AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pride and self-pity

Member RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 10:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Pride and self-pity

Hello,

I was reading an article online and I am paraphrasing what was said. For example, a co-worker is faster in the workplace than I am. I start to feel discontent that I don't have that talent and ask myself why wasn't I created to be faster like them. All that discontent turns into discouragement and self-pity. The author concludes with it is all fueled by pride. I searched on Bing pride and self-pity and found this article online. https://blessing.im/what-pride-and-s...ave-in-common/

The reason I share this because I sometimes don't catch myself falling into self-pity mood. How do you experience self-pity? What do you do to get out of self-pity mood?

I like this quotes.

I hope this article could encourage others with your experiences and teach me as well.

Thank you.
    Last edited by RunnerNoah; 06-08-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLxZEU02uI In Christ Alone

"Beware of wanting to be like me. You don't know the sins of my life. You don't know how much I have neglected. You don't know the cost have been. The real question is how to be the fullest most God-centered, Christ exalting, bible saturated, loving, humble, mission advancing, justice seeking, others serving person. You can be. Don't measure yourself by others. Measure yourself by your potential in Christ." - John Piper.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pride and self-pity

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerNoah View Post
    Hello,

I was reading an article online and I am paraphrasing what was said. For example, a co-worker is faster in the workplace than I am. I start to feel discontent that I don't have that talent and ask myself why wasn't I created to be faster like them. All that discontent turns into discouragement and self-pity. The author concludes with it is all fueled by pride. I searched on Bing pride and self-pity and found this article online. https://blessing.im/what-pride-and-s...ave-in-common/

The reason I share this because I sometimes don't catch myself falling into self-pity mood. How do you experience self-pity? What do you do to get out of self-pity mood?

I like this quotes.

I hope this article could encourage others with your experiences and teach me as well.

Thank you.
    While pride and self-pity can go too far, they both have uses.

Pride in terms of remembering something you accomplished fondly. This can help you achieve a future thing, and the positive reinforcement can encourage you to even attempt to achieve a new thing in the first place.

With self pity I think the core mental activation are your instints talking to you. Sort of how you might be worried about the dark.

The key thing is not to dwell or brush it aside but to consider what your mind is trying to point out to you.

In the case of the dark you'd need to evaluate if you're in an unsafe place or not and either calm down if it's safe, or do something to change the situation if it isn't safe.

I think it's the same way in the coworker example. Think about the situation. Is it safe? If so maybe calm down.

But maybe it isn't safe. Maybe you're the slowest one and will be the first to go if there are layoffs. In that case you may need to attempt to change the situation. That can be hard, but I find it helps to even set a small goal for improvement or self development so you could do something else. Besides the practical benefits, I find that quites the mind since you're doing something about the concern as opposed to just staying in a bad position.

3. Thanks RunnerNoah thanked for this post
    Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

self pity is my favourite emotion don't take this away from me

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Always blame the last person who left the organization. They can't defend themselves.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information