AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musical Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Musical Anime

Know any musical anime? That is, anime about music or where music plays a central theme in the story? I’ve got a few.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. This is a coming of age story about Yukio, a teen with no purpose in life other than avoiding bullies. After a chance meeting with Ryusuke, a Japanese American now living in his ancestral homeland, Yukio finds a purpose in life – making music. Also, there is Ryusuke’s kid sister Maho, tough on the outside, but vulnerable inside. Yukio meets his challenges as a member of Beck, what Ryusuke forms to be the ultimate rock band.

Your Lie in April. We’ve been talking a lot about this one. Kousie, a former piano playing prodigy, has dropped out of the music scene because of his personal demons. He is brought back by a cute, blonde, free spirited violinist named Kaori. But prepare for the tears. Besides the two love triangles, there is a tragic secret leading to. . . . You watch to find out. Great animation for this one, especially the musical performances.

Forest of Piano. I’m in the middle of this one, so come back later when I post my impressions. Right now I will just say this is the story of Kai, a poor boy from the wrong side of the tracks, who finds a broken down piano in the nearby forest. Only he can play it. That and his ability to learn music just by listening to a piece once sets him on a journey to. . . . That’s all I can say. I am only half way through the series. It is reminiscent of Your Lie in April, but without the tragedy – so far. The animation of the characters’ fingers gliding on the piano keys is suburb, only other scenes not so much. As I said, more later.

Nana. Nana wants to be rock star, and to reignite a romance with the leader of a rival band. Meanwhile, she shares an apartment with another girl named Nana, a small town girl trying to make it in the big city -- while she isn't whining or having sex. The center of the story is how the relationship between the two Nanas changes as their friendship grows and then as they are drawn apart. The first Nana's rock 'n' roll dreams play a large part in the story.

Anyone have anything else?
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 10-21-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Re: Musical Anime

The only anime that comes to mind for me is Gravitation. It's two main story lines in one, one is Shuichi Shindo realizing he has feelings for another guy, and the other, is his band, Bad Luck, going from a no name band, to an overnight sensation when the former king of music in Japan, Ryuichi Sakuma joins them on stage. The anime is only 13 episodes long, and mainly focuses on a few songs, "The Rage Bead" and "Glaring Dream" (Which is the ending theme, but turns out in the last episode to be theirs.) With one off appearances by "Blind Game Again" and "Seven Days" and a few songs pop up by Ryuichi's old band, Nittle Grasper. "Sleepless Beauty" from them appears a few times. And on the last episode you can hear them play "Spicy Marmalade."

There was also an OVA, (But I haven't watched it as much) and between those two, there are several OSTs full of songs from both bands. And even though I haven't watched the show in a while, I do listen to the soundtrack every now and then.
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 10-22-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Nerima Daikon Brothers

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Nerima Daikon Brothers
    Is there a story with all this?

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Yup. it's a parody of the Blue's brothers. They raise Daikon to pay for their concert stage, but keep getting ripped off and having to get revenge. it's by the guys who did Excel Saga
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Yup. it's a parody of the Blue's brothers. They raise Daikon to pay for their concert stage, but keep getting ripped off and having to get revenge. it's by the guys who did Excel Saga
    Interesting. If you consider The Blues Brothers a parody, then this would be a parody of a parody?

But I really didn't care for Excel Saga, even though I like "dumb, but fun" anime.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2019 07:34 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Does Zombie Land Saga count? I love that show!

迷いだということまで私達は自分達を見つけり始まれない

ヘンリーデイヴィッドソロー

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't know. Are all episodes of Zombie Land line this?

And what's with the four screens.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365 is a splendid one to behold Lost247365's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Kill Bill Katana Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2019 07:34 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I don't know. Are all episodes of Zombie Land line this?
    The show is about a group of cute zombie girls trying to become a popular pop music idol group. In the first episode they did a gig as a metal group, and then had a rap themed 2nd episode. Episode 3 had them doing a guerilla/impromptu pop song in the middle of a park. Haven't seen the 4th episode yet.

And what's with the four screens.
    I think that is done as a way to keep youtube from finding it and taking down the clip on copyright grounds. Even with fairuse laws it is pretty hard to keep these type of clips up.
    迷いだということまで私達は自分達を見つけり始まれない

ヘンリーデイヴィッドソロー

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It sounds like a musical anime. It sounds somewhat entertaining as well.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have one more to add. I am half-way through Lost Song. There are two people in the kingdom whose songs have extraordinary magic power. One is a young lady of royalty engaged to the evil prince. The other is a peasant girl who dreams of singing in the capital Add one war, a handsome nobleman, a genius brother, one minstrel, and two teenage girls who dream of being drummers in the royal band, plus some blood here and there, and you have a story which gives you an excuse to put one or two songs into every episode.

I will do a write-up when I finish the series.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information