AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question on Suicide

Is back!!! Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Bento Photoshop
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2013 09:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Question on Suicide

Alright, so I've been watch 9/11 videos all die. I've seen people jumping to their deaths.

In my religion, jumping to your death is suicide and suicide is seen as you are going to hell. I'm catholic, by the way.

I am just wondering if the people who jumped to their death is considered to have committed suicide. It was either be burned to death, or jump to their death.

Discuss

Senior Member Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Question on Suicide

To be honest, there's no really easy way to answer that. I mean, technically it was suicide but so was doing nothing since it was very likely to have the same results. It's trying to apply a black-and-white principle to a situation that is anything but.

3. Likes Skilero liked this post
    Senior Member Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2011 09:33 PM
    Threads

I would consider it this way.

Was there a clear course of action that, if they took, they had a possibility to keep living? (You can put all kinds of limiters on this as to what it might have cost in terms of their other principles if you so choose.)

If no such option existed, it wasn't suicide - just choosing the way you go.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I wouldn't call it suicide, since those people didn't jump with the intention to kill themselves.

It was more or less a gamble: to stay in a burning building and be burned to crisp or to jump down with a 0.000001% chance of surviving.

Is back!!! Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I understand what you are all saying. I was just curious as to what others think. I'm not sure if I could have jumped, but I'm not sure I would have stayed to get burned to death either. To me, I would want to at least try a way to get out. I don't believe it was suicide either. I found out today, that there was one NYFD Firefighter that was killed by a person who jumped to their death. I think that is rather ironic.

Junior Member Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto has a reputation beyond repute Ceto's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Lightbulb
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2011 02:19 AM
    Threads

That firefighter would probably have died by anything or everything else that came crashing down.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    I wouldn't call it suicide, since those people didn't jump with the intention to kill themselves.

It was more or less a gamble: to stay in a burning building and be burned to crisp or to jump down with a 0.000001% chance of surviving.
    If you are jumping from 60+ floors up, you are doing so with the intent of committing suicide.

I think there's a sort of softening of the subject going on here. Taking one's own life, whatever the reason, constitutes suicide. It is not a "natural" form of death, and it is not at the hands of another - homicide, etc. - it is a conscious decision on one's part to end their own life by their own means. By the Catholic system, any death that is consciously chosen by an individual rather than the "natural" death set up for him by God is "suicide"; man has been given life and has the right to use it, but not to end it, as that falls into God's domain. Violation of this is considered an insult to God and disrespectful of his authority. So to answer your question, yes, according to the Catholic system, the 9/11 jumpers would be going to hell.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

9. Dislikes Nanobyte disliked this post
    Senior Member Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2011 09:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    If you are jumping from 60+ floors up, you are doing so with the intent of committing suicide.

I think there's a sort of softening of the subject going on here. Taking one's own life, whatever the reason, constitutes suicide. It is not a "natural" form of death, and it is not at the hands of another - homicide, etc. - it is a conscious decision on one's part to end their own life by their own means. By the Catholic system, any death that is consciously chosen by an individual rather than the "natural" death set up for him by God is "suicide"; man has been given life and has the right to use it, but not to end it, as that falls into God's domain. Violation of this is considered an insult to God and disrespectful of his authority. So to answer your question, yes, according to the Catholic system, the 9/11 jumpers would be going to hell.
    In other words: sit there and wait for the smoke to kill you, damnit, because that's what's supposed to happen to you.

How is this any different from jumping out of the way of the car that would have ended your life? Or going to the hospital and receiving treatment for that wound or sickness? If that's how you were 'meant' to die, have you not displaced God's plan by prolonging your life?

Better yet: Any action one takes displaces the 'status quo' of dying from inaction and lack of nutrition. Aren't we all damned for feeding ourselves?
    Last edited by Aranneas; 09-12-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    first off, you are jumping to avoid burning to death, not to commit suicide. technically, since you are jumping to avoid burning to death, you are jumping to have the small chance of staying alive.
    second, you do have a small chance of survival.

people have survived jumping out of planes and having the parachute not open.
    http://www.oddee.com/item_96967.aspx

60 floors up looks like a small jump compared to what some people have survived.
    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 09-12-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

Senior Member Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami has a reputation beyond repute Nekogami's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Glasses White Black Cat 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2020 09:40 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ceto View Post
    That firefighter would probably have died by anything or everything else that came crashing down.
    Of all things, a human being came and hit him instead of big stones.

On topic,
    There's a slight chance that you might survive if you fall down. Just like @Gauntlgrym said. Rather than just stay put and die for sure. Desperately want to save yourself, you jump off thinking there's a little chance.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you're faced with immediately burning to death, or prolonging your life with a few seconds by jumping to your death, which option is suicide?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

There was nothing they could do to prevent their death; end of story. It wasn't suicide, how I see it, because either way, their chances of survival were next to nil. Also, from what I remember, many people weren't intentionally jumping; some were hanging outside of the windows to try and escape the heat, and ended up falling or being thrown off by the explosions from within the offices. Even if they did intentionally jump, it was merely to avoid the fire that would have surely fried them to a crisp. They couldn't cheat death, no matter what they did, and they're supposed to be damned for that?

What?

Dying from a 60 story fall, or dying from a fire; both are plausible ways to die without suicide in mind. I'm quite sure I'd chance the fall, rather than burning alive; at least the impact would most likely result in a painless death. I doubt that many Catholics that were in the WTC on 9/11/2001 jumped from the windows while thinking "I shoulda stayed in that burning office; I'm going to hell for this". Quite the contrary, I would think that they would be praying to live through the fall.

Just my thoughts.

Member RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan has a reputation beyond repute RosarioMokaChan's Avatar
    Cheerful
    Gifts Portal Wheatley
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 12:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RosarioMokaChan

in my opinion, only the plane jackers committed suicide. Everyone else was murdered. Because if you think about it, the people in the towers who lost their lives did so by the hands of others, as if the planes didn't crash then those unfortunate souls would still be alive. All that some of them did was hurry up the painful process of death by taking the less painful way out. Granted that one or two people may already have been contemplating suicide and may have done so in time to come, however it was still not their choice to die thus it's not suicide. As far as where the souls would go in terms of heaven or hell for those who are religious, i would have to say heaven as they did not sin by ending their lives by their own free will.

That's my opinion

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

No, I'm sure they had some hope that they would live so they took the chance for it. I would've done the thing considering burning is more painful and longer than dying almost instantly.
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda has a reputation beyond repute Psyco_Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 172 - Pichu Flowers Fan2 175 - Togepi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2011 06:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think they went to hell. I'm sure god knew the circumstances and understands. I think they went to heaven as long as they have accepted him.
    Music is my life
    Its the only thing that makes sense
    Its the air I breathe
    The very escence of my life
    The one thing I can trust
    The one thing that won't betray me
    Or turn its back on me
    I say again
    MUSIC IS MY LIFE

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by RosarioMokaChan View Post
    All that some of them did was hurry up the painful process of death by taking the less painful way out.
    Which constitutes suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by gauntlgrym
    first off, you are jumping to avoid burning to death, not to commit suicide.
    In this case, the two are one-and-the-same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranneas
    In other words: sit there and wait for the smoke to kill you, damnit, because that's what's supposed to happen to you.
    Pretty much. Looking at it from a Catholic viewpoint, it comes down to burning alive or taking it into your own hands and jumping. I say that jumping is putting it into your own hands because Catholic doctrine holds that the taking of one's own life under any circumstances is an insult to God, and if we assume that a God exists and is as Catholic doctrine describes, out of the two options presented (burning or jumping), only the choice to stay in the tower and burn would be acceptible, with the second option being an affront to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Annareas
    How is this any different from jumping out of the way of the car that would have ended your life? Or going to the hospital and receiving treatment for that wound or sickness? If that's how you were 'meant' to die, have you not displaced God's plan by prolonging your life?

Better yet: Any action one takes displaces the 'status quo' of dying from inaction and lack of nutrition. Aren't we all damned for feeding ourselves?
    In the first case, it differs in that jumping out of the way of a car will save your life; in the 9/11 scenario, jumping is a near guarantee of death - albeit a death that is quick and relatively painless. The second scenario brings up another angle of man's right to life in the Catholic doctrine - for sake of ease, I'll quote this page on suicide and Catholicism, which seems like a decent enough source. "God has reserved to himself direct dominion over life; He is the owner of its substance and He has given man only the serviceable dominion, the right of use, with the charge of protecting and preserving the substance, that is, life itself." So by going to a hospital, you are protecting your life - which is all fine and good. Again, by jumping you are knowingly ending your life. No one will jump 60+ stories under the assumption that there is a significant chance of survival. In addition, a 9/11 jumper would be ending their life early, not prolonging it, by jumping rather than staying in the building to burn or until it collapsed.

I should note that I'm not a Catholic and I don't believe any of this - I'd have jumped given the circumstances.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Suicide is for the weakling.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Although I am Catholic and I was brought up the Catholic way, I don't think the jumpers were wrong in what they did. I know it goes against what Catholics say, but I'm not sure, even as a Catholic, I would have stayed to burn to death. But then again, I'm not sure I would have jumped. Although it has been proven, that from such heights, a person dies before impact because of the strain it puts on the heart. Though there are exceptions in every case.

I just hope God doesn't see Suicide in this circumstance completely by the Catholic book and does show mercy, which he is famous for, to the jumpers of 9/11.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Due to my current feeling of deep hostility towards all religions except Buddhism i can't give my honest opinion on this so i'll just agree with Eris cause he's smart.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -GAZKUL- View Post
    Due to my current feeling of deep hostility towards all religions except Buddhism i can't give my honest opinion on this so i'll just agree with Eris cause he's smart.

Senior Member invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Red Ribbon Kitsune Mask Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2011 02:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -GAZKUL- View Post
    Look, honey, being neutral in religion is totally fine; in fact, I consider myself neutral.

But really? You have no opinion on this because of your hatred towards all religions EXCEPT Buddhism? Wow, what a fail.

If you were to hate ANY religion, it would have to be Buddhism. Don't get me wrong, I love Buddhism; I studied it for a while, it held my interest.

BUT, as much as I like finding loopholes in religions and pointing them out to Rabbis or Pastors, Christianity is more solid than Buddhism.

Buddhism is more about faith than anything else. More or less educated guesses. And why not be able to give your opinion? So what if it's slanderous? The person who posted this WANTS your opinion, that's the EXACT reason she asked for it. If she didn't want it, she wouldn't have asked.

And furthermore, why comment at all if you weren't to offer an opinion?

And Eris may be smart, but don't throw your eggs all in one basket.

Now for my opinion on the matter:

You have to imagine how those people felt place in such a situation; all rationality is thrown out of the window. You're delusional, frightened, and most of all, you don't know what the hell is going on. I agree with Eris on that, although I wouldn't go so far as to say he/she (I don't know, I apologize in advance) is smart, for I haven't gotten to know her/him. (again, an apology is due)

Thank you, come again.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't really come with any opinions on the issue in this thread (only a question), so by blindly agreeing with me you're giving me a lot of power. My opinion on suicide could be something very silly, such that we should glue dozens of birds to our heads so that in case a fire starts and we need to jump out a window we'll have wings to slow our descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Carafax View Post
    Look, honey, being neutral in religion is totally fine; in fact, I consider myself neutral.

But really? You have no opinion on this because of your hatred towards all religions EXCEPT Buddhism? Wow, what a fail.

If you were to hate ANY religion, it would have to be Buddhism. Don't get me wrong, I love Buddhism; I studied it for a while, it held my interest.

BUT, as much as I like finding loopholes in religions and pointing them out to Rabbis or Pastors, Christianity is more solid than Buddhism.
    I don't really see an inconsistency. If you're an atheist or agnostic, Buddhism is likely the religion you're going to have the least amount of difficulty with, as it's technically not a religion (even if some practitioners believe in god(s), it's by no means necessary or part of the core beliefs).

If you're looking for loopholes in Buddhism, you're so missing the point. Buddhism doesn't force you to behave in any way at all. It basically boils down to a set of observations as to which lifestyles lead to suffering (and whether or not you choose to suffer is your own decision.) If you've spent time trying to find a loophole that allows you to live in a way that leads to suffering despite technically following the Buddhist teachings, then you're a moron.
    Last edited by Eris; 09-12-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kαitou View Post
    Suicide is for the weakling.

Nothing more, nothing less.
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge like that.

When you consider it, suicide is probably the most difficult and frustrating decision that any person could ever make; because unlike anything and everything else, there's no "undo" button on suicide.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge like that.

When you consider it, suicide is probably the most difficult and frustrating decision that any person could ever make; because unlike anything and everything else, there's no "undo" button on suicide.
    No, it's nothing more than the easy way out.

If you're stressed or are having life issues, try to counter them instead of being a coward and go on and commit suicide.

And no, there's no undo button in life at all, but what you can do is fix the damage, but it's still not an undo since the "memory" exist. An undo is as it never happened, but it did, you just fixed it.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 09-12-2011 at 05:22 PM.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Quote Originally Posted by Kαitou View Post
    No, it's nothing more than the easy way out.

If you're stressed or are having life issues, try to counter them instead of being a coward and go on and commit suicide.
    So are you saying that those who jumped to their death on 9/11 are cowards? I must be missing something. You never really expressed your opinion on the people whom this thread concerns. Are you saying they committed suicide or not? Are you calling them cowards or not?

28. Likes Ragenomics, invalidation liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information