AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?

I don't think the taxes levied on cigarettes are fair. If they do it there they should do it to alcohol. It destroys your liver. So what's the difference. Besides the fact it can cause people to do really stupid things. Pretty sure I've never heard of a smoker stripping naked and making an omelet in some stranger's house. This isn't the way to go about it. What they should do to reduce the risks of cancer is regulate the companies so they can't put all the chemicals in it that make it addicting in the first place. It's not just the nicotine that causes the addiction. Arsenic, Benzene, Cadmium, etc. also contribute to the chance of getting cancer. So regulating these chemicals out would do wonders. But, thanks to lobbying that wont ever happen. Gotta love de-regulation.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    I don't think the taxes levied on cigarettes are fair. If they do it there they should do it to alcohol. It destroys your liver. So what's the difference. Besides the fact it can cause people to do really stupid things. Pretty sure I've never heard of a smoker stripping naked and making an omelet in some stranger's house. This isn't the way to go about it. What they should do to reduce the risks of cancer is regulate the companies so they can't put all the chemicals in it that make it addicting in the first place. It's not just the nicotine that causes the addiction. Arsenic, Benzene, Cadmium, etc. also contribute to the chance of getting cancer. So regulating these chemicals out would do wonders. But, thanks to lobbying that wont ever happen. Gotta love de-regulation.

Don't know about your country, but there are taxes levied on Alcohol in America.... they're called Vice taxes... or more commonly, sin taxes.
    Last edited by Nephthys; 09-28-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Re: cigirits*sould they be not for sail?*

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    1.Depending on cigarettes in order to tolerate the behavior of others just makes you seem mentally weak. You're basically a slave to cigarettes and you try to defend such a deadly habit while plenty of nonsmokers manage to simply disregard their agitations without any help from nicotine or tobacco.

2.Besides, there are more efficient ways to solve discrepancies than resorting to violence if you become frustrated with a person. Not to mention, you run the risk of them pressing charges for assault which will end up being an even bigger headache and is ultimately not worth the trouble. All that cigarette money you're so eager to waste would instead go towards paying the lawyer you'll need in court.

3.Cigarettes are evil little things. It's so easy to justify your addiction because, well, it's an addiction. As an ex-smoker, myself, I now realize just how stupid people look when puffing on their cancer sticks. I smoked for three years despite the fact smoking cigarettes led to my grandfather's death and seeing how hard it was for my dad to quit smoking.

4.They are soooo completely unnecessary! I could care less if cigarettes are banned because it won't really effect me either way. I do my best to avoid those in the act of smoking and if they want to subject themselves to cancer, by all means, but I refuse to be apart of it.
    1. whatever you say boss. that post was a joke (i figured someone like you would realize that). I don't feel the need to smoke when i'm angry. I can't enjoy the cig when i'm angry. I just end up throwing half of it away. Always has been that way, always will. When i'm angry i usually A. go for a drive, or B. work out

2. DGAF. I have more than enough money to by all the cigs i could possibly need.

3. DGAF. You want my real reason for smoking? I simply enjoy it. Started when i was 16, and i enjoy it as much now as i did then.

4. I'll make sure to spark up one up any time you come near me. I think that'd be funny.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

4. Likes KyouFalls liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthys View Post
    Don't know about your country, but there are taxes levied on Alcohol in America.... they're called Vice taxes... or more commonly, sin taxes.
    Yeah, I get that but they're not nearly as outrageous as the one's on cigarettes. Don't know about where you live but in Wisconsin it's over two dollars in taxes for a six dollar pack of cigarettes. On beer it's based on volume. Here it's two dollars per 31 gallon barrel. I think cigarettes wins that fight.

6. Likes Annie Hall liked this post
    ♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleohano View Post
    (i figured someone like you would realize that)
    What do you mean by that exactly?

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

What do you mean by that exactly?
    1. you're not a noob
    2. you've known me for quite some time and i have posted many times in the past what i do when i get angry/frustrated, and you know how much i like to joke around. I believe i outlined what i do on my thread "Wheres your happy place?" when i need to blow off some steam (Go for a long drive)
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-28-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Hall View Post
    Haha, I wasn't saying that YOU personally do any of that. I was using the pronoun you indirectly, apparently context clues are not your strong suit, but maybe I was too vague. I do however think that YOU have a really uppity attitude about the whole thing. If I'm walking to work or just walking about at my leisure, I'm going to smoke. It isn't my fault that you happen to be on the same street as me and it certainly doesn't make me a "prick". The tendency people have to think that smokers are purposefully trying to piss them off is incredible. Why is it your business what I do with my body? I mean "second-hand smoke" I get it, you're scared, but the brevity of the time that I will be near you smoking, will not hurt you. So what, is it the smell? Do you also get angry when hobos walk past you? I mean how dare they, right?
    I'm not being uppity, I'm being reasonable. I'm not saying you're trying to piss us off, I'm not saying you're being a prick. So long as you're not walking down a busy street (read as "in the middle of a crowd where avoiding your smoke is pretty difficult"), or by an open door/window of someone's house, then there's not much of a problem. Granted smoking areas are there for a reason, and that's certainly where the least issues arise, but it's not like I'm going to throw a hissy fit if I catch a quick whiff of the stuff. It's when I'm exposed to it for an unnecessary amount of time, or when I'm in a confined space with it.

In my case, second hand smoke isn't what I'm worried about. Been around it for my whole life so I don't really care. It's about being uncomfortable and inconvenienced by something that can easily be avoided. Whether the one smoking is intentionally making someone uncomfortable or not, it's still rude, and that is why people bring it up. Gonna sit on my front porch and smoke while the windows are open? I'm gonna complain. Wanna light up in my car? I'm gonna complain. If someone decides to ask "mind if I have a cig?" while they sit next to me at school, I generally say something along the lines of "I'd prefer it if you didn't," and they usually respect my space and move a bit farther away.

Bottom line: if you're polite about when and where you smoke, people should treat you with the same respect. If they don't, then too bad for them. Ignore it. If you don't think twice about how many people are around you when you light up, then don't call them "uppity" or "nosey" when they end up complaining.

10. Likes .:neuko:., Princess Cupcake liked this post
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    "mind if I have a cig?" while they sit next to me at school, I generally say something along the lines of "I'd prefer it if you didn't,"

question, me having a cig that happens to make someone uncomfortable (the majority of people really don't give a damn) is rude in your opinion. Is it not just as rude for that person to start annoying me about it? Why should i move away, when that person could also just move away. no matter how you look at it, there is technically less work involved in you simply walking away from me, than there is in you asking me to move away, us having a bit of a stare down, me then clubbing a baby seal in antarctica to death with a rusty spoon that obtained in Guatemala while doing mercenary work for the the South African government in order to promote piece and prosperity for that region, and then moving away from you.
    Hmmm... Been a while

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

1. you're not a noob
    2. you've known me for quite some time and i have posted many times in the past what i do when i get angry/frustrated, and you know how much i like to joke around. I believe i outlined what i do on my thread "Wheres your happy place?" when i need to blow off some steam (Go for a long drive)
    I can honestly say that I haven't paid that much attention to you... but anyhow, I guess your little joke just didn't strike me as being very funny. I mean, something that needlessly kills many people is no laughing matter. Especially when it's the people you care about. Have you ever lost someone you care about because of a disease caused by cigarettes? Don't you worry about the damage it can do to your own health? Although you may enjoy smoking, you won't enjoy the potential cancer it will give you if you keep it up.

Even if you weren't serious before, your #4 reply doesn't help your case against my accusation. You have a warped sense of humor, Kaleohano. It's probably safe to say that we will never be in each others presence. Nevertheless, it was very spiteful of you to suggest such a thing... my feelings are hurt!

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Let's go ahead and ban everything that's bad for us...Or not.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

1.I can honestly say that I haven't paid that much attention to you...

2. Have you ever lost someone you care about because of a disease caused by cigarettes?

3. Don't you worry about the damage it can do to your own health?

4. Although you may enjoy smoking, you won't enjoy the potential cancer it will give you if you keep it up.

5. my feelings are hurt!

1. I call lies :P

2. Yes, but not within my own family

3. Nope, 100% DGAF. Statistically, i'm a lot more likely to die in a car accident or get irradiated. and with there not being a single case of cancer in my whole family (almost entirely made of smokers) doesn't exactly help your case since it is proven that cancer is somewhat of a hereditary disease.

4. DGAF. there are far worse ways to die that are much more likely.

5. I shall grant you one comforting hug that'll last as long as you want it to before i spark up the first cig when we meet
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while

15. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    &#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

How did I see that coming? :lmao

question, me having a cig that happens to make someone uncomfortable (the majority of people really don't give a damn) is rude in your opinion. Is it not just as rude for that person to start annoying me about it? Why should i move away, when that person could also just move away. no matter how you look at it, there is technically less work involved in you simply walking away from me, than there is in you asking me to move away, us having a bit of a stare down, me then clubbing a baby seal in antarctica to death with a rusty spoon that obtained in Guatemala while doing mercenary work for the the South African government in order to promote piece and prosperity for that region, and then moving away from you.
    Someone has to tell people when they're being inconsiderate. Sure, walking away is sometimes the better option, but take the two scenarios I listed in my previous post. You can't really "walk away" while you're going with the flow on a busy street without ramming through other people, and you can't really "walk away" while you're in a car. That and there are people who just aren't that submissive.

Let's say you're taking one of those long drives that you say help you calm down and let off steam. You decide to pull over and relax for a bit. Then someone pulls up next to you, and starts blaring mariachi music or something. Chances are you're gonna want to pound their windshield in with a sledgehammer (or a rusty spoon, if you prefer). But we'll keep things relatively simple for debate's sake. I doubt you'll just start the engine and drive away to look for a quieter spot. You'll get out of your car, approach them, and then complain that it's rude for someone to just come up and do something when you were already there enjoying the peace and quiet. Will you care who that person is or what their social status is? Probably not. They intruded on your peace and comfort, and you believe that you have the right to speak up, which you do.

The same applies with being in a situation with a smoker who decides to light up around someone who obviously won't appreciate it. If I am given the opportunity to walk away, I probably will. But like I explained, if it's difficult or inconveniencing to do so, then I'll most likely ask them to save the cigarette for later when I'm not around.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

No thanks, Mr Nanny State.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    How did I see that coming? :lmao
    I see it as a very useful meme for the future

[
    Someone has to tell people when they're being inconsiderate. Sure, walking away is sometimes the better option, but take the two scenarios I listed in my previous post. You can't really "walk away" while you're going with the flow on a busy street without ramming through other people, and you can't really "walk away" while you're in a car. That and there are people who just aren't that submissive.
    The first thing i do when getting into another persons car is ask if its cool if i smoke. If they say "no," then the subject dies there. I do have respect for other peoples property. heir bodies not so much, but i do respect the things they own.

People walking on the street, f'k 'em. they shouldn't be on my street.

As far as someone who's not very submissive, Sounds like fun

Let's say you're taking one of those long drives that you say help you calm down and let off steam. You decide to pull over and relax for a bit. Then someone pulls up next to you, and starts blaring mariachi music or something. Chances are you're gonna want to pound their windshield in with a sledgehammer (or a rusty spoon, if you prefer). But we'll keep things relatively simple for debate's sake. I doubt you'll just start the engine and drive away to look for a quieter spot. You'll get out of your car, approach them, and then complain that it's rude for someone to just come up and do something when you were already there enjoying the peace and quiet. Will you care who that person is or what their social status is? Probably not. They intruded on your peace and comfort, and you believe that you have the right to speak up, which you do.
    here's the back seat of my car

if someone rolls up blaring their music, i'll simply out-class them and continue with my break.

The same applies with being in a situation with a smoker who decides to light up around someone who obviously won't appreciate it. If I am given the opportunity to walk away, I probably will. But like I explained, if it's difficult or inconveniencing to do so, then I'll most likely ask them to save the cigarette for later when I'm not around.
    everything you're saying goes two ways. Asking the smoker to wait or move away could be just as inconvenient for him/her as it is for you.

How about we do this, (I will try to recreate this as accurately as i can)
    You ask me to move away
    "Oh please hear me out Kaleohano, all mighty overlord of boobs and badassery, protector of the realm, and vanquisher of the perverted pedophile MegaAnimeFan! Willst' thou please walk away in thy glorious strut whilst thou smoketh thy stoogler of infinite power? Or maybe even postpone thy joy until I, your humble servant RyuTama, have finished my business?"

after a long moment of silence and staring at you with unblinking eyes and a stoic expression, i answer.
    "No."

what do you do now?
    Hmmm... Been a while

Member ParaParaJMo2 is on a distinguished road ParaParaJMo2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2012 06:29 PM
    Threads

yeah, tabbacco.

tumor causing teeth staining smelly puking habit

it would not make the problems go away. they tried banning alcohol almost 100 years ago and look where that ended up.

then again, countless people in japan smoke way more than in america and yet it has one of the longest lifespans in the world

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

It'd be a huge hassle to just 'ban' cigarettes and I don't see it happening any time soon.

I also don't see many good reason why people smoke [oldman] in this day and age [/oldman]- if you live in a modern country there is really no excuse. It's painfully obvious how horrible it is for you.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

21. Likes Princess Cupcake liked this post
    Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Cigarettes and alcohol "should" be banned, but I think imposing higher taxes and restricting health care insurance benefits of those who knowingly damage their body with such substances will be a better approach.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    restricting health care insurance benefits of those who knowingly damage their body with such substances will be a better approach.
    if there was free healthcare in this country, even i would agree with you because there are other, much more damaging things that people do that would then essentially be able to abuse the system with. But the whole point of paying for your own healthcare is so that precisely doesn't happen. The cost of the consequences of various kinds substance abuse is not the most common deterrent, but it is one of them.

As far as taxing even more, no. I already pay $2 tax on a $6 pack of smokes. Thats harsh enough. Smokers have already given up a lot to please the non smokers. Ya'll need to stop being so greedy and shut up already.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheThunderBringer View Post
    if you live in a modern country there is really no excuse. It's painfully obvious how horrible it is for you.
    you worry too much. why in the hell would you, i or anyone else want to live to grow old till they die?

the last 10 years of someones life are far worse than the last couple years of someone with cancer. Alzheimer's, Wheelchair, pissing yourself, having a nurse wipe your a$$ every time you crap, teeth falling out, nasty looking, in an old person home, smelling bad, barely remembering what it was like to be young, ED, a plethora of health problems, incoherent speech, being treated like a child, not having the strength to do anything by yourself, eating only soft foods, inability to drive, everyone only pretending to want to be around you because in reality you're annoying and they can't stand you, and i'm sure theres a lot more i could list. If you want those years, take them. I don't. I have no desire what-so-ever to reach that kind of age.

Sh!t, if you have Cancer in AZ or Cali, you can at lead get a weed card and spend the rest of your days just totally baked!

Idk about you, but stoned seems a lot more enjoyable way to spend the last years of my like than in an old people home.

@Dr.LeDoom! tell me,
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 09-30-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while

24. Likes DOOM! liked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

All that, and may add:
    Substance use/abuse does not have a 100% chance of ending up with... what does it say on all my tobaccos all the time?
    "DEADLY LUNG CANCER" "AGING OF THE SKIN" "DECREASED SPERM QUALITY" "IMPOTENCE" "INFERTILITY" "THROAT CANCER" "LIVER FAILURE" "CARDIAC ATTACKS" "EVERY POSSIBLIE RARE DISEASE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!11111"
    We all know these vary from body to body, usage of the substance, lifestyle, psychological predisposition etc. and we've seen more non-smokers than smokers get all of the above mentioned conditions; that makes you question the basis for throwing such claims towards smokers. I've noticed the incompetence of West-European doctors too:
    1. You wake up with a strange pain, or realize you're wearing your face upside-down
    2. You go to a doctor; he runs a few trials, but still has no idea what to diagnose
    3. He asks "Do you drink, smoke?"
    4. If you answer "Yes", he'll go "Oh well that MUST be a major cause of the problem"
    5. He'll then hypothesize a proximate diagnosis and prescribe you with some medication that more harmful than the stuff you smoke; it's produced by a private pharmaceutical company that suggests it's products to inexpert doctors so they can have a share.
    6. You take the pills and later find out you have other health problems
    7. ????
    8. PROFIT!

I'd like my tobacco wrapped in a clean, blank sheet that has no brand and no more "WARNING: YOU WILL SURELY DIE", "SMOKERS SUCK", "PEOPLE HATE YOU" highlighted texts and gory images at the bottom; it's placed there specifically to unnerve respectable people like you and I into a state of hypochondria-induced illness.

As for you smoker-hating pussies, shut up, vote for your Obama, pray to your God, leave us smokers alone and go die of lung cancer when you're 80 in a ditch!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

26. Thanks Kaleohano thanked for this post
    Dislikes Princess Cupcake disliked this post
    Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

M'kay. So, I really think that smoking should not be banned. Here's why:

The tobacco industry may be one of the few things keeping the world economy afloat, much like the alcohol industry. I am a smoker and in the morning after waking from my slumber, I enjoy a few with my coffee. Without cigarettes, I am a bastard. Sure, it was my choice to start, but why is it someone else's choice to tell me to stop? It's unconstitutional (at least for AF members in 'Murrica!). I WILL continue to smoke my cancer sticks. I WILL NOT allow some over-the-top anti-smoker tell me I should quit. In fact, while typing this, I left for the store and bought myself a pack of my favorite cigarettes. Point is, smoking being banned, as stated before me, is just like the American prohibition of alcohol in the '20s and '30s. @Eris is right in saying that it is much harder to make your own cigarettes. Leave smokers alone if you do not smoke. If you're the type of person that tells random strangers on the street that they should quit, just know that I hate you.

28. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'd like to point out it's not that easy to make your own beer either. Look at the number of deaths that arose from people trying during prohibition.

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

I'm so sloooow

you worry too much. why in the hell would you, i or anyone else want to live to grow old till they die?

the last 10 years of someones life are far worse than the last couple years of someone with cancer. Alzheimer's, Wheelchair, pissing yourself, having a nurse wipe your a$$ every time you crap, teeth falling out, nasty looking, in an old person home, smelling bad, barely remembering what it was like to be young, ED, a plethora of health problems, incoherent speech, being treated like a child, not having the strength to do anything by yourself, eating only soft foods, inability to drive, everyone only pretending to want to be around you because in reality you're annoying and they can't stand you, and i'm sure theres a lot more i could list. If you want those years, take them. I don't. I have no desire what-so-ever to reach that kind of age.
    Haha, wow. Implying you live a perfectly carefree life as a longtime smoker until one day you just peacefully, painlessly pass away in your sleep.
    Keep telling yourself that.

My great grandma lived to be exactly 100 years old and lived by herself for the last 30 years of her life- stay healthy and I hope you can do the same.

But the shining star of this post is how you highlight the HEALTH PROBLEMS you develop as you age without smoking. I think that speaks for itself.

PS: Have fun wasting hundreds of dollars a week on your addiction.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

I think... rather than a ban, a law-enforced convention of courtesy would be better (You can laugh, btw, but if you can come up with something better, I'll be happy to hear it! =P). As a non-smoker, I have a simple principle that I discreetly apply when in the presence of those who smoke. For instance, if I were to sit on a park bench before someone else in a public space, and then some person were to sit right beside me, start smoking, and then it gets to the point where I'm passive smoking, then I think I'd be in my damned rights to complain. However, if some person were to sit on a park bench in a public space before me, start smoking, and then I were to come along and sit right beside the person (Let's say there are no other available benches around for sake of argument), then I would have absolutely no right to complain about inhailing the smoke. Imo, these potential situations are not hard to work out; they are simply resolved through what I like to call, basic common courtesy.

However, the problem with common courtesy in the context of (for want of a better phrase) non-smoker vs. smoker is that it often ill-intergrates well with the law (if at all, I wonder...), because technically, public space belongs to everyone, and while in the case of the former of the above 2 scenarios, it is inconsiderate for a person to (knowingly) smoke beside a non-smoker, it is still nonetheless legal. As far as the law is concerned, neither non-smokers nor smokers are in the wrong, so the unfortunate fact of the matter is: the person who smokes will always have a legitamate advantage over the non-smoker in a given public space where there are no restrictions to smoking. What should be learned here is that "legal" should be not confused for "right"; or rather, be used as an excuse for disgarding consideration.

The basic problem with bans is that they descriminate a group of like-people, in this case, smokers. And, as much as I'd be personally happy if I never saw a puff of cigarette smoke again, I wouldn't want to support something that serves only divide and pigeon-hole people. I have several friends who smoke for one thing. Yes, I do believe that health is important; but it's a means, not an end, and quality of life is about more than health; it's about having the freedom to socialise with others. A ban on cigarettes would negatively affect the latter in this repsect, so in effect, what would be gained in terms of health would be lost in terms of freedom.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, law enforced civility would never work. You'd need a cop everywhere. That isn't happening. Especially with police forces be cut.

Senior Member ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy has much to be proud of ms.Purdy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2013 03:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

YES IT SHOULD!!!!!.............i know to many people who smoke whenever they smoke near me i feel like every breathe i take there going to die in one second in front of me......
    like i say don't smoke near the truth truck.........................it hurts me
    i always feel iike somebodys watching me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information