AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: "Koi wa Chaos no Shimobe Nari"

Junior Member 6f25 is on a distinguished road 6f25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2016 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default "Koi wa Chaos no Shimobe Nari"

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/nyarukow/koichaos.htm

• SAN chi" is SANity points (from "Call of Cthulhu" RPG).
    • "Omochi yakishi" means "be jealous".
    • "kagome kagome" is a Japanese children's game.
    • "shiki" is style, so "uchuu shiki" means "galaxy style".
    • "Hana ichimon me" is a Japanese children's game.
    • "uchuu hej" -> "uchuu hen (宇宙編)"
    • "hen" means part or volume (but I guess "uchuu hen" means "galaxy variant").
    • "Abuku tachimashita" means "ready to play".

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Re: "Koi wa Chaos no Shimobe Nari"

I agree about some of this (especially the sanity level thing, which I see there's already an admin note about--@AzureDark , I assume that was you? Why didn't you just contact mewpudding about it if you thought she'd made a mistake?). But while I wouldn't rule out "omochi yakishi" as being a play on words, you've linked to a definition of やきもち, which isn't the same word, and the kanji literally says お餅焼きし, which does literally translate to "people who make mochi." And translating Japanese children's games into English-speaking equivalents is a translation choice/preference, not a mistake.

Anyway, I've fixed the typo, but the rest has to wait on @mewpudding101 's input.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Well... yea, thing is @mewpudding101 isn't someone approachable when it comes to asking her to review her t/ls...
    imho she isn't the right kind of person to t/l these... "things".
    You'd have to be a nutcase to t/l Aki Hata because she is one...

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDark View Post
    Well... yea, thing is @mewpudding101 isn't someone approachable when it comes to asking her to review her t/ls...
    imho she isn't the right kind of person to t/l these... "things".
    You'd have to be a nutcase to t/l Aki Hata because she is one...
    Well, I've been translating a bunch of Love Live songs lately, so no comment on the wisdom of trying to translate Hata Aki in the first place. I don't want to throw any stones from inside my glass house, you know?

But it's a shame to hear that mewpudding doesn't take criticism well. She's a good translator who seems like half the time she's in a big hurry and making sloppy mistakes, so I think she'd really benefit from being open to feedback. I mean, really I think everyone, no matter how talented or knowledgeable, can benefit from feedback, but I'm also an editor in real life, so I may be biased.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    bambooXZX will become famous soon enough bambooXZX's Avatar
    Gil
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2023 04:37 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

can confirm that translating Love Live is good immunization

6. Likes AzureDark liked this post
    Junior Member 6f25 is on a distinguished road 6f25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2016 08:17 AM
    Threads

I'm sorry I misunderstood the site policy. Please ignore me if they are choices of translation. I esteem the translator's choice.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Additional corrections:

(1) "Sane yo Kurau mono domo yo Ha-!" -> "Ine yo Kurau mono domo yo Ha-!"
    (去れ=sare, 去ね=ine)

(2) "Suppai mo amai mo no VARIE sa" -> "Sui mo amai mo ai no VARIE sa"
    (酸っぱい=suppai, 酸い=sui)

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

It's okay--I understand why people might feel that it was not a good translation, but we really can't make rules about how literal a translation must be. It's very difficult to know where to draw the line, and it would be hard to enforce. If it seems the translator has made a mistake because they did not understand what was meant (as is the case with the "sanity level" lines in this song), then I'm happy to fix it, but with the games, it seems clear to me that the translator does know what the Japanese games are, but was trying to find similar games that would be familiar to English-speaking audiences.

Thanks for the further corrections to the transliteration! I've fixed those now, as well.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

It's now been more than a month without a response from the translator, so I'll go ahead and make the corrections.

Closed Thread

Thread Information