AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worst, Dumbest and Lamest Ending Ever!

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Worst, Dumbest and Lamest Ending Ever!

Q: Which anime's season or series finale had the worst, dumbest and lamest ending EVER!?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Worst, Dumbest and Lamest Ending Ever!

Neo-Genesis Evangelion had an ending which left you saying, "WTF am I supposed to be watching here?"

Blood Trinity had a lousy ending because the producer died and no one wanted to continue work on it.

I will try to think of more.

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

School Days has to be one of the worst I've seen. It almost made mr stop watching anime.

More to the section that this is in I have to go with Ergo Proxy. I like the anime and have watched it many times, but the ending always confuses me.
    Last edited by AnimeBboy; 11-09-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeBboy View Post
    More to the section that this is in I have to go with Ergo Proxy. I like the anime and have watched it many times, but the ending always confuses me.
    What's confusing? Going from memory, Re'l and Vincent go off into the sunset to begin a new world. Or something like that. The main thing is Re'l learning the true meaning of humanity from a monster and an android.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, Revolutionary Girl Utena had arguably the worst, dumbest, and lamest ending ever!!

The only thing that kept the series from becoming an utter train-wreck is Utena Tenjou herself!

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    What's confusing? Going from memory, Re'l and Vincent go off into the sunset to begin a new world. Or something like that. The main thing is Re'l learning the true meaning of humanity from a monster and an android.
    I should clarify a bit. I'll uses spoiler tag for those that haven't seen Ergo Proxy.

I get that the domes are destroyed and the original humans that abandoned the planet come back. What I don't get is what Vincent means by saying he is the "Agent of Death" as Ergo Proxy as the ships come closer. I wonder does he fight the people on the ships when they land or does something else happen?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I think I have to refresh my memory to answer that one. I watched both the English dub and the Japanese with subtitles. I sort or remember the line, but in the end placed no importance on it. I think maybe Vinny is just referring to the death of the old world? Maybe. I will be re-watching for the third time eventually.

Gil
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That could be right. I will admit that I do like the writers making it so that everyone is able to make their own interpretation about what happened rather than giving the viewer an ending that they might not like.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeBboy View Post
    That could be right. I will admit that I do like the writers making it so that everyone is able to make their own interpretation about what happened rather than giving the viewer an ending that they might not like.
    Right. Endings which keep fans debating -- even though some of the arguments may get ridiculous. I like a bit of ambiguity at the end. Sometimes it is a bit more of a shocker than a surprise ending which makes everything clear.

For example, the ending of Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Rebellion, the third movie based on the series, had a real WTF ending. Actually there were a few WTF moments during the last 15 minutes. But that one scene after the credits ended really was open to interpretation. If you have seen the move, I started a thread to discuss the ending. No one responded. (Don't read it until you have seen the series or the first two movies, and then the third movie. You will regret the spoilers.)

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You know which other anime's ending was garbage? Yurikuma Arashi, step right up!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deadman Wonderland in that season 1 ended with a cliffhanger of sorts, and season 2 was never made due to poor ratings in Japan for season 1.

Senior Member Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan has much to be proud of Yan Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Amnesia. God, I hated that anime.

RWBY

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry for taking a jab at my favorite anime of all time, but Digimon Adventure 02 wins the trophy for the biggest WTF ending ever! Thankfully, Digimon Adventure Tri focuses on the original DigiDestined/Chosen Ones, or what have you. Generally speaking, most Digimon fans s--- on Season 2's epilogue.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    sj4iy is on a distinguished road sj4iy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2016 08:19 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Other than NGE, I would say my most hated finale belongs to Lost Universe. It was a rather quirky, funny series that decided it would get very 'serious' and then leave you with an incredibly infuriating ambiguous ending. Essentially ruined the entire series for me.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Burst Angel

That scarf was tied there!
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

A lot of people will probably find this ridiculous, but for me YuYu Hakusho had a very disappointing conclusion (it's still generally a great anime, which makes the ending even more disappointing). we're told we're going to get an epic war between 3 kings and we might see 3 old friends having to face each other and instead we end up with another tournament. broke my heart, man.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sirius707 View Post
    A lot of people will probably find this ridiculous, but for me YuYu Hakusho had a very disappointing conclusion (it's still generally a great anime, which makes the ending even more disappointing). we're told we're going to get an epic war between 3 kings and we might see 3 old friends having to face each other and instead we end up with another tournament. broke my heart, man.
    I didn't even make it that far in the series. I like the way it started out. The series had me hooked at the beginning. But somewhere around the third story arc it lost me. I think it was a bit to repetitive. That is the problem with long anime series. Inuyasha basically recycled former episodes after around 70. Towards the end, Bleach started wearing on my patience.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information