AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Games that changes gaming history

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

Default Games that changes gaming history

Let start out with silent hill that is still my most favorite horror game that is the father of horror games in general. Through each franchise that changes was Doom the birth of fps games and final fantasy that will soon become the most popular like metal gear solid. I was happy about the old games that influence the new.

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

Default Re: Games that changes gaming history

Destiny is a game changer. Sold $500 million in the first 2 days, so just think of how much it will have made in a month or two, even around Christmas time. Other than that I'd say the whole Phantasy Star Online game series created by SEGA (Though I'd wish they'd release the English version of the new one because JP is getting boring xD).
    Last edited by Kirito; 09-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferrr View Post
    Destiny is a game changer. Sold $500 million in the first 2 days, so just think of how much it will have made in a month or two, even around Christmas time. Other than that I'd say the whole Phantasy Star Online game series created by SEGA (Though I'd wish they'd release the English version of the new one because JP is getting boring xD).
    Hahahaha, they SHIPPED 500 millions worth of games you delusional c*nt. Thats about 6 million copies distributed to game stores around the world. They have yet to make real profits.
    Last edited by Kumagawa; 09-16-2014 at 04:54 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Hahahaha, they SHIPPED 500 millions worth of games you delusional c*nt. Thats about 6 million copies distributed to game stores around the world. They have yet to make real profits.
    Isn't that what he said? $500 million? >.>

Destiny's probably a 'game changer' but it needs more content if it's going to hold its mark. Give it a year or two, I think..
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post

Destiny's probably a 'game changer' but it needs more content if it's going to hold its mark. Give it a year or two, I think..
    I don't know what his problem is, he basically just repeated what I said, plus there's no need for him to be a jerk about it -_-

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Um first off, you just repeated exactly what I said. Second, if you can't get it through your thick head go look up "Destiny First Day Sales". Every single article pretty much says "Sold $500 million on first day". And here's a tip, don't be a d*ck to people in the future ok?
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Well, not quite. The way he said it made it sound like individual people made purchases, totaling 500 million. What actually happened was that game stores all around the world, who likely have some sort of trade agreement with the developers, ordered 500 million dollars worth of game copies, totaling in about 8 million separate copies to be sold. This is not an achievement. This is normal. Literally every single game that gets created is sold and shipped to game retailers. Destiny's budget was 500 million, they made 500 million selling it off. They now broke even and have to wait for real people to actually buy Destiny for them to make profits and sales figures.
    As a comparison, the new iPhone6 made "only" 4 million on the first day.

I understand the other guy's confusion though. There were indeed articles on sites like Kotaku saying DESTINY MADE 500 MILLION ON THE FIRST DAY. This is not because those shipment figures where anything noteworthy, its because game sites are literally payed by game developers to hype up their product, and they seemed to be grasping at straws to find a positive thing to write about Destiny (cos its bad) so they pulled a misleading monetary figure out of their donkey.

To be honest, Destiny isn't quite a game changer at all. I've played it a while at my friend's house, and it just seems average. The bosses, I noticed, were just re-sized and re-skinned normal enemies, the PvP was literally Halo, and it also reminded me of Borderlands a lot (which isn't necessarily a bad thing of course, but still). There's more stuff but I won't delve into it.
    I can assure you though, that real gamechangers generally aren't hyped up, bloated shovelware games like CoD or Halo or whatever. It's modest gems like Half Life, Demons Souls, Deus Ex or MGS, that shake up the gaming world. The world of real gamers that is, the people who actually enjoy complex gameplay mechanics and experimental game design, and not hyped up copypasted bullsh*t with 20 hours worth of lame and repetitive content.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Um first off, you just repeated exactly what I said. Second, if you can't get it through your thick head go look up "Destiny First Day Sales". Every single article pretty much says "Sold $500 million on first day". And here's a tip, don't be a d*ck to people in the future ok?
    Please, read my other post. If you were offended then I apologize and I hope I didnt ruin your day.
    Last edited by Kumagawa; 09-16-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, not quite. The way he said it made it sound like individual people made purchases, totaling 500 million. What actually happened was that game stores all around the world, who likely have some sort of trade agreement with the developers, ordered 500 million dollars worth of game copies, totaling in about 8 million separate copies to be sold. This is not an achievement. This is normal. Literally every single game that gets created is sold and shipped to game retailers. Destiny's budget was 500 million, they made 500 million selling it off. They now broke even and have to wait for real people to actually buy Destiny for them to make profits and sales figures.
    As a comparison, the new iPhone6 made "only" 4 million on the first day.

I understand the other guy's confusion though. There were indeed articles on sites like Kotaku saying DESTINY MADE 500 MILLION ON THE FIRST DAY. This is not because those shipment figures where anything noteworthy, its because game sites are literally payed by game developers to hype up their product, and they seemed to be grasping at straws to find a positive thing to write about Destiny (cos its bad) so they pulled a misleading monetary figure out of their donkey.

To be honest, Destiny isn't quite a game changer at all. I've played it a while at my friend's house, and it just seems average. The bosses, I noticed, were just re-sized and re-skinned normal enemies, the PvP was literally Halo, and it also reminded me of Borderlands a lot (which isn't necessarily a bad thing of course, but still). There's more stuff but I won't delve into it.
    I can assure you though, that real gamechangers generally aren't hyped up, bloated shovelware games like CoD or Halo or whatever. It's modest gems like Half Life, Demons Souls, Deus Ex or MGS, that shake up the gaming world. The world of real gamers that is, the people who actually enjoy complex gameplay mechanics and experimental game design, and not hyped up copypasted bullsh*t with 20 hours worth of lame and repetitive content.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Please, read my other post. If you were offended then I apologize and I hope I didnt ruin your day.
    Hmm, well it's your opinion. Personally I think it is considering it's turning into the CoD/Halo killer. And it's definitely not a copy and paste of either of those. I don't remember Halo or CoD being an MMO? You could even say its a MMOFPS. Plus it goes third person in the tower which is cool. And yes it's similar to Borderlands but it has PvP and constant loot drops. Now also, let's not forget who made Halo? Yes you guessed it, Bungie! So technically speaking they would be copying themselves if you said they copied Halo, so therefore that's why the PvP resembles Halo. As in story wise? The story could have been better... Give the game some time for DLC and Updates and I'm sure it'll grow way bigger. As for the whole $500 million sales thing? I'm not just going to instantly believe someone who says it didn't over a forum. Maybe it did or maybe it didn't, all I know is I've seen multiple articles saying it did and only one so far that said it didn't so I'm going with the majority vote, plus Activision announced themselves that they did.

And finally the last part, yes indeed I was "offended" mainly because All I did was post my opinion and suddenly I'm called a "delusional c*nt"? I accept your apology and good day to you sir!

Senior Member Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2016 02:49 AM
    Threads

A truly game changer was Super Mario 64! Who agrees ?

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm not just going to instantly believe someone who says it didn't over a forum. Maybe it did or maybe it didn't, all I know is I've seen multiple articles saying it did and only one so far that said it didn't so I'm going with the majority vote, plus Activision announced themselves that they did.
    Well, I'll quote gamasutra (an actually reliable site) then.

"The company was keen to note that it's also "the highest-selling day one digital console release in history." Note that the company provided shipped figures, not actual sales figures."
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...on_day_one.php

That being said, the game will probably sell well anyhow, but the 500 million shipments isn't quite extraordinary.

Also there's a funny rumour about Activision sponsoring bonuses for gamespot employees who register a pre-order of Destiny. Don't quote me on it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galleya View Post
    Actually it really was. Along with Ocarina of time it was one of the first true 3D games, and it invented many clever things like how the camera controls worked.
    Last edited by Kumagawa; 09-16-2014 at 09:43 AM.

10. Likes Galleya liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, I'll quote gamasutra (an actually reliable site) then.

"The company was keen to note that it's also "the highest-selling day one digital console release in history." Note that the company provided shipped figures, not actual sales figures."
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...on_day_one.php

That being said, the game will probably sell well anyhow, but the 500 million shipments isn't quite extraordinary.

Also there's a funny rumour about Activision sponsoring bonuses for gamespot employees who register a pre-order of Destiny. Don't quote me on it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Actually it really was. Along with Ocarina of time it was one of the first true 3D games, and it invented many clever things like how the camera controls worked.
    Well I see your point, but every other site says "sold" not "shipped" but I honestly could care a less because I enjoy the game.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galleya View Post
    Yes it was!

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Pong

ET: changed it for the worse and almost killed the gaming industry

Super Mario Bros: brought gaming back to its feet

Street Fighter II: the biggest fighting game ever

Shenmue: Paved the way for open world play

Final Fantasy VII: made JRPGs mass appealing
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

The Blue Fighter The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 03:13 AM
    Im living in this world half dead half alive finding myself.....
    Threads

i think oblivion was a pretty big game changer back in the day. i mean years after its release its quality was still on par if not just all out better with countless other console rpgs.

Senior Member Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya has a reputation beyond repute Yung A$$eroya's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan Gurren Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2015 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think Destiny has shown how much hype a company can get by showing the same shitty trailer a couple times and releasing the biggest letdown of years

frell you Bungie
    Quote Originally Posted by horrendous
    I'm proud of you, son

Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

Destiny is not a game changer. each co-dev shoved aspects of their games into each other and made Destiny. the shooting mechanics are CoD, the story is Halo, or at least Halo-esque. Destiny is exactly the game anyone would think of if you said "Halo meets CoD".

that being said, despite the fact that i do not like Halo or CoD, in fact i'm pretty against their monopolization of the FPS world (neither game has been innovative for years yet they're still bought up by fanboys), i will say that i like Destiny. it is not the ultimate FPS, nor the ultimate MMO, but it combines them seamlessly enough that i can enjoy both aspects without either one seeming tacked-on.

i enjoy the game and i will buy the expansions. hey it beats the hell out of Diablo 3. talk about overhyped.

Senior Member Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya has a reputation beyond repute Galleya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2016 02:49 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by horrendous View Post
    Destiny is not a game changer. each co-dev shoved aspects of their games into each other and made Destiny. the shooting mechanics are CoD, the story is Halo, or at least Halo-esque. Destiny is exactly the game anyone would think of if you said "Halo meets CoD".

that being said, despite the fact that i do not like Halo or CoD, in fact i'm pretty against their monopolization of the FPS world (neither game has been innovative for years yet they're still bought up by fanboys), i will say that i like Destiny. it is not the ultimate FPS, nor the ultimate MMO, but it combines them seamlessly enough that i can enjoy both aspects without either one seeming tacked-on.

i enjoy the game and i will buy the expansions. hey it beats the hell out of Diablo 3. talk about overhyped.
    I wouldn't say it beats the hell out of Diablo 3. Destiny is a good shooter/mmo but kinda repetitive and 35 Euro for the expansion?!? oh lord. I'm not sure if I will buy it. Does anybody know how long "playtime" it will "give" us ?

Senior Member Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 03:56 PM
    Threads

Surprised nobody has mentioned Half Life yet. That game was such a huge leap when it came to story telling/immersion compared to other games at the time (alteast within it's genre). It was an overall fantastic game (in my opinion) that set a new standard for FPS games (and games in general) up until this day.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Konkulf View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Half Life yet. That game was such a huge leap when it came to story telling/immersion compared to other games at the time (alteast within it's genre). It was an overall fantastic game (in my opinion) that set a new standard for FPS games (and games in general) up until this day.
    Although the fact that you kept control during cutscenes was rather clever, half life 1 was still kind of boring gameplay wise, especially since it didnt have Half life 2's physics engine yet. In any case, half life was still good, but hardly a game changer. It didnt really start a significant change in the way fps games were made, and only a year later a game with superior story and immersion came out, namely System Shock 2.

If anything, Half Life 2 was more important to games as a whole, since it was the first game to be released on Steam and caused the entire PC gaming scene to change forever.

Senior Member Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf has a reputation beyond repute Konkulf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2016 03:56 PM
    Threads

Although the fact that you kept control during cutscenes was rather clever, half life 1 was still kind of boring gameplay wise, especially since it didnt have Half life 2's physics engine yet. In any case, half life was still good, but hardly a game changer. It didnt really start a significant change in the way fps games were made, and only a year later a game with superior story and immersion came out, namely System Shock 2.

If anything, Half Life 2 was more important to games as a whole, since it was the first game to be released on Steam and caused the entire PC gaming scene to change forever.
    Honestly, I preferred the story in HL a lot more than the one in SS2, even though the atmosphere was a lot better in SS2. They were pretty different games as well, and I'd definitely say that both of these games definitely revolutionized the gaming industry in their own ways.

SS2 had an intense and gripping atmosphere as well as some RPG-like elements thrown into the mix (which was quite new at the time), while HL had great storytelling and a twist on the protagonists end (not giving the protagonist a voice etc. Was also somewhat new, and made people feel more in-line with the character they were playing). It also kickstarted the modding community and eventually gave birth to games like CS, which changed the industry in it's own way.

Also, steam didn't release with HL2, it had been released something like a year before that and had stuff like CS1.6 available to download. However, HL2 was the first game that required you to have steam installed to actually play the game.

Senior Member kristaok is on a distinguished road kristaok's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2014 09:28 AM
    Threads

Harvest Moon, they really brought farming simulation to a whole new level, its about farming yet it's also a roleplaying game. Harvest Moon is definitely my favorite gaming franchise, another mention is the Sims. The Sims to me was the first and only people simulation game, I love everything about it. I'm an avid collector of both HM and TS.

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

space invaders.. cant hit the last one
    pac man..my turn!
    mario bros..changed everything
    sim city.. hours alone watching the grass grow
    sonic..faster
    street fighter..classic
    soul calibur 2.. choose your weapon
    tekken 2..empty hand
    final fantasy 7.. rpg antique
    final fantasy tactics.. i got cloud
    gta 3..shotgun
    halo..online!

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Tomb Raider changed the way for games like Assassins Creed which re-vamped that dynamic game play.

Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

There are many & its hard to cover even half of them, but what is worthy to mention is the Sony Playstation console! & I mean the 1st ever PS, it's revolutionary! I can remember that it is the reason arcades started losing business & it made most of the gamers transit from arcade to home gaming

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Mage View Post
    There are many & its hard to cover even half of them, but what is worthy to mention is the Sony Playstation console! & I mean the 1st ever PS, it's revolutionary! I can remember that it is the reason arcades started losing business & it made most of the gamers transit from arcade to home gaming
    If Sega had stayed a console company I think they could still have beasted the market shares. The only reason the PS2 came out was because Sega introduced us to the Dreamcast and Online Play.

25. Thanks Astral_Mage thanked for this post
    Senior Member Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage has a reputation beyond repute Astral_Mage's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Pizza Manekineko Headphones
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: zer0_rec0il

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    If Sega had stayed a console company I think they could still have beasted the market shares. The only reason the PS2 came out was because Sega introduced us to the Dreamcast and Online Play.
    Sony saw the potential in the console market & the need for refined gaming experience, might be true that if Sega might have dominated the market as you said, but Sony did the right move & placed its name on the top of the gaming console industry.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Mage View Post
    Sony saw the potential in the console market & the need for refined gaming experience, might be true that if Sega might have dominated the market as you said, but Sony did the right move & placed its name on the top of the gaming console industry.
    I am saying the Playstation was a great system at the time, but it was Sega that forced Sony to introduce the PS2 that changed the gaming world as we know it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information