AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some of my drawings

Member Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2013 04:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: brentb1990

Default Some of my drawings

Here's some of my drawings I just started drawing and they're done in pen, so don't be too harsh haha...

no Just kidding, please feel free to tell me what you think of them

~ Akio

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130611_213954.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	77152Click image for larger version

Name:	20130612_113104.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	77153

This last one is supposed to be an anime version of myself ahah, not quite sure if I accomplished what I was going for tho lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130612_125253.jpg‎
Views:	32
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	77151  
    Last edited by Akio-sempai; 06-12-2013 at 08:50 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Some of my drawings :D

Very unbalanced and not proportionate on extreme levels. You're even using grids so there's no real reason really why it's unbalanced and unsymmetrical. Use the grid squares. If you fold your paper right in half down the center of your drawing pretty much everything should line up on both sides. There are many tutorials on the anime style but someone who actually draws could probably help you more out with that.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

3. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Member Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai has much to be proud of Akio-sempai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Rainbow Crash Thank you for being honest and not generic on your opinion, I really appreciate it . I took your advice and tried using the grids on my graph paper and sketched one of gumi, what do you think?

Name:	20130612_153653.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	578.0 KB
ID:	77154

I think it still needs a little bit of work tho.

5. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I think that's a much better improvement :3 Keep working at it.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

7. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Junior Member Grey Fullbuster is on a distinguished road Grey Fullbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2013 11:11 PM
    Threads

Very childish needs a lot of improvement

9. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Member fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon is a splendid one to behold fire katon's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Bleach Zangetsu Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 11:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

nice drawings.
    i like drawings and to draw.you must develope your skills.

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it . I definitely do need a lot of practice tho. I drew this one up yesterday... what do you guys think?
    I still can't get the eyes right tho :/

Name:	20130612_204407.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	537.8 KB
ID:	77165

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hi guys, I kinda wish I didn't post this thread earlier, some of those pics are eyesores to me but I've been practicing and think I've improved a bit this week What do you guys think?

I still can't get the hair right and I think the head proportions might be a little off, but I'm still working at it :3

Member iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 11:57 AM
    Threads

Comparing the first ones you posted and the last ones posted so far there has been a drastic improvement (☆^ー^☆)!

How long do you practice each day?

Member aaaaaaaaaaa is on a distinguished road aaaaaaaaaaa's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're a lot better than the first time you posted. Nice!

Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks @iAnime and @AzFarhan I practiced pretty much whenever I wasn't working this week, and watched videos of some techniques manga artist use. I think the proportions are still off tho, but I'll keep practicing and post some more

Member iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime has a reputation beyond repute iAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 11:57 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-sempai View Post
    Thanks @iAnime and @AzFarhan I practiced pretty much whenever I wasn't working this week, and watched videos of some techniques manga artist use. I think the proportions are still off tho, but I'll keep practicing and post some more
    You're welcome can't wait to see more of your improved drawings (●´∀`●). Keep up the good work!

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 02:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

You are steadily improving. =] A trick with hair is to make sure you are light with your strokes. There isn't lots of clumps from top to bottom unless it's dreadlocks, just do long swoops and then add gaps and points at the bottom with only the odd strand or so of hair leading back up to the top. Copy artwork that you like and you'll learn how to do it yourself. =]
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

18. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Gyzra Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it (^^). I looked at some of your artwork and it was amazing! Especially that picture of Johnny Depp. You definitely have a great style. Thanks again.

20. Thanks Gyzra thanked for this post
    Likes Gyzra liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Name:	20130731_130516.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	78926

I was watching a youtube video and really liked the artist's character he was drawing so I decided to give drawing her a shot. Still needs a little work. (Miku mouse pad in the corner XD)

Senior Member zxccxxc is on a distinguished road zxccxxc's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Beer Kill Bill Katana Matrix Tracker
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2014 12:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hey noow you made an impressive progress in drawing, akio.
    maybe you can add a little background in the future.
    keep up the good work. ^0^
    waiting for the new drawing !! *ctrl+d* bookmarked

23. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Some of my drawings

I would really advise you to practice more, and try to get more structure out of your drawings. Your most recent one has a massive head in relation to the body, even by the standards of its anime design. The nose is a bit too low, the eyes are a bit out of sync, and the hair is kind of weird.

A good solution to drawing ANYTHING, is to have a basic structure system down to organize things. Like for example, how a person's face can generally be divided into 3rds, and all that stuff. I think you should start nailing down stuff like this: http://imgs.steps.dragoart.com/how-t...00055535_5.jpg
    Practice it a bit, and you'll be able to improve much more, I also encourage you to try drawing more than just the face. Good luck.

25. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Likes Akio-sempai liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Name:	20130801_012845.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	78933

It's Rena from Higurashi (^^) She's cute, she's funny, she's... OMG CAT EYES!!! still trying to get the proportions right, but I tried drawing some background with it.
    Still needs work, but I like how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    I would really advise you to practice more, and try to get more structure out of your drawings. Your most recent one has a massive head in relation to the body, even by the standards of its anime design. The nose is a bit too low, the eyes are a bit out of sync, and the hair is kind of weird.

A good solution to drawing ANYTHING, is to have a basic structure system down to organize things. Like for example, how a person's face can generally be divided into 3rds, and all that stuff. I think you should start nailing down stuff like this: http://imgs.steps.dragoart.com/how-t...00055535_5.jpg
    Practice it a bit, and you'll be able to improve much more, I also encourage you to try drawing more than just the face. Good luck.
    Thanks @Serated . I really appreciate the advice and honest feedback. It helps me out a lot. I'll definitely check out that link you sent me.
    Last edited by Vintniv; 08-02-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Attachment 78933

It's Rena from Higurashi (^^) She's cute, she's funny, she's... OMG CAT EYES!!! still trying to get the proportions right, but I tried drawing some background with it.
    Still needs work, but I like how it turned out.
    wow, a new drawing ??
    look nicer with a background eh ?
    nice work akio-san
    and,, one last thing, do you mind if i have some drawing request ?
    i might like some drawing of Busujima Saeko from HOTD, umm of course if you have much time and it doesn't bother you anyway.

28. Thanks Akio-sempai thanked for this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Name:	20130803_124816.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	79027

Gumi da!
    I drew this one this morning. I thought I'd try Gumi again. couldn't get her goggles right though so I took them out : P
    I saw a picture of her on Google and thought she looked cute in it so I gave it a shot.
    Last edited by Akio-sempai; 08-03-2013 at 06:03 PM.

30. Likes zxccxxc liked this post
    Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The latest one is a whole lot better. It's the most proportionate than the others. You're steadily improving. Good luck!

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Attachment 79027

Gumi da!
    I drew this one this morning. I thought I'd try Gumi again. couldn't get her goggles right though so I took them out : P
    I saw a picture of her on Google and thought she looked cute in it so I gave it a shot.
    Cute !! nice work akio-san

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information