AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The murder of Trayvon Martin - The murderer is STILL not arrested!!

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The murder of Trayvon Martin - The murderer is STILL not arrested!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stawberrylove View Post
    It's better then shooting some one and jail for it ....(if he does)
    I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean there. Could you try again?

If English is your second language I give you credit for participating here though.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The one lady who kill ( or not) her daughter and got away with it ....
    Do you have any link that you can share so I can read about it?
    I havn't heard about that case before, but I don't live in USA either so I guess that isn't so surprising.
    Last edited by SuXrys; 03-26-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typos

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Jupiter Star Wand Top Rainbow Ribbon 001 - Bulbasaur
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2012 08:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Do you have any link that you can share so I can read about it?
    I havn't heard about that case before, but I don't live in USA either so I guess that isn't so surprising.
    Here form Wiki ( look more into it ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Caylee_Anthony

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean there. Could you try again?

If English is your second language I give you credit for participating here though.
    Nope it's my first. It's just that my grammar is bad.
    Last edited by Nitzer; 03-26-2012 at 06:53 PM.

4. Thanks SuXrys thanked for this post
    Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looks like this thread might be dying down, but more is comming out.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-...opstories.html

Looks like he has a few suspensions and might be quite the theif. Which of course doesn't mean someone should get to shoot him, but it does make him seem more like the sort of person who might get pissed at someone following them and decide to beat the crap out of them.

However whichever way this case goes, the part I find interesting is that it seems all the actuall factual information on the case has come from "leaks" and the department has threatened to fire whoever let factual information out.

I think our government needs to re-evaluate how they diseminate information in the internet age. People will not wait around for a police investigation. They'll get the family sending out a picture of the kid from a few years ago that paints him as a saint, the shooter as a psycopath that gunned him down in cold blood, and soon you've got massive protests and bounties on the guys life.

Meanwhile the police are sitting on evidence and witness testimony that explains why they didn't arrest Zimmerman and shows that at the least Trayvon was beating on Zimmerman prior to being shot. But they sit on it until a couple people have to step down from their jobs.

We need to modernize.

Senior Member Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Looks like he has a few suspensions and might be quite the theif. Which of course doesn't mean someone should get to shoot him, but it does make him seem more like the sort of person who might get pissed at someone following them and decide to beat the crap out of them.

However whichever way this case goes, the part I find interesting is that it seems all the actuall factual information on the case has come from "leaks" and the department has threatened to fire whoever let factual information out.

I think our government needs to re-evaluate how they diseminate information in the internet age. People will not wait around for a police investigation. They'll get the family sending out a picture of the kid from a few years ago that paints him as a saint, the shooter as a psycopath that gunned him down in cold blood, and soon you've got massive protests and bounties on the guys life.

Meanwhile the police are sitting on evidence and witness testimony that explains why they didn't arrest Zimmerman and shows that at the least Trayvon was beating on Zimmerman prior to being shot. But they sit on it until a couple people have to step down from their jobs.

We need to modernize.
    So true and thax for the link
    They where talking about it on my news and the whole " weed" thing came up. <------Witch stile doesn't give the right to shoot him.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think it's hard to say so much more until we know more of what has happened / or what happens with the case. So thank you for the link! I'll read it later.

So someone is actually leaking information from the inside? Do they think it's just one person or do they think it's more then one?

We need to modernize
    Agreed. Sadly people in charge (often old people (yes I think stereotypical about this)) arn't following how fast everything and everyone is moving around them. Just look at those new internet laws that they are talking about - I am sure that atleast many of the writers/supporters to them are typically old people who doesn't understand everything about the internet and doesn't understand what actually will happend with the internet if those laws would become a reality.

But that about the pictures arn't strange at all -newspapers exc wants to sell copies and they will sell a lot more of them if a crazy person shot down an innocent teenager compared with what they would sell if they instead sold the news about that a guy who is properly dressed shot down a young man who had began to walk down the wrong path. It's all about money.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So true and thax for the link
    They where talking about it on my news and the whole " weed" thing came up. <------Witch stile doesn't give the right to shoot him.
    Nobody says the weed thing, or the stolen jewlery thing, or the graffiti thing are reasons to shoot the kid. But much of logic behind why Zimmerman should be arrested was that this was a small cherubic little kid, and it wasn't credible that Trayvon would have attacked Martin first. So there is a character argument to be made.

Certainly it sounds like, and is corroborated by at least one witness and the injuries on the Zimmerman and lack of them (aside from the gunshot) on Trayvon, that at least Trayvon was laying into Zimmerman pretty good for a while.

I
    So someone is actually leaking information from the inside? Do they think it's just one person or do they think it's more then one?
    They haven't said. I'd think it would have to be at least two people though. One back where Trayvon's school is located who could bring up the suspensions and things, and then at least one other releasing details from the encounter that night.

Agreed. Sadly people in charge (often old people (yes I think stereotypical about this)) arn't following how fast everything and everyone is moving around them. Just look at those new internet laws that they are talking about - I am sure that atleast many of the writers/supporters to them are typically old people who doesn't understand everything about the internet and doesn't understand what actually will happend with the internet if those laws would become a reality.

But that about the pictures arn't strange at all -newspapers exc wants to sell copies and they will sell a lot more of them if a crazy person shot down an innocent teenager compared with what they would sell if they instead sold the news about that a guy who is properly dressed shot down a young man who had began to walk down the wrong path. It's all about money.
    And to be fair the information and pictures that the family were sending out would have been all the media had for a little while.

But yeah, I think there are some people who just don't appreciate how fast stuff happens these days. People come to rapid conclusions on incomplete information, people are already staging massive protests, calling the laws allowing someone to defend their own life into question, and putting bounties on people. And the police are complaining about the leaks, when they should have had a press conference, and maybe a presentation with some evidence put up in some social media.

If you don't have totally complete information just say so (very clearly). But the world will not just wait for months while you put things together.

9. Thanks SuXrys thanked for this post
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ooo Yeah I about forget putting this In my post is the dad said the " weed" thing wasn't part of the case (−_−;)
    Last edited by Nitzer; 03-27-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If it was a black man shooting a young white boy - then I think it would've looked different!
    Not really. Have you heard of many cases where a young white male victim gets media attention? There was a case of a elementary school white boy being sexually assaulted by middle school girls and there was very little coverage and the police station labeled it as a prank. In the Duke Lacrosse, a black woman accused some white boys of rape and that case was picked up immediately and taken seriously.

The only common denominator is gender, really. Male victim crimes are much more common than female victim crimes when you look at statistics, and the media usually on gets fascinated with female victim crimes, and ad campaigns always talk about preventing female victim violence. If it was a white girl or a black girl who was shot, then it would spread like wildfire and the prosecutors would already be preparing for the case. Society want to protect women and have men take responsibility for the danger they enter, but at the end of the day both are just a fragile to bullets and blades.
    Last edited by Wio; 03-27-2012 at 11:19 PM.

12. Likes Anoleis liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Not really. Have you heard of many cases where a young white male victim gets media attention?
    Yes I have. Can't point out certain cases right now, but I have heard about cases like that many times.

Society want to protect women and have men take responsibility for the danger they enter, but at the end of the day both are just a fragile to bullets and blades.
    Talking about that;

(Even a police just walked by...).
    ]

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Ooo Yeah I about forget putting this In my post is the dad said the " weed" thing wasn't part of the case (−_−;)
    It wasn't really either.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

I mean it can be used as character argument, as Sunny mention before, but it hasn't to do with Zimmerman shooting him.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes I have. Can't point out certain cases right now, but I have heard about cases like that many times.
    That's interesting, cause I haven't seen it other than a small clip on the local news. On top of that, a lot of times when a black man kills a white man, the white man's race is not mentioned.

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

the murder of who ? where? was this guy a rapper or something?

Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Glass Dice Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cubangangster

@sataned It's about a black boy who got shot by the captain of the Neighborhood Watch. He's still not arrested for homicide and that's the main set for this thread.

Zimmerman suspected Trayvon from loitering, which itself is not an offense (as far as I know) but then he took out the gun and Jayvon made a run for it, Zimmerman took it as "very suspicious behaviour" . In other words, Zimmerman was kinda paranoid, almost like he was on drugs while this event happened, and I think he should be arrested and sentenced for both homicide and the use of drugs.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    That's interesting, cause I haven't seen it other than a small clip on the local news. On top of that, a lot of times when a black man kills a white man, the white man's race is not mentioned.
    So they actually say "A black man killed another man"? I mean mentioning the colour of the skin like that.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2017 11:11 PM
    Threads

I've recently watched a clip on MSNBC talking about how some new witness came forward about seeing things after the shots were fired and how Zimmerman acted after the shooting. Also a homicide cop at the scene didn't buy Zimmerman's self-defense claim. Personally, I think it should have been fully investigated to see if self-defense claims were true.

I think if I was still in my politics class about the media, we would probably be talking about this case somewhat.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samuru View Post

Zimmerman suspected Trayvon from loitering, which itself is not an offense (as far as I know) but then he took out the gun and Jayvon made a run for it, Zimmerman took it as "very suspicious behaviour" . In other words, Zimmerman was kinda paranoid, almost like he was on drugs while this event happened, and I think he should be arrested and sentenced for both homicide and the use of drugs.
    We still don't have an official report, but that's not how things went down.

Anyway @The Angelic Anathema had posted some pictures earlier. Some of which was accurate, but it looks like the picture with him flipping off the camera was of a different guy that just happened to also be named Trayvon Martin.

Some info on that and the related media bias schenanigans with what pictures they select:
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...155103512.html

Also it sounds like the twitter feed we're hearing about was indeed his. I'd post his twitter handle but I think that would be against the terms of service of this site, so you'll just have to follow the links.

Closed Thread

Thread Information