AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't want to grow up

Junior Member jazzypotatocat is an unknown quantity at this point jazzypotatocat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2016 06:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Don't want to grow up

I don't really know how to talk about this, so I guess I'll just be completely open.
    For quite some time I have been loosing interest in the things I have loved and considered part of my personality. Anime of course being one of them, I don't have any interests anymore whatsoever. Therefor, it makes it hard to keep a conversation with someone, even in family. The only person I can talk to fully and the only friend I have outside of my family is my boyfriend, who I have been with since before all of this started. I was just curious, as to weather or not his has happened to anyone else? I will be 20 soon and I don't want to loose sight of that inner child I have always had. Thank you

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Don't want to grow up

Aww, feel better. Life gets hard sometimes, but it gets better.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

3. Thanks jazzypotatocat thanked for this post
    Junior Member jazzypotatocat is an unknown quantity at this point jazzypotatocat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aha, thank you

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Well, I'm kind of in the same place as you. I haven't watched anime like I used to in a while (it used to be all I watched). Now I watch maybe a full series every couple of weeks or so.

Just keep in mind that it happens, and our interests change often but I know that one day you'll think "Huh, I really feel like watching some anime right now!" and you'll get right back to it ^^ I think for people who watch it often and at some point, get super dedicated to it, the interest will never completely leave. We'll always go back to watching, and re-watching for nostalgia.

Either way, it'll be a-okay! Don't get too down about it ^^
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Holocast View Post
    Well, I'm kind of in the same place as you. I haven't watched anime like I used to in a while (it used to be all I watched). Now I watch maybe a full series every couple of weeks or so.

Just keep in mind that it happens, and our interests change often but I know that one day you'll think "Huh, I really feel like watching some anime right now!" and you'll get right back to it ^^ I think for people who watch it often and at some point, get super dedicated to it, the interest will never completely leave. We'll always go back to watching, and re-watching for nostalgia.

Either way, it'll be a-okay! Don't get too down about it ^^
    Thank you
    It just stinks, even if I feel like watching it, I loose interest and just end up sitting there doing nothing x'D

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

The most inspirational quote I know of about growing up...

That said, yeah I've lost a lot of interest in things due to getting a job, working hellatious hours, getting a new job, moving, traveling abroad for training, and so on... But eventually I'll get back into those things when everything is settled down. And if I don't then it wasn't meant for me.

Don't worry about losing your inner child, just keep looking for something cool and fun to bring it out. I know for me picking up Transformers again did wonders (just not for my wallet). New comics that kept me riveted to the storyline, awesome new toys that match the G1 characters or the comics well, and gaining new friends on FB that love Transformers too.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    The most inspirational quote I know of about growing up...

That said, yeah I've lost a lot of interest in things due to getting a job, working hellatious hours, getting a new job, moving, traveling abroad for training, and so on... But eventually I'll get back into those things when everything is settled down. And if I don't then it wasn't meant for me.

Don't worry about losing your inner child, just keep looking for something cool and fun to bring it out. I know for me picking up Transformers again did wonders (just not for my wallet). New comics that kept me riveted to the storyline, awesome new toys that match the G1 characters or the comics well, and gaining new friends on FB that love Transformers too.
    Ah, thank you, this made me feel so much better

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Eh you only lose sight of your inner child if you let yourself. Society has a way of pushing what they personally think you should like/act.

Though holocast is correct in that your interests can change. You just have to keep finding something that interests you and don't dwell on what no longer does anymore. I used to like MLP for a while but then got burned out. It happens. I've been in and out with anime over time which fluctuates depending on if any studio is making anything that interests me. I don't like every anime that comes by and sometimes nothing interests me at all.

It's probably less of an age thing and more of you just not finding anything exciting lately. Don't give up though

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Eh you only lose sight of your inner child if you let yourself. Society has a way of pushing what they personally think you should like/act.

Though holocast is correct in that your interests can change. You just have to keep finding something that interests you and don't dwell on what no longer does anymore. I used to like MLP for a while but then got burned out. It happens. I've been in and out with anime over time which fluctuates depending on if any studio is making anything that interests me. I don't like every anime that comes by and sometimes nothing interests me at all.

It's probably less of an age thing and more of you just not finding anything exciting lately. Don't give up though
    Thanks much

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

I went through this phase. I say phase - because, after awhile I recognized the fact that I didn't feel like myself anymore. At that point, I started to question who it was I believed myself to be. What was it that I had previously liked, what was it that I wanted back. I actually felt these things when I was 22?
    I had been incredibly depressed and was in an emotionally abusive relationship. I had lost a lot of confidence in myself and kind of fell away from myself and just tried to struggle staying "there" in the moment? I don't know really how to explain it. Anyway, I stopped painting on leisure, I stopped playing basketball, I stopped seeing friends, I stopped snowboarding. I went to school, I ate, I slept, I worked and basic "life" took over.

It wasn't until I stopped (like you are now) and realized I didn't want to lose these aspects of my life, my hobbies, my interests, no matter how childish they may have seemed, and at the time, teased by said *words I can't type here* guy, that I stopped and basically took inventory of who I was and wanted to be.

If you are not doing these things and feeling like its because you're growing up - you're only partially right. Our lives become so much busier and have so many more things stuffed into them that sometimes we let the seemingly "less important" parts slide. Its really silly, but you might find once you've recognized what parts you don't want to walk away from, to schedule them into your life. I don't like growing up because I feel tired all the time and I feel overwhelmed by my responsibilities. That being said, I wouldn't dare give up those pieces that shape me into who I am - including doing things childish.

Also, keep in mind, perhaps the animes and games and such you used to like may have also matured...when you were younger you may have liked things that weren't as challenging to understand or were perhaps more simple...where as now you have to search for anime that is a little more geared to an older audience?

I remember cosplaying with a friend last year at a convention, and an older lady scoffed at us in the Starbucks line. She rudely stated, this may be fun and games now, but what do we plan to do when we are older. My friend and I started giggling....we didn't want to get into anything with some random stranger...so instead I simply said "well, at least when I have kids I know they will have an awesome mother who will accept them no matter what and will probably take them to those conventions they dream of attending". She was with her son at the time and smiled.

My friend and I laughed though, mainly because my friend is a doctor and I'm getting fairly close to being a geologist - and I work in a professional job.
    Anyway....my point....It doesn't matter how old you become, the best people are the ones who want to have fun and don't think about the number behind their age. The ones that go out to live their life to the fullest. And if you don't feel fulfilled - not matter what age, than change it! Seriously, make a list XD I'm such a list person, or pinterest board or something of who you are and who you want to be. Set goals - even if they are things you wish you had done when you were a kid, or ones you want to incorporate into your personality. Any one who says they cannot change hasn't tried hard enough (at least in my opinion hehe)

Ps. I love that comic strip Deathblade lol

ALSO sorry for the lengthy post. I just feel for you :]
    Kind of sounds like your just down in the dumps though tbh, hope things get better ^^v

Also - sorry side note. One thing I recognize in myself and others - the older you get the smaller your world gets, in ways, you don't think you can do as much as you wanted to when you were younger...or capable....so your world gets smaller YET it also gets bigger, because you are able to see the things more clearly you wish you COULD have...I think a lot of people see this and have a lot of regrets and miss that carefree childish naivety they had towards the world and basically stop dreaming big. Don't do that, don't fall into that trap. Please...everyone XD
    Example: If you want to go on a trip to Japan - do it! you can, anyone can...you just have to plan. You work hard and you get there.
    The only thing that's changed is how your getting there type of thing XD
    Last edited by mimiruchan; 03-06-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've personally have never experienced this myself.

I am a full time manager, responsable, respectable adult. I also movitvate my employees by telling them to "go super sayan", and talk about pokemon like one would the weather. So its just natural for me I guess
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

13. Likes Sympathy, Jasanime, mimiruchan liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information