AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Photography of Miss Manipulation

Member Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2012 12:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default The Photography of Miss Manipulation

I'm quite new to photography. I only found out I love going out to take pictures years ago. Ok, so I'm not that new. But I've never taken any courses or anything so I actually have no idea if I'm doing this right. I'm just snapping pictures with my digital camera whenever I think I see something pretty. So please, feel free to critique! I think I really need it!

http://woven-from-silk.deviantart.com/#/d4t7moj <-- I personally think this is one of my best if not my best. Not quite sure why I'm so proud of it, though.
    http://woven-from-silk.deviantart.com/#/d4t7n51 <--- Also, if any bird-lovers would like to tell me what kind of bird that actually is.
    http://woven-from-silk.deviantart.com/#/d4t7lrs
    http://woven-from-silk.deviantart.com/#/d4t7ni9 <--- Taken with my phone's camera so it might not be that good but I thought I'd share anyways.

Senior Member In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 02:29 PM
    Threads

Default Re: The Photography of Miss Manipulation

I can see why the drinking bird is your fav I'd say it's the one I preferred as well. That and the third one though the sign lowers it a bit. About the bird it's most likely a heron.

Overall I like the pictures though they could still be better. I believe you should work more with your composition. It would really raise them to a whole New level. I don't know if you have worked much with photografs before or painting too for that matter. But check out some stuff like the golden rule (if it's called that in English) and try playing around with the image depth and you can really create something. Capturing wild animals are always a little tricky though.

Keep up the good work

__________________________________________________ __________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

QUOTE: I'm just snapping pictures with my digital camera whenever I think I see something pretty.

Well... that's exactly what it looks like too.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but its the reason why I don't visit this part of the forum anymore.
    People don't really understand the true term of photography anymore or something. I was confused at first.
    But it seems that most of them think that just clicking a button and capture something interesting is photography.
    Well, let me put you all back into the pond of reality; IT IS NOT.
    I'm sure this person can't even tell what buttons you need to use (and in what number the button should be) to photograph birds.
    It took me months to photograph a bird properly. Because you need to understand what your camera does first.
    I suggest to take some course or ask a photographer if he/she has time for you.
    And then come back with Photography.

Once more, I'm not wanting to be the mean bully here.
    Though I constantly feel like people are making a joke of the profession of a photographer.
    I'm seriously confused, insulted, disappointed. There... it had to be said .___.
    And in case you wonder what I mean with serious photography... look up Ace's work for example.

4. Thanks S o l o thanked for this post
    Morphine. Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Paint Palette Gun Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 09:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chigumi View Post
    QUOTE: I'm just snapping pictures with my digital camera whenever I think I see something pretty.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but its the reason why I don't visit this part of the forum anymore.
    People don't really understand the true term of photography anymore or something. I was confused at first.
    But it seems that most of them think that just clicking a button and capture something interesting is photography.
    I'm sure this person can't even tell what buttons you need to use (and in what number the button should be) to photograph birds.
    It took me months to photograph a bird properly. Because you need to understand what your camera does first.

Though I constantly feel like people are making a joke of the profession of a photographer.
    I'm seriously confused, insulted, disappointed. There... it had to be said .___.
    And in case you wonder what I mean with serious photography... look up Ace's work for example.
    Lolz hold on a little. I know what you're talking about, but take into consideration that the photography section is titled "Share pictures you've taken yourself here". It doesn't say "Share your skills and professional pictures here." Also, not everybody affords/owns a DSLR camera and not everybody is interested in professional photography. They just wanna share.
    Not even Deviant Art is only for pro's, you find a whole lot of crap there too. Everyone starts from low.
    But you have your point, most people take photography as a joke and everybody thinks it's easy. But meh.
    No Mercy,
    No Remorse.

||Thank you MaruDashi for the great set!||

6. Thanks Miss Manipulation, blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Likes S o l o liked this post
    Member Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by In0kz View Post
    I can see why the drinking bird is your fav I'd say it's the one I preferred as well. That and the third one though the sign lowers it a bit. About the bird it's most likely a heron.

Overall I like the pictures though they could still be better. I believe you should work more with your composition. It would really raise them to a whole New level. I don't know if you have worked much with photografs before or painting too for that matter. But check out some stuff like the golden rule (if it's called that in English) and try playing around with the image depth and you can really create something. Capturing wild animals are always a little tricky though.

Keep up the good work
    Thank you very much for your advice! I'm glad you liked the pictures despite me needing to improve a lot. I will be looking up that Golden Rule you've mentioned and as soon as I get the time I'll try again! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chigumi View Post

The first thing i'd like to do is apologize. I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm sorry I accidentally made a joke out of photography but like Kanjoudakai_Ira said, not everyone has the money for a special camera or the resources. That includes me. I would've bought the right camera if I had the money and my school is going to start offering the course only next year. I do plan on taking that course, I promise.

Once more I'd like to say that I'm sorry. I'm just doing what I can with what I have.

8. Thanks Chigumi thanked for this post
    Likes S o l o liked this post
    Senior Member In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Chigumi

Ok first of I get what you mean but in her defense the first thing she said was "I'm new to photography" and that she only had a digital camera to work with. She also asked for people to critique her work so she could learn right? and never did she state that she was a pro photographer. And if we are going to diss everybody who is new to this how will they learn? who will give them creative criticism?
    Next time try to be a little more smooth. maybe give some pointers instead of doing an hack and slash?

Well anyways since you didn't meant to be a jerk let's simply drop it shall we? :P

Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didnt say anything specific about HER photography.
    So I don't really get why you guys say I'm negative about her work.
    Its just how I felt recently. And to me, photography is serious.
    Even without a serious camera there's something about the feel of composing and angle too.

Same thing: I make something in paint for random and post it in the photoshop section.
    Even if I was all serious, they won't ever take it serious I guess.
    Thats all I'm trying to say. I hope you get my point a little better now.
    And once more, there's nothing wrong with what she photographed.
    I never claimed it was wrong and I most certainly not wanna bash someone like that.
    Sorry, my apology if it seemed like that.
    Last edited by Chigumi; 03-19-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It seems as if we all got into a bit of a mix-up here. We all somewhat misunderstood each other and I personally think we should just drop it. Usually when stuff like this happens someone always starts a full-blown fight and I'd hate that.
    I still want to apologize, though. I was not very smart with my words, really. Re-reading my posts, I sort of offended the art of photography. Didn't mean to do that and I will watch myself next time. Until that next time, well... have another picture?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	property.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	59516
    Truth be told, I wasn't trying to take that one. I'm just trying to change the subject? I'm sorry! Anything to avoid a fight!

Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Chigumi

I get what you mean. I guess I just misunderstood you ^^

@Miss Manipulation

The last picture could've been taken at a place close to where I live. Looks a lot like that, though I guess that goes for many places xD

Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Uhm... this isn't even anything agressive? LOL
    Just go on with your photos, I'm sure people look forward to it

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Manipulation View Post
    It seems as if we all got into a bit of a mix-up here. We all somewhat misunderstood each other and I personally think we should just drop it. Usually when stuff like this happens someone always starts a full-blown fight and I'd hate that.
    I still want to apologize, though. I was not very smart with my words, really. Re-reading my posts, I sort of offended the art of photography. Didn't mean to do that and I will watch myself next time. Until that next time, well... have another picture?
    Attachment 59516
    Truth be told, I wasn't trying to take that one. I'm just trying to change the subject? I'm sorry! Anything to avoid a fight!
    I like this picture; the shine of the light on the leaves.
    In addition, I think that photography is an art and art is whatever the artist wants it to be, therefore we have no right to say that your work is not a work of art.
    I don't like Damien Hurst's work, but i still accept that it is his way of expressing himself and showing others his passion. So you go girl...you take those pictures!
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information