AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Euthanasia

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Euthanasia

So, apparently, We have this group debate on Saturday.
    I need all the arguments I need to win this one. I'm the Deputy/Assistant Leader of Opposition. My role is to rebut(contradict) the Deputy Prime Minister.

Our topic is...ugh. Euthanasia a.k.a Mercy Killing.

I'm on the negative side (I was appointed to. But I'm really a pro on this issue)

This is my argument: (Please help me! I really want to beat those groupmates of mine who didn't listen to me when I asked them to put in a side where I can truly defend)

"Everyone has the right to life. Even though the chance of surviving a chronic/terminal illness are very slim. We cannot always resort to killing just to free one from misery and pain. Killing remains killing. The definition remains the same.

Euthanasia is considered morally and ethical wrong.. Because a person's death cannot be decided by any man. And the assurance of euthanasia succeeding with the patient's consent is not even absolutely true. Some of these acts are done by the doctor's influence. Instead of instantly killing someone which can still give an impact to the people around the sick person. We should just the double the care to make the remaining days of "living" of someone worth "living".

Is that okay? Please validate my argument. I really need all the help I can get before Saturday! :3 I'll appreciate everyone's effort. Feel to criticize my work my argument so that I can construct another one that is better.
    I'll also appreciate some ideas that can make my argument so great that the PRO people will find difficulty to rebut it.

Please Pretty Please! )

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Euthanasia

It's hard for me to help you support your arguments because I'm pro on the issue, myself. Perhaps your argument could work, but I'm not sure how would that really work during your debate though. I feel like there could be more done. I suggest doing some research on why is it best to keep a person alive.

So why are you on the negative side? o_o;

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post

So why are you on the negative side? o_o;
    My groupmates forced me to join the negative side because the negative side lacks one member. While the positive has excessive members. And that's the reason why I wanted to win the debate, to show them that the topic isn't enough to make you win. The arguments have their part and how can you deliver them.

4. Likes I A liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I can't help you back up your argument either because I'm pro-euthanasia.

I put down my kitty before. It was a painful drawn out experience since all the vets were closed. But long story short. If someone or something is suffering and there's no chance they are ever going to survive their sufferings. Why make the misery so drawn out?

Although there was this one time a girl in my county got in a car wreck and was on life support and was braindead. The parents pulled her plug only after a few days. Seriously I don't think they made it to a week. I was soooo confused at this. I thought maybe that choice was made too quick. At least give it a while for all the swelling to potentially go down. A few days ain't gunna do anything. But otherwise I'm rather for it, especially if it's their own wishes.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, It seems like our topic is really one-sided. But anyway, I ain't gonna lose without a fight! :3
    Hahaha. thanks guys for the wonderful opinions. My mind is still accepting more though

Junior Member asdfasgasdfg is on a distinguished road asdfasgasdfg's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 02:58 PM
    Threads

What a nice word for cold murder :P

I'd rather spend the rest of my life in a wheel chair than satisfy a bunch of people who blame me for something i didn't even know was wrecking my life but they did and they were paid for it lol
    Last edited by asdfasgasdfg; 11-29-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Rationality > Morals

Just saying you got on the bad side of the debate.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

9. Likes Jozette liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by a R b a c Y k View Post
    Rationality > Morals

Just saying you got on the bad side of the debate.
    When you get paid to do something you're supposed to do your job :/ Not leave someone helpless and clueless

I guess we should pay everyone that suddenly finds out they had no idea what they were doing

And when they told me I did exactly what they wanted me to until they started to threaten to murder me

They wouldn't have allowed me to be free anyway. The entire situation is a bunch of lies lol

The real reason I didn't actually leave is because they wanted to frell up what I had :P
    Last edited by asdfasgasdfg; 11-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

Too short, wouldn't fq.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They purposely left important things out so I'd make bad decisions and now they do things like show me thread titles 'Misbehaved' animal euthanasia

I am misbehaved because I actually tried to go get freedom :P

People suck

They also confused the grozit out of me when I remembered things
    Last edited by asdfasgasdfg; 11-29-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Dreams of a moonlit night Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun has a reputation beyond repute Yuuchun's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cookie Green Tea Coke
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2014 10:49 PM
    Threads

I am also pro when it comes to this issue, but you might want to have some concrete facts backing up your statements. Perhaps you can look up legal terms of when its manslaughter and what not...how euthanasia stands before the law. You also mentioned something about euthanasia being influenced by a doctor's decision...have some cases where it supports your claim. You can pull out the religious card, but that will be a hot mess and will likely lead to a whole new argument.
    Last edited by Yuuchun; 11-29-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Original art by Wanmeishala
    Graphic set by Seung-li

Passed between dreams and reality and disappeared like an illusion
    Because the moon that day was too far and my memory was vague

Please visit
    FanfictionRPGs: The School of Seven TowersTumblr

Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuchun View Post
    I am also pro when it comes to this issue, but you might want to have some concrete facts backing up your statements. Perhaps you can look up legal terms of when its manslaughter and what not...how euthanasia stands before the law. You also mentioned something about euthanasia being influenced by a doctor's decision...have some cases where it supports your claim. You can pull out the religious card, but that will be a hot mess and will likely lead to a whole new argument.

The religious card would be my last resort if I can't think of any more arguments. :3

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Same as most people--I'm also pro-euthanasia :P

Using the religious card as a last resort would be fine I guess.
    You can also argue that legalizing euthanasia might lead to abuse by both doctors and patients.
    Family members/friends might sometimes pressure the doctor/patient into accepting euthanasia.

Tbh I think it's a losing cause. Many things are prohibited in the world today solely due to religious reasons... XD

Senior Member I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A has a reputation beyond repute I A's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Chicken Present L Laptop
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: LenKagamine14 Steam ID: YB_RolinaFeuerbach_15

Here's all I can do for you:

There's the issue of suicide by doctor. Would this just be an excuse to end one's own life? That factors in the question of what do you define an illness as deathly, and what exact chances they have of surviving and/or time to live. Then there is the issue of who decides. The doctor or the patient? Even that will spur controversy because it is all based on relative judgement. Some people will throw in the towel if they even have minor cancer, but others will hold on until the bitter end. This is especially the case for mothers of young children. Also, what if the said patient is told there is no other way, where there really is. In this case, you can tell the story of Lorenzo's Oil, where Lorenzo faced a deadly disease known as ALD. Everyone claimed it there was no cure, however, Lorenzo's parents discovered a cure and Lorenzo lived to 35. And of course, if all else fails, throw in the religious card (I highly recommend you don't.) It all breaks down to who judges, and can it be judged correctly.

Wikipedia Entry for Lorenzo's Oil
    Last edited by I A; 11-29-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Sing from the soul

Musician | Otaku | Fujoshi | Gamer
    Groups:
    The League of Legends Coalition
    RPGs:
    Legends of Sakura
    ---
    Come join me in League of Legends

17. Thanks SakuraKiss13 thanked for this post
    Likes SakuraKiss13 liked this post
    Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I A View Post
    Here's all I can do for you:

There's the issue of suicide by doctor. Would this just be an excuse to end one's own life? That factors in the question of what do you define an illness as deathly, and what exact chances they have of surviving and/or time to live. Then there is the issue of who decides. The doctor or the patient? Even that will spur controversy because it is all based on relative judgement. Some people will throw in the towel if they even have minor cancer, but others will hold on until the bitter end. This is especially the case for mothers of young children. Also, what if the said patient is told there is no other way, where there really is. In this case, you can tell the story of Lorenzo's Oil, where Lorenzo faced a deadly disease known as ALD. Everyone claimed it there was no cure, however, Lorenzo's parents discovered a cure and Lorenzo lived to 35. And of course, if all else fails, throw in the religious card (I highly recommend you don't.) It all breaks down to who judges, and can it be judged correctly.

Wikipedia Entry for Lorenzo's Oil

Wow. I'm not aware of this case. Thanks for this one! :3
    This is a great help indeed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information