AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you still like your first anime?

Junior Member jackadam is on a distinguished road jackadam's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2018 04:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Do you still like your first anime?

My first anime was Sailor Moon and I never really got over it. There's a lot to say about whether it was good or not, but in the end nostalgia just does it. There's a lot of cringe, sure, and it's really not the smartest written show out there... and the jokes are kinda grozit... some antics become tiring and I could understand people not being in love with Usagi's personality but... ehhh
    more: chung cư mỹ đình plaza 2

more: eco dream
    I still like it. It's not great but I can live with it.
    Last edited by jackadam; 12-14-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Do you still like your first anime?

My very first anime, at least not counting what was on Nick Jr. when I was a kid, (there were several), was Pokemon. The last few years I would feel Nostalgic for it, but 20-30 eps in, I would be like, "....What am I doing with my life?" .... But then, on my birthday in October, I found the Indigo league on DVD really cheap, plus I had a discount, so I got it, and watched it slowly and... I was enjoying it more than I had in previous years. Once I got to the eps I hadn't seen since I was a kid, I started enjoying it on a whole new level! Then a month or so ago when I was still watching the indigo leauge, I found the orange islands on sale, so I bought that too. Now I'm up to 1/3rd of the way through the orange Islands, and I'm enjoying it more than I ever did, I think.

Back in the day I stopped in the middle of the Jhotto journeys (mainly because of not getting the WB and just watching them on a channel that played them before high school, only showing Jhotto on mondays, because it was so new, but then moving to a place that I got on the bus earlier and couldn't watch it) but at the rate I'm going, I wonder how many box sets I'll end up with. o.o

But for me, the anime that has never left me, was my "second" anime, Digimon Tamers. I cheat a little when I say second... what happend was, I got introduced to Digimon in the summer of 01, and I watched 15 eps or so before Tamers premiered. It was good getting background info, and understanding Digivolving and stuff like that, but Tamers is the one that stuck with me. The one I got up on Saturday mornings for, and made friends online, talking about it.

Of course I went back later and watched Adventure and 02 in full eventually, and watched all the seasons after, but Tamers really stuck with me, for how serious it was at times, yet how funny it was other times.

It's funny, too, because, before Digimon/Tamers, at that point in my life, I had never heard of a series that would make a new season with new characters, and outside of Digimon, I hate that concept, and just feel like they are trying to milk it. But with Digimon, because I STARTED with that, I keep giving it a chance.

Sorry for my rant. XD
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 12-13-2017 at 07:23 AM.

3. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

“Hey, Digimon, hey, Digimon. Monster friends to the boys and girls. Hey, Digimon, Hey, Digimon. Champions of the Digital World!!”

1999-Present.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

5. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Let's just say the first anime is like the first girl friend. You grow a bit and move on.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yu-gi-oh was my first anime and I do still like it, well the orginal yu-gi-oh i stopped watching after battle city.

8. Likes Sean56, Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Let's just say the first anime is like the first girl friend. You grow a bit and move on.
    Sorry, I’m still in love with my first anime. Digimon are the champions!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

10. Thanks Sean56 thanked for this post
    Likes Sean56, Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Ah, Serendipity... or Unico... I was really young. i remember Voltron pJs when I was a baby... hard to remember that far back, but yeah, i still love them all.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-30-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Back when I was a lot younger I watched Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and Dragon Ball Z. I didn't know what anime was at the time so I guess if I was to choose my first anime when I actually knew what anime was, then it was either Sword Art Online in 2012 or Full Metal Alchemist around the same time (though I never continued FMA).

Yeah I still like SAO tbh, even though we don't speak of the atrocities after Season 1, Episode 14. Netflix is doing a Live-Action version (that should be fun), and Season 3 is coming out later this year in 2018. Hopefully it makes up for the evils of the past.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Excluding things like YuGiOh and pokemkon, my first anime was Hellsing Ultimate. It was great and I still love seeing it pop on.

My mood on a daily basis

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    Yeah I still like SAO tbh, even though we don't speak of the atrocities after Season 1, Episode 14. Netflix is doing a Live-Action version (that should be fun), and Season 3 is coming out later this year in 2018. Hopefully it makes up for the evils of the past.
    I think I will skip the live action Netflix series, but I will look forward to season 3 of the anime. I actually liked all of season 1, but only the first half of season 2. That second story arc totally lacked the drama of the first arc of the second season.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Member Samet Chan is on a distinguished road Samet Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2019 06:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WindeningMoney Steam ID: SametChan

I was very younger back in 2003. I watched Yu-Gi-Oh! & Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Sonic X. From 4Kids. They have edited dumbs prevent gore, gun, hating, attack, hurt.
    I would re-watch from real anime again. Yet I've brought back to watch anime in 2008 to present right now it's To Love-Ru, Blood-c, etc. I won't stop watching anime. I'll be still anime fan forever.

Junior Member catZAripper is on a distinguished road catZAripper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2018 09:02 AM
    Threads

Yes I still do, it was Dragon Ball Z, love it.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Neon Genesis Evangelion was my first anime and Im currently dying to binge it on a nostalgia trip so Id say i still like it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information