AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A lil racist question?

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

Default A lil racist question?

Ok not to offend anyone but why do many caucasian and african american are the only two ethnic group that Im am aware of still defining themselves by color? Why? Well have you ever ask an asian their enthicity and they answer yellow? Cuz I havent, so why am I asking this question? My stupid Professor gave me this project to do, so please dont be afraid to throw in you opinion no one will judge you well maybe my Professor.

Please Note: this is for a research project remember I just need your opinion on the subject and yes I know I sound stupid asking this and I know asian's arent yellow just needed to say it to prove a point about how diffrent ethni/race group define themselves. And to those who think Im ignorent or just plain stupid you guys are the ignorent ones' not being able to understand that I said the subject was given to me by a Professor, so to those who been bad repping me about being ignorent you my friends are far more ingorent than I could ever be not being smart, mature, or tollarent enough to give a straight out opinion on such sensitive issues' but instead attack me to help your own ego of being and to those who are intellegent, mature, and tollerant enough to give there personal opinion on the "SUBJECT" thank you all. You will all also be given credit as my source for my research project.

P.S. I have concluded that many people are blinded by their own ego, racism or concept of it going into a mode of rage and denial lose sight of what's really being asked or said are the true reason why we can never truly accept each other as equals and confine ourselves as seprate races' and not as one race that we all belong to the "Human Race"
    Last edited by blackrosetwilight; 01-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Your writting is atrocious, which is especially disconcerting considering that you are 18.

But in response to your post, I think that this is really the wrong place to be asking a question of that nature. We all love Yellows.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2008 02:01 PM
    Threads

Probably because of the segregation that once was between whites and black. Some food for thought.
    "Truth, joy, and love. The three are interchangeable"

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackrosetwilight View Post
    Ok not to offend anyone but why do many caucasian and african american are the only two ethnic group that Im am aware of still defining themselves by color? Why? Well have you ever ask an asian their enthicity and they answer yellow? Cuz I havent, so why am I asking this question? My stupid Professor gave me this project to do, so please dont be afraid to throw in you opinion no one will judge you well maybe my Professor.
    Because they're ignorant. They're not even using the race concept properly. Example: general white central-european-somethings are not caucascians. People from the Caucasus region are. The two are very different.

Moreover, there is more than one "race" in Africa. Therefore, "African American" is a very stupid (and, indeed racist) concept -- if used to mean "black person".

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

Thanks Capernicus!

I'm "yellow" as you would put it lol, and that was one of the few times I ever needed to say that.

Whether of not this is in the appropriate thread to be discussing this, I believe people still define themselves by colour, more commonly in the USA. Blame it on politics, blame it on Hollywood. Hey aren't these things you're meant to find out by yourself?

Gods of Death Love Apples Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 10:56 AM
    Threads

You guys are crazy. And her Typing is just fine.
    You seem to read it ok.

Well, anyway, I guess you can say hat thats just how things have been.
    Like it or not.
    "/
    Sig and Avatar
    by: GoodyLucky

Warcraft: Hit me up!
    Server: Skywall
    Main Toon: Phinvarra
    Alt Toons: Kazrawr and Nithilus

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    Whether of not this is in the appropriate thread to be discussing this, I believe people still define themselves by colour, more commonly in the USA. Blame it on politics, blame it on Hollywood. Hey aren't these things you're meant to find out by yourself?
    I blame it on the great American tradition of stupification. They see the Europeans has something, racism in this case, and then they simplify it for easier adoption. In Europe, racism was a science. In America, was reduced down to black or white.

This isn't the only time this has happened. The English language for an example. I mean, it's aluminium, not "aluminum". And how they pronounce "Pittsburgh" is an atrocity.

They've done it to countless TV shows.

Senior Member Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga has a reputation beyond repute Ikaruga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2008 07:19 PM
    Threads

Eris you're right on that. The English language is so strange, there's American and then British English...

You say colorful, I say colourful.
    You say sulfur, I say sulphur... and the list goes on..

Even armour is now known as armor, like in body armor or kevlar. Could be that the massive American corporations that make body armour has set to using the American spelling, which has ultimately changed the traditional spelling of armour to armor... This is all speculation mind you...

Alias's Child Prodigy! prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra has a reputation beyond repute prototypetetra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2008 01:54 PM
    Threads

i have only been in this country er... planet for quite a short while but I HAVE heard of people who refer to mexicans as "brown"... well honestly are asians yellow skinned? they look brownish to me... besides... african american is too long compared to black... and caucasian sounds too complicated for the simple folk... they would probably say "cock asian what???"...

oh yes... there are.... BLUE people!!! i have seen them in VEGASSS!!!! i wonder from what country or planet they are from
    Last edited by prototypetetra; 01-16-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think prototypetetra made my point. In Europe, we scoff at "the simple folk". In America, they run the country.

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

And then we wonder why aliens never visit us?

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

What about tan? Coloring people is stupid! We are all people there's no colors. We are all similar. Race, ethnicity, class, etc.. are pointless!

Last edited by Aizmov; 01-16-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Walking TaLL Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 01:18 AM
    Threads

ignore the ignorant
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

Coloring is just pigmentation. Why don't we just say everyone is technically brown. Haha. Asians are not yellow.

Senior Member Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean has a reputation beyond repute Totsean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I blame it on the great American tradition of stupification. They see the Europeans has something, racism in this case, and then they simplify it for easier adoption. In Europe, racism was a science. In America, was reduced down to black or white.

This isn't the only time this has happened. The English language for an example. I mean, it's aluminium, not "aluminum". And how they pronounce "Pittsburgh" is an atrocity.

They've done it to countless TV shows.
    What difference does it make that a word is spelled or pronounced differently? the important thing is how well you get the message across. I think it's just doing what works best, by taking out all the unneccery letters, syllables, etc.

I'd much rather words like elephant for example be spelled as elefant. Then theirs no confusion in the pronunciation.

That's why I think French is one of the dumbest languages ever to exist. For most words, half of it isn't even said. Most of the letters are just their for the hell of it, which is just stupid. Why can't all words just be written as they are pronounced?

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aki no iko View Post
    Coloring is just pigmentation. Why don't we just say everyone is technically brown. Haha. Asians are not yellow.
    Technically brown? I'm as pale as you go without being translucent.

Quote Originally Posted by Totsean View Post
    What difference does it make that a word is spelled or pronounced differently? the important thing is how well you get the message across. I think it's just doing what works best, by taking out all the unneccery letters, syllables, etc.
    Then what's the meaning of having words? We could replace them with numbers instead. And while we're at it, make them binary. Then we have reduced our language down to two syllables. You know who else uses roughly two syllables? Ooh-ooh-eeh-ooh-eeh! That's right, chimpanzees. We're not chimpanzees, ergo, we can handle a few extra syllables.

I'd much rather words like elephant for example be spelled as elefant. Then theirs no confusion in the pronunciation.
    Most people aren't idiots. So don't treat them like idiots. Have you ever met anyone with troubles pronouncing "elephant"? Challenge people to become something greater, instead of making it easy for them.

That's why I think French is one of the dumbest languages ever to exist. For most words, half of it isn't even said. Most of the letters are just their for the hell of it, which is just stupid. Why can't all words just be written as they are pronounced?
    Oh, but it's beautiful. The French learned from the horrifying lesson that is the German language.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-16-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

LOL, yellow boy here!(Just kidding!) Yes, I agree with most people here, and I'm Asian, but I'm not "yellow".

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Then what's the meaning of having words? We could replace them with numbers instead. And while we're at it, make them binary. Then we have reduced our language down to two syllables. You know who else uses roughly two syllables? Ooh-ooh-eeh-ooh-eeh! That's right, chimpanzees. We're not chimpanzees, ergo, we can handle a few extra syllables.
    Well if it can maintain it's complexity with roughly two syllables than why the hell not?

Most people aren't idiots. So don't treat them like idiots. Have you ever met anyone with troubles pronouncing "elephant"? Challenge people to become something greater, instead of making it easy for them.
    People could go even farther if you just made those things easier to learn. Just because they have trouble pronouncing a word doesn't mean they are idiots though. I've observed many intellectuals who can't pronounce certain words correctly.

Oh, but it's beautiful. The French learned from the horrifying lesson that is the German language.
    So all those extra letters are just their for their aesthetic appeal? Well, I don't find anything very artistically appealing about some simple symbols representing a sound.
    Last edited by Totsean; 01-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

yeah thanks guys for your post but maybe I should of put more detail into why Im asking this question like I said before this was for a project and I unfortunetly got this subject, also I dont have anything against asians I got asian friends, my family's asian, and I myself am asian. I wanted to do my project on asain stereotyping and prejudice but my Professor said no since it would be too easy for me and it was already taken by several of my other asian classmate and the whole yellow thing I know asians arent yellow I just needed it to prove a point.
    Last edited by blackrosetwilight; 01-16-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well if it can maintain it's complexity with roughly two syllables than why the hell not?
    Because it wou

People could go even farther if you just made those things easier to learn. Just because they have trouble pronouncing a word doesn't mean they are idiots though. I've observed many intellectuals who can't pronounce certain words correctly.
    Yes, actually, it does. An intellectual who can't grasp their native language doesn't make much of an intellectual. And people don't go anywhere if they're not forced to get off their butts and improve themselves.

So all those extra letters are just their for their aesthetic appeal? Well, I don't find anything very artistically appealing about some simple symbols representing a sound.
    Of course they are. As I said, compare French to German. It's like night and day. French is smooth and flowing, German is like falling down a flight of stairs.

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    Threads

Entschuldigen Sie, aber das ist so nicht ganz korrekt. English is much harder to learn and speak..

I would hardly say "falling down a flight of stairs," but it is pretty difficult to speak it you get rusty and it is a bit(understatement) hard on the vocal cords..
    Last edited by PanzerJager; 01-16-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Because it wou
    wouldn't?

I said if it would. and besides, does the meaning of any word have any less meaning if you change or delete a letter or two? I don't think so.

Yes, actually, it does. An intellectual who can't grasp their native language doesn't make much of an intellectual. And people don't go anywhere if they're not forced to get off their butts and improve themselves.
    I disagree. I don't think a person has to neccesarily know any language to be considered intelligent. Plus, theirs other ways to communicate than just guttural utterances.

Of course they are. As I said, compare French to German. It's like night and day. French is smooth and flowing, German is like falling down a flight of stairs.
    I wasn't talking about the way it sounds. We're discussing the way it's written. The way a word sounds wouldn't change at all if just spelling was change.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

I'd rather spell wordz az thai aar pronownsed or something.
    Korean ftw

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    Threads

I said if it would. and besides, does the meaning of any word have any less meaning if you change or delete a letter or two? I don't think so.
    Of course it would(nt).. that seems like a big difference to me.. no?

I disagree. I don't think a person has to neccesarily know any language to be considered intelligent. Plus, theirs other ways to communicate than just guttural utterances.
    There is a big difference in being intelligent and being an intellectual.. You can be one, but not the other (it works either way)..

I wasn't talking about the way it sounds. We're discussing the way it's written. The way a word sounds wouldn't change at all if just spelling was change.
    Pronounce this:

in-te-lli-gent

now this:

in-te-gent

..h.. mae ur rigt.. wt's a fe sybles he ad tere..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager View Post
    Of course it would(nt).. that seems like a big difference to me.. no?
    what? please clarify.

There is a big difference in being intelligent and being an intellectual.. You can be one, but not the other (it works either way)..
    Well, according to wiki
    An intellectual is one who tries to use his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate, or ask and answer questions about a wide variety of different ideas.
    That does not neccesarily require knowing how to speak a language.

Pronounce this:

in-te-lli-gent

now this:

in-te-gent

..h.. mae ur rigt.. wt's a fe sybles he ad tere..
    I understand what your saying somewhat, but I don't think you are pronouncing them correctly in real life though.

Phonetically, intelligent would be written just as it is, minus one l.

and that sentence: hmm.. maybe ur riyt.. wats (???) silablz he ad der.
    Last edited by Totsean; 01-16-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information