AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Movie/Movie Review Forum?

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Default Movie/Movie Review Forum?

I was just curious to why we don't have any forum dedicated to movies of all types? If there is one and I haven't seen it somehow then can someone tell me where it is? If there isn't then I think it'd be a good idea to have one. Just been wondering for a while now. Thanks!
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

2. Thanks Astral_Mage thanked for this post
    Likes Astral_Mage liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Movie/Movie Review Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Thranduil View Post
    I was just curious to why we don't have any forum dedicated to movies of all types? If there is one and I haven't seen it somehow then can someone tell me where it is? If there isn't then I think it'd be a good idea to have one. Just been wondering for a while now. Thanks!
    I don't think the idea is bad, but don't expect it to happen. AF is seemingly against adding or editing sections they have on here.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I don't think the idea is bad, but don't expect it to happen. AF is seemingly against adding or editing sections they have on here.
    As a mod you should seemingly know the reasonings behind this.

While it's not a bad idea to have live action movie reviews/discussions here are some valid points one should consider. Since I'm assuming you're still bitter about AF not adding in a VN section just for you though we did add VisualNovel title tags for you. So that's something.

Some questions that need to be asked/answered before adding new sections.
    *Is there enough interest/forum activity to warrant an entirely new section?
    *Is there sufficient active staff to cover this entirely new section?
    *Is there an existing section that the topic you want can fall under and still make sense?
    *Does the section even go with the anime/manga/video game theme?

I'll just go ahead and say this much. I think it'd be nice to have a non-animated movie discussion area but the fact of the matter is that is site is based off of animation. So therefor all of our dedicated sections are all geared towards animation and things related. We're low on active staff members so I doubt anyone wants more work than what is already given. Some mods are already modding outside of their area of expertise because they are nice like that.

I'll see if it can be integrated somewhere on the site because the idea to have a place to talk about live action movies isn't a bad idea. You just have to keep the questions I've presented in mind.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 01-08-2015 at 11:32 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

It's not a bad idea, but first we have to separate the movies. Animation and live-action. Animated motion pictures are very much already allowed it their respective genres (Romatic, Post-Apocalyptic, General, Magical Girl, Space, Western/Non-Japanese, etc.) No need for a new section of threads, just simply use what's already there. Now for the live-action we might be able to come up with something, essentially break it down into adaptations and non-adaptations (I wonder which will have more threads. lol) and go from there. That being sad, having more response from other members as well as activity would greatly push for that. The problem with the VN's was/is there was/is some confusion has to where they should belong, how acceptable per our rules would they be (ie: no hentai), and most of all how well will it generate activity and warrant the need for a separate section/subsection. That being said, I think all of those hurdles are cleared except for activity/drive. So essentially when more catch on to it and drive the activity for VN's up, you just may see a subsection or section made for it, and the prefixes will change from [VN] to the VN's genre or something. Hell look how long it took Western/Non-Jap to get made, and then how long it took to get to be able to accept comics as non-Japanese Manga XD... Still we have to be proactive with baby-steps here to generate the best results for a growing idea. We already have plenty of sections and subsections not generating any activity, don't need to pile onto the list... I will say this though, if folks try to use Misc for their live-action threads, a subsection will be warranted to separate them from the pure randomness.

I say was/is because mostly I'm still confused. ;.;
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 01-08-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    It's not a bad idea, but first we have to separate the movies. Animation and live-action. Animated motion pictures are very much already allowed it their respective genres (Romatic, Post-Apocalyptic, General, Magical Girl, Space, Western/Non-Japanese, etc.) No need for a new section of threads, just simply use what's already there. Now for the live-action we might be able to come up with something, essentially break it down into adaptations and non-adaptations (I wonder which will have more threads. lol) and go from there. That being sad, having more response from other members as well as activity would greatly push for that. The problem with the VN's was/is there was/is some confusion has to where they should belong, how acceptable per our rules would they be (ie: no hentai), and most of all how well will it generate activity and warrant the need for a separate section/subsection. That being said, I think all of those hurdles are cleared except for activity/drive. So essentially when more catch on to it and drive the activity for VN's up, you just may see a subsection or section made for it, and the prefixes will change from [VN] to the VN's genre or something. Hell look how long it took Western/Non-Jap to get made, and then how long it took to get to be able to accept comics as non-Japanese Manga XD... Still we have to be proactive with baby-steps here to generate the best results for a growing idea. We already have plenty of sections and subsections not generating any activity, don't need to pile onto the list... I will say this though, if folks try to use Misc for their live-action threads, a subsection will be warranted to separate them from the pure randomness.

Why can you not make a sub thread in the Western / Non-Jap section to include live action movies. As you have mentioned any Anime Based Live Actions shows can be freely talked about in their respective sections which would only leave one to believe that there could be a sub-section in the Westerm/Non-Jap portion of the forum. Let it generate the activity as it comes. From what I can tell the short while that I have been there there are only about 10 maybe 11 active members that ever post anything. I few new users each day that may generate a hello post or SPAM, but then drop off. There are those who represent the fleeting pattern of Joining and being active for a couple of weeks and then forget to come back until the next time they see the forum or need a question answered. There are also those members who just join to post a What is this anime thing or I have a product that I want you to see and there is something I am building. Just from my own poking around and reading through.

Let me ask you this question. Due to the low activity are there any thread that we (The Forum) Could vote to get rid of to reduce the clutter?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    Why can you not make a sub thread in the Western / Non-Jap section to include live action movies. As you have mentioned any Anime Based Live Actions shows can be freely talked about in their respective sections which would only leave one to believe that there could be a sub-section in the Westerm/Non-Jap portion of the forum. Let it generate the activity as it comes.
    The issue with this is in the western section it's still based on animation. While it is americanized or non-japanese orienting anime; it's still anime/animation being discussed there which fits into the whole Anime Forum shebang.

Non-Anime related live actions such as your regular run of the mill hollywood films would likely be discussed there such as The Hobbit, Annie, Night in the Museum to name a few that are currently in theaters etc. See these movies have nothing to do with Japan or Anime yet are american films so therefor do not particularly fit in. You follow?

The only place they really fit is in Misc. however at that point you can really just start a thread in Misc talking about the hobbit if you wish. No one really talks about non-animated movies all that much. But if we get a lot of threads then certainly we could consider it. But that requires someone doing more legwork to mod yet another section.

My opinion and I'm sure it lines up with various other mods who are in the same boat.

Why should we create more work for ourselves to do if no one is going to be active about it and make our efforts worthwhile. We can make a new section and have yet one more section to clear spam bots from every day.... But if no one posts; why did we bother with the work of making this whole new section if the one or two posts we get a month could've easily have gone to an existing section I.E. Misc or in one of the respective anime sections already existing.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    The issue with this is in the western section it's still based on animation. While it is americanized or non-japanese orienting anime; it's still anime/animation being discussed there which fits into the whole Anime Forum shebang.

Non-Anime related live actions such as your regular run of the mill hollywood films would likely be discussed there such as The Hobbit, Annie, Night in the Museum to name a few that are currently in theaters etc. See these movies have nothing to do with Japan or Anime yet are american films so therefor do not particularly fit in. You follow?

The only place they really fit is in Misc. however at that point you can really just start a thread in Misc talking about the hobbit if you wish. No one really talks about non-animated movies all that much. But if we get a lot of threads then certainly we could consider it. But that requires someone doing more legwork to mod yet another section.

My opinion and I'm sure it lines up with various other mods who are in the same boat.

Why should we create more work for ourselves to do if no one is going to be active about it and make our efforts worthwhile. We can make a new section and have yet one more section to clear spam bots from every day.... But if no one posts; why did we bother with the work of making this whole new section if the one or two posts we get a month could've easily have gone to an existing section I.E. Misc or in one of the respective anime sections already existing.
    I see your point and I can relate. When looking at it from your side of things I can understand not having the work or the people. I think that it could still be managed though it is a niche' want. Maybe you should look at those active members you have currently and see who is fitted to move up to Moderator their own section. Or like I mentioned in my post. It is probably time to trim some of the available section now. Due to the shortage of Active members. Close out some of the Sub-Categories that are available. Its not like there needs to be 50 Threads about pokemon. I understand the Misc Category and after re-reading the original request I agree that something like that would belong in the Misc section just based on the Categories. I first took it as a Live Action movies based on Anime/Manga/Western Comics not all movies.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As a mod you should seemingly know the reasonings behind this.

While it's not a bad idea to have live action movie reviews/discussions here are some valid points one should consider. Since I'm assuming you're still bitter about AF not adding in a VN section just for you though we did add VisualNovel title tags for you. So that's something.

Some questions that need to be asked/answered before adding new sections.
    *Is there enough interest/forum activity to warrant an entirely new section?
    *Is there sufficient active staff to cover this entirely new section?
    *Is there an existing section that the topic you want can fall under and still make sense?
    *Does the section even go with the anime/manga/video game theme?

I'll just go ahead and say this much. I think it'd be nice to have a non-animated movie discussion area but the fact of the matter is that is site is based off of animation. So therefor all of our dedicated sections are all geared towards animation and things related. We're low on active staff members so I doubt anyone wants more work than what is already given. Some mods are already modding outside of their area of expertise because they are nice like that.

I'll see if it can be integrated somewhere on the site because the idea to have a place to talk about live action movies isn't a bad idea. You just have to keep the questions I've presented in mind.
    I'm just going off with what you told me. Just because I get moderator position doesn't mean magically I learn things I didn't before. If people only tell me certain information, that's all I can possibly have.

Anyway, our work isn't even that much to begin with. Its not our fault, but AF is extremely inactive, so I don't think saying "doubt anyone wants more work" when work is very thin in the first place.

Plus, I'm not bitter about the VN section. That's just you assuming like typical blueangel. Me and Kaitou+ were promised an AG update on July 2013, but NEVER got one. Not even with reminders. So, if you think we don't have right to be irritated then you seriously don't understand annoying it is to moderate a section that has no chance of getting better without the update. I think I told you this before, but don't butt in unless you know all the details.

Its just not logical to want new sections added when the admins already take long enough to do the work they have. I've been waiting for the AG update for over a year now and I've sent constant reminders. I don't even care anymore.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Why can you not make a sub thread in the Western / Non-Jap section to include live action movies. As you have mentioned any Anime Based Live Actions shows can be freely talked about in their respective sections which would only leave one to believe that there could be a sub-section in the Westerm/Non-Jap portion of the forum. Let it generate the activity as it comes. From what I can tell the short while that I have been there there are only about 10 maybe 11 active members that ever post anything. I few new users each day that may generate a hello post or SPAM, but then drop off. There are those who represent the fleeting pattern of Joining and being active for a couple of weeks and then forget to come back until the next time they see the forum or need a question answered. There are also those members who just join to post a What is this anime thing or I have a product that I want you to see and there is something I am building. Just from my own poking around and reading through.

Let me ask you this question. Due to the low activity are there any thread that we (The Forum) Could vote to get rid of to reduce the clutter?
    They drop off because AF offers nothing new or exciting.

Generally, its a bad forum. People have MAL now and other places around the forum to discuss anime which are moderated more often.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post

The sub-sections don't relate to current anime interest, that's why. You can't expect new anime fans to be interested in sub-sections that were relevant years ago. AF is the only forum who for some reason doesn't update sub-sections of anime and keeps it 2007. Its a bad marketing plan and that's a fact. New anime fans want new anime and I've met enough anime fans to know that's a fact.

You guys can quote me and deny it all you want, but it is a fact.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 01-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Anyway, our work isn't even that much to begin with. Its not our fault, but AF is extremely inactive, so I don't think saying "doubt anyone wants more work" when work is very thin in the first place.

Plus, I'm not bitter about the VN section. That's just you assuming like typical blueangel. Me and Kaitou+ were promised an AG update on July 2013, but NEVER got one. Not even with reminders. So, if you think we don't have right to be irritated then you seriously don't understand annoying it is to moderate a section that has no chance of getting better without the update. I think I told you this before, but don't butt in unless you know all the details.

Its just not logical to want new sections added when the admins already take long enough to do the work they have. I've been waiting for the AG update for over a year now and I've sent constant reminders. I don't even care anymore.

They drop off because AF offers nothing new or exciting.

Generally, its a bad forum. People have MAL now and other places around the forum to discuss anime which are moderated more often.
    If you want to whine and complain about your job publicly feel free. Yes things are annoying with the lack of improvements; please take a number and get in line. Though as a general consensus I wouldn't particularly say our current active mods do little, and admins have their own lives where some matters are more important in their lives than others. That you don't care and call the forum you are a staff of and represent a bad forum publicly. You signed up for the job voluntarily. All it takes is one quick email to the right and you're free to go to MAL or wherever.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you want to whine and complain about your job publicly feel free. Yes things are annoying with the lack of improvements; please take a number and get in line. Though as a general consensus I wouldn't particularly say our current active mods do little, and admins have their own lives where some matters are more important in their lives than others. That you don't care and call the forum you are a staff of and represent a bad forum publicly. You signed up for the job voluntarily. All it takes is one quick email to the right and you're free to go to MAL or wherever.
    I honestly believe that this getting a tad off-topic. So lets not turn this into a flame war of accusations. I think that you have adequately answered the users question.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't consider this a job, I consider this more of a duty if that makes sense. I've always considered jobs to be a place where you get paid, though that's subjective and not worth debating about. Though, whatever it is: Complaining about a problem you see in the community you're apart of is fine and should be expected. If this was a real job/duty and I was promised something on July 2013 and the date hit January 2015, I'd speak up. There's a clear difference between being busy and just not doing something. I understand the admins are busy and that's obvious, but I don't believe they didn't have time to at least shoot an update in. Even Obama would of had time.

I just don't sugarcoat things. I'm not going to lie and call this a good forum because it isn't. There's a reason it lacks activity and lacks overall praise. I've said this multiple times so I won't repeat myself with why, but its how it is. I used to care, but well I wised up with age. I'm 22 now and see clearly you could say.

I'm already apart of MAL and spend 95% of my internet time there. Lol, no reason to sign up. xD

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I honestly believe that this getting a tad off-topic. So lets not turn this into a flame war of accusations. I think that you have adequately answered the users question.
    This isn't a flame war. This is how me and blueangel talk to each other. I don't dislike her and she doesn't dislike me. She's a tsundere and I'm the pest.

Its how the roles are.

13. Likes someoneofforumpast liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll save everyone the trouble of reading and give them the TL;DR.

This forum is all ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZz and isn't active as it used to. If you asked this in 2010-2011 it could happen but with the minuscule activity, it doesn't warrant one.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    I'll save everyone the trouble of reading and give them the TL;DR.

This forum is all ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZz and isn't active as it used to. If you asked this in 2010-2011 it could happen but with the minuscule activity, it doesn't warrant one.
    I pretty much agree 100%.

Be back, I need to go to my futon.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As a matter of fact, the sections need to be slayed in half. All these sections being all dead makes the forum look even more dead.

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

I think a new section for movies in general talk is not a bad idea, it will be actually one of the most active sections of the forums, thumbs up

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well I have my answer lol. Though I do agree with the other in regards to getting rid of a lot of the current sections/forums. Most of them are not relevent to 2013-2015. That being said, a major update would be needed to make AF an active forum again. Get rid of the dead sections/irrelevant ones, add some newer more relevant sections/sub-topics, maybe update the shop and tweak some other stuff. Though I understand that the Admins have their own lives and more important things to do, I still think it should be possible considering it's been the same for years. I refuse to believe that none of them have had anytime to actually do anything on this forum in regards to my previous statements. Back to the Movie area, I believe if we switched it out with a current dead section that it'd work. Hypothetically speaking, after it's created I would throw in some sub-topics like for example; "Live Action", "Animated", both Western and JP. Then the basic genres i.e; Action, Romance, Fantasy/Sci-fi, Horror, etc. Though that's all hypothetical but a genral idea I had. If anyone has any other ideas I would be interested to hear them!
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Mage View Post
    I think a new section for movies in general talk is not a bad idea, it will be actually one of the most active sections of the forums, thumbs up
    I would not say it it would be the most active. I think it will have it's fair share of posters, but this is an Anime Forum. So generally coming here you would expect to talk about anime.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    As a matter of fact, the sections need to be slayed in half. All these sections being all dead makes the forum look even more dead.
    I completely agree whole-heartedly.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I would not say it it would be the most active. I think it will have it's fair share of posters, but this is an Anime Forum. So generally coming here you would expect to talk about anime.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

I understand it's an anime forum but I think some of the others failed to realize that I said movies of all types and not just Live Action films. There are anime movies and animated movies too. Though considering this forum is practically dead, I thought adding something like that could re-populate it a bit. Or at give AF something new and interesting. All in opinion though.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[/COLOR]

I understand it's an anime forum but I think some of the others failed to realize that I said movies of all types and not just Live Action films. There are anime movies and animated movies too. Though considering this forum is practically dead, I thought adding something like that could re-populate it a bit. Or at give AF something new and interesting. All in opinion though.

I Completely understand but having a forum for All Movies would really be viewed as Live-Action Movies Western and Jap. Yes there is a niche for that type of thread, but when you think of an animated movie. Aside from say your Disney Pixar, Dreamworks, and Sony Animation. You think of Studio Ghibli or a movie based of Naruto. Which all have there own respective places already to discuss them. There would not be a need to have multiple places to discuss the same topic. I hope you understand what I am saying. I agree there needs to be a clean-up of some sort, but I think it would only work if we had support and there was a poll to say what should go and what should stay. Again nothing we can change, but we can help. And it takes more than just a want to make something come back to life. It takes hard work on everyone's part to revive a fallen forum. I think there is great potential in this place. In my forum I would send out an e-mail every month to users who have been inactive for longer than 2 months to remind them that we are still here. It was an option in my admin panel (so I don't know if that is possible here). But it is the little things. And I agree Personal Life does take a toll on the ability to manage. We grow up, get jobs, go to school, start families, raise kids. We are all in different phases of life. I was an admin once and then I deployed and was gone for an entire year. That reflect bad to the members if even the admin is absent. Now I had a great staff, but that is neither here nor there. I hope that we can help re-build AF to be something truly great.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

@Yoko Littner , But 2007 was such a good year. ;.; XD

Anyways, Kaitou+ pretty much hit the nail on the head. Still the argument can be made that with opening up discussion on live-action films we'd be able to talk about films that were adapted from animation, on top of everything else. And yes this is an "Anime Forum" But there's still no reason that folks can't talk about something in entertainment besides animation. Some folks/members aren't even here because of anime. At the same time others may be semi-burned out from anime also. So a nice discussion area of something outside of anime might help bring more in or just bring in more activity. I'm kind of thinking of the Literature section when I think of this though.

Now for the off-topic discussion Reallocation and reformatting the older sections and such, that could be done and effectively with the help of the site admins, but I'd suggest coming up with one or more plans on how to best do this. Especially with trying to rework sections that receive very little attention from members and staff alike. That way the plan(s) can be reviewed by site staff/all staff/publicly and work can progress with the highest amount of approval and appreciation. If there's one thing I know, when it comes to dealing with the site admins having all the legwork, research and then somes worked out and dealt with so all they have to implement and let things be things will net better responses, response times, and general positivity from all.
    Still that's off topic and best suited for another thread.

Back on topic... One thing that might help with this discussion is a little research on the subject... It just might help boast a prerequisite need if there where let's say already some threads here and there on live-action movies that one can dig up and show that there's some activity in it. I mean the obvious animation/manga/comic books adaptations to live-action should be plentiful, but straight up live-action or literature to live-action might still have a thread to be found here and there somewhere on the site. Even if a staff member might have closed it already.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 01-09-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

23. Thanks Astral_Mage, someoneofforumpast thanked for this post
    Likes Astral_Mage, someoneofforumpast liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information