    What'd I say? The painful part? It's painful being teased with no plot.

You're raising another issue here. Rating fanatics. If you paid attention to ratings, you'd miss something that's more than decent, Day Break Illusion. Is it a masterpiece? No, does it deserve a below average rating? Definitely not!

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What'd I say? The painful part? It's painful being teased with no plot.

You're raising another issue here. Rating fanatics. If you paid attention to ratings, you'd miss something that's more than decent, Day Break Illusion. Is it a masterpiece? No, does it deserve a below average rating? Definitely not!
    No. Its petty, but you did call Fantasista Doll bad in the party a couple days back. Like I said, its petty though xD. Just had to point that out!

I agree! Rating fanatics are easily one of the most annoying types of anime fans as they always seem to just go along with the majority. This is why I took so long to watch Attack on Titan as ratings are just a group of opinions. Its fine to watch the known good stuff, but heck watch other stuff as well! 7.0 animes are sometimes better than some 7.8 animes I see around the internet. Mainly my anime list! I hate when people say:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is the best anime because its rating saids just that.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No. Its petty, but you did call Fantasista Doll bad in the party a couple days back. Like I said, its petty though xD. Just had to point that out!

I agree! Rating fanatics are easily one of the most annoying types of anime fans as they always seem to just go along with the majority. This is why I took so long to watch Attack on Titan as ratings are just a group of opinions. Its fine to watch the known good stuff, but heck watch other stuff as well! 7.0 animes are sometimes better than some 7.8 animes I see around the internet. Mainly my anime list! I hate when people say:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is the best anime because its rating saids just that.
    I say stupid stuff. When I take the time to post/type stuff out, I actually think stuff through. If my written opinion differs from my verbal (unless I take the time to fully explain my opinion verbally, then that's an more accurate opinion of mine), take my written opinion.

Random thought: Going to list my top favorite anime MAL ratings
    AKB0048 (7.68, 8.05)
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (8.68)
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (7.96, 8.42)
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (8.73)
    Angel Beats! (8.58)
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (8.19)
    Kokoro Connect (8.08)
    Hanasaku Iroha (8.05)
    The iDOLM@Ste R (7.84)
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (8.39, 8.56)
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (7.81, 7.84)
    Shakugan no Shana (7.92, 7.93, 7.87)
    K-On! (7.99, 8.22)
    Acchi Kocchi (7.76)
    ef - a tale of memories (8.31, 8.32)

Well, I don't take rating into consideration when making overall statements on an anime, but apparently I tend to like things that are generally liked lol. I like how out of all those, my favorite anime's first season has the lowest rating though.

When it comes to an anime rating, if I see a lower one (6.5ish) or a higher one (8.8ish) I won't say "Oh, that's definitely going to be good/bad" I say "There must be some reason why people generally think this anime is good/bad".
    Last edited by Ceris; 08-21-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I say stupid stuff. When I take the time to post/type stuff out, I actually think stuff through. If my written opinion differs from my verbal (unless I take the time to fully explain my opinion verbally, then that's an more accurate opinion of mine), take my written opinion.

Random thought: Going to list my top favorite anime MAL ratings
    AKB0048 (7.68, 8.05)
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (8.68)
    Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (7.96, 8.42)
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (8.73)
    Angel Beats! (8.58)
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (8.19)
    Kokoro Connect (8.08)
    Hanasaku Iroha (8.05)
    The iDOLM@Ste R (7.84)
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (8.39, 8.56)
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (7.81, 7.84)
    Shakugan no Shana (7.92, 7.93, 7.87)
    K-On! (7.99, 8.22)
    Acchi Kocchi (7.76)
    ef - a tale of memories (8.31, 8.32)

Well, I don't take rating into consideration when making overall statements on an anime, but apparently I tend to like things that are generally liked lol. I like how out of all those, my favorite anime's first season has the lowest rating though.
    That's fine! You liking generally liked stuff is completely fine, but people who ONLY like generally liked stuff and ignore lower rated animes confuse me. Relying on others to shape what you watch is bizarre and annoying. I treat every anime equally until I watch it because then you won't enjoy an anime as much if you don't.

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think relating it to grades in school is how it should be done, average should be right between bad and good by definition so 5.5 would be my average regardless. I round down because I see average as closer to bad considering it's not anything special and im a harsh rater. It's hard for me to take people seriously whose averages are too high, there should be just as many spectrums of good as there are bad and the higher your average goes the less spectrums of good there are. Same goes with too low, but as close to the middle as possible is perfect.

To figure out the average for a 1-10 scale you add all the numbers from 1-10 and divide it by 10. That is 5.5. I am okay with 5 or 6 being average, I prefer 5.

Some anime that deserve 1/10 in my opinion are:
    Mars of Destruction
    Garzey's Wing
    Sword Art Online
    Photokano
    Eiken
    I agree with the difference between rating school work and anime shows. Grades in school are concrete regardless of how you look at it, but rating anime is built upon opinion, because every anime passed the requirements to publish it.

Also, Matas, I DEMAND an explanation as to why you rated SAO so damn low. >:3

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albear View Post
    I agree with the difference between rating school work and anime shows. Grades in school are concrete regardless of how you look at it, but rating anime is built upon opinion, because every anime passed the requirements to publish it.

That show has haters! Maybe as many as Naruto!

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That show has haters! Maybe as many as Naruto!
    Yeah.. Unfortunately. Lol.
    I respect Matas opinion, but I am very curious why. The show had its flaws, and its feels, but 1/10? I am very curious.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah.. Unfortunately. Lol.
    I respect Matas opinion, but I am very curious why. The show had its flaws, and its feels, but 1/10? I am very curious.
    I agree a 1/10 is low, but looking at how he rates anime his 1/10 may be my 4/10 so I can see where a 1/10 would come from. I usually NEVER give 1/10s though xD.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 08-22-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree a 1/10 is low, but looking at how he rates anime his 1/10 may be my 4/10 so I can see where a 1/10 would come from. I usually NEVER give 1/10s though xD.
    Hmmm.. 4/10 is still low to me. I just think SAO deserves a 5 or higher. I did not give the show a rating personally.
    I guess I am just being bias about it since I enjoyed the show overall.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmmm.. 4/10 is still low to me. I just think SAO deserves a 5 or higher. I did not give the show a rating personally.
    I guess I am just being bias about it since I enjoyed the show overall.
    I guess opinions vary, but I'd say its a 6/10+ show. I gave Naruto a 5/10 which I'm sure some would get mad at.

Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess opinions vary, but I'd say its a 6/10+ show. I gave Naruto a 5/10 which I'm sure some would get mad at.
    Heheh I am not one of them. Naruto is average at best and I agree with you. I only liked the action from the 100 plus episodes I've seen. I stopped when Naruto, Killer Bee, and Itachi teamed up during that one fight. And that slimy orochimaru sent to a genjutsu dimension. It was a nice episode.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Heheh I am not one of them. Naruto is average at best and I agree with you. I only liked the action from the 100 plus episodes I've seen. I stopped when Naruto, Killer Bee, and Itachi teamed up during that one fight. And that slimy orochimaru sent to a genjutsu dimension. It was a nice episode.
    Ha. I always felt that Naruto is and will always be below average - average. Some fight scenes are ripped from other animes and I never thought the story / characters were all that great.

Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ha. I always felt that Naruto is and will always be below average - average. Some fight scenes are ripped from other animes and I never thought the story / characters were all that great.
    Most were not that great.. Except for Naruto, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Hinata among others. Just my opinion though.
    I also had nothing against Sasuke during the time when tons of viewers hated him. He was a child, and wasn't strong enough to control his emotions after a certain tragedy. Instead of manning up and letting it go, he went bats--t crazy.
    But yeah, show is average at best.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Most were not that great.. Except for Naruto, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Hinata among others. Just my opinion though.
    I also had nothing against Sasuke during the time when tons of viewers hated him. He was a child, and wasn't strong enough to control his emotions after a certain tragedy. Instead of manning up and letting it go, he went bats--t crazy.
    But yeah, show is average at best.
    In my opinion Shikamaru and Ino were pretty cool. I also liked Zabuza, but nowadays dislike Sakura. Ino is my alltime Naruto fave though.

Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In my opinion Shikamaru and Ino were pretty cool. I also liked Zabuza, but nowadays dislike Sakura. Ino is my alltime Naruto fave though.
    Ino huh. She is pretty.. :3
    My fav of all time in the series is Kakashi. Sometimes, I act like a total weaboo and perform jutsu with my hands. I only know the Katon Goukakyuu (or grand fireball) no jutsu by heart.
    Last edited by Albear; 08-22-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Senior Member Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account has a reputation beyond repute Inactive_Account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 09:18 PM
    Threads

TONS of plotholes and contradictions, premise isn't anything new, terrible rushed pacing, tons of deus ex machina asspulls, too many important things happening off-screen and instead showing us what are essentially fillers. It also brings in potential characters and game/plot mechanics and throws them away like they're nothing, lots of wasted potential.

To me the story fails on every single front. 1/10

The characters are all one-dimensional and there is no character development, the main villain is even 0 dimensional and has no motivation.

I can't say anything good about the characters.

1/10

The whole time I felt like SAO was insulting my intelligence.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ino huh. She is pretty.. :3
    My fav of all time in the series is Kakashi. Sometimes, I act like a total weaboo and perform jutsu with my hands. I only know the Katon Goukakyuu (or grand fireball) no jutsu by heart.
    I used to like Kakashi, but not really anymore. Has he taken his mask off yet?

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

TONS of plotholes and contradictions, premise isn't anything new, terrible rushed pacing, tons of deus ex machina asspulls, too many important things happening off-screen and instead showing us what are essentially fillers. It also brings in potential characters and game/plot mechanics and throws them away like they're nothing, lots of wasted potential.

To me the story fails on every single front. 1/10

The characters are all one-dimensional and there is no character development, the main villain is even 0 dimensional and has no motivation.

I can't say anything good about the characters.

1/10

The whole time I felt like SAO was insulting my intelligence.
    Challenge! Because I feel like being difficult/a smartass, because you gave it a ONE out of 10, name ONE thing you liked about SAO, or a thing that made you chuckle, or something you gave a passing "eh, this bumps it up a point" to.
    Last edited by Velvet_Nightmare; 08-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information