AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4Kids TV... how much do you hate them?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default 4Kids TV... how much do you hate them?

What would you like to do to the people who edit shows for 4Kids TV?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Default Re: 4Kids TV... how much do you hate them?

While they've done their fair share of ruining other shows, One Piece is something I simply can't forgive them for. They made it look like a little kids' show and I'm convinced they're the reason no one takes it seriously in America.

Spoilers for Nami backstory arc:

In the original version, Nami's mom is killed by some classic antagonist character, and, after exacting revenge, Luffy and the gang sail off.

In the 4KIDS version, Nami's mom is imprisoned by said antagonist, but, after the crew defeats him, they sail off- seemingly abandoning Nami's mom in prison for eternity.

There are so many things that they did to that show that make me rage hard that I don't even wanna get started. Water to win, cigarette to lolipop (or simply nothing at all), great voice with "oh my god what am I watching" voice, guns with pop-guns (or, I kid you not, hammers on springs), etc.
    Just.....man. SO much wasted potential. The guy who bought the licence is grossly irresponsible.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

I think they did there job, it's eddited for KIDS. What's the problem?
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post
    But One Piece isn't meant specifically for kids. It's an all-age-groups sort of show. They changed story arcs, removed some completely, or put them in different places in the story. They censored and cut 147 episodes down to 104 episodes before FUNimation took over. But by that it was too late to salvage One Piece's image in the US, and FUNi has had a hard time trying to get the anime to take off.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    But One Piece isn't meant specifically for kids. It's an all-age-groups sort of show. They changed story arcs, removed some completely, or put them in different places in the story. They censored and cut 147 episodes down to 104 episodes before FUNimation took over. But by that it was too late to salvage One Piece's image in the US, and FUNi has had a hard time trying to get the anime to take off.
    Ah ok, so it's more about them giving bad rep to animes in the US? I can understand that bit.
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Hmm.. well...

Pokémon censorships:

For the majority of the first few seasons they dub onigiri (or rice balls) as "jelly filled donuts".

Later on, seems to ditch onigiri completely and replaces it with random western food. Like subway sandwiches.

Considered Jynx an offensive stereotype because of her black skin and big lips, and kept her appearances in the dub very limited, even going so far as to ban a complete episode in which she was a main character. Finally even got the Nintendo games to permanently make her sprite purple. This change also occurred in the anime after a while.

Oh wait my bad.

Comparison.

There are plenty more, such as banning an episode with guns and replacing the word "bomb" with "blaster balls". I could go on for a while.

One Piece censorships:

Again, issues with black stereotypes; they lightened a character's skin tone so that it wouldn't "offend" American viewers.

Replaced Sanji's cigarette with a lolipop (so badass).

Replaced guns with toy hammers or cork guns.

And then just for lols,

For some reason decides to change all "Marine" labels to "Navy" instead.

I haven't watched the 4kids dub, so I'm pretty sure there are plenty more out there.

Yu-Gi-Oh! censorships:

Covered up Yami Yugi's bare chest in an episode.

Again, guns are a no-no! Let's just point our fingers accusingly! That'll show em!

Again I haven't watched anything past the first few seasons, so I'm sure there are more. That and the original Duelist manga is much, MUCH better. So, yeah.

Not to mention the edits on DBZ Kai, Shaman King, etc. The list goes on for a ridiculously long time. Zero guns, zero blood, zero black people. Purty much. Oh and zero Japanese influence, from where the shows were originally made.

...I think my opinion on 4kids is pretty clear at this point. That will be all.

7. Likes tsubasa521, FatalEnd21, Tenshimaka liked this post
    Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Is 4kids still in business or have they stopped ruining animes?

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Is 4kids still in business or have they stopped ruining animes?
    They're still going though their profits aren't what they used to be and have lost licensing rights to some animes. They'd even had a de-listing warning by NYSE due to low capitalization. Needless to say, unless things have greatly changed in the last few years for them they're just hanging on.

Member Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician is a splendid one to behold Magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Trollface
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2012 04:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    Hmm.. well...

Pokémon censorships:

For the majority of the first few seasons they dub onigiri (or rice balls) as "jelly filled donuts".

Later on, seems to ditch onigiri completely and replaces it with random western food. Like subway sandwiches.

Considered Jynx an offensive stereotype because of her black skin and big lips, and kept her appearances in the dub very limited, even going so far as to ban a complete episode in which she was a main character. Finally even got the Nintendo games to permanently make her sprite purple. This change also occurred in the anime after a while.

Oh wait my bad.

Comparison.

There are plenty more, such as banning an episode with guns and replacing the word "bomb" with "blaster balls". I could go on for a while.

One Piece censorships:

Again, issues with black stereotypes; they lightened a character's skin tone so that it wouldn't "offend" American viewers.

And then just for lols,

I haven't watched the 4kids dub, so I'm pretty sure there are plenty more out there.

Yu-Gi-Oh! censorships:

Again, guns are a no-no! Let's just point our fingers accusingly! That'll show em!

Again I haven't watched anything past the first few seasons, so I'm sure there are more. That and the original Duelist manga is much, MUCH better. So, yeah.

Not to mention the edits on DBZ Kai, Shaman King, etc. The list goes on for a ridiculously long time. Zero guns, zero blood, zero black people. Purty much. Oh and zero Japanese influence, from where the shows were originally made.

In regards to One Piece censorships, from my memory of watching the show as a child they also removed several instances of tattoos and they also had that Marine General or whatever rank he was have smoke coming out of his mouth rather than from the cigar he smokes.

I've only seen the 4Kids version, this was back before I knew anime was even a thing.
    How do I stop sucking at Touhou?!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yikes... i'd forgotten some of that.

hands up if you know how Ash caught a herd of tauros.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf has a brilliant future KeirebuTheWiseWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2012 09:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Doomguy777 Steam ID: Doomguy777

I blame 4Kids for most of the anime's shown on american TV. I mean, you've all seen the 4Kids dub of One Piece, right? They took out the blood, swearing, and they replace guns with water guns and machines with a giant boot on the end. It's pathetic...

13. Likes Eyrothath liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Indeed it is. No wonder so many people don't like anime these days.

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Quote Originally Posted by KeirebuTheWiseWolf View Post
    I blame 4Kids for most of the anime's shown on american TV. I mean, you've all seen the 4Kids dub of One Piece, right? They took out the blood, swearing, and they replace guns with water guns and machines with a giant boot on the end. It's pathetic...
    Don't forget the fact they replaced sanji's sigarete with a lolli pop and smokers cigars where just completely deleted lol.

But do they really shoot with water guns ? O.o
    Last edited by Mystelinth; 09-04-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think this sums it up "Dragonball Z Kai: Episode List"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Z_Kai_episodes

Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-04-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Banned Forum / Chat MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan's Avatar
    Gil
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 06:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Onepiece and a lot of other animes are NOT meant as "kiddy cartoons". They are way too violent for young children to watch. As such, I understand why these anime are edited on 4kids TV. 4kids TV is meant for kids, and that's it. If you are a "die hard anime fan", you will watch anime somewhere that is NOT meant as a venue for children's' cartoons. And if you are a kid wanting to get introduced to anime, you'll watch the kid-friendly versions on 4kids TV. It's as simple as that. I don't know why so many anime fans WANT to subject little kids to be forced watch the full ultra-violent imagery in the unedited version of Onepiece (and a lot of other anime). Is it just because most anime fans are cheepskates who want a legal free way to watch anime on TV (no cable/satellite, just free over the air TV on the station carrying 4kids TV), and with it censored they don't get the original version that they are looking for? You know if you are an anime fan wanting the unedited version you ARE going to have to pay MONEY! DUH! Buy the DVD from amazon.com or something. I have NO SYMPATHY for whining anime fans who complain all day about the censoring on 4kids TV.

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Don't forget the fact they replaced sanji's sigarete with a lolli pop and smokers cigars where just completely deleted lol.

But do they really shoot with water guns ? O.o
    Pshhhhhhhh Lollipops are sooo totally badass! xD

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    Hmm.. well...

Pokémon censorships:

Oh wait my bad.

Comparison.

One Piece censorships:

And then just for lols,

Yu-Gi-Oh! censorships:

ROFL! Look at this Jelly donut that totally looks like Onigiri rofl
    and a sandwich? really? lol

That stuff wasn't even necessary to take out... lol

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Banned Forum / Chat MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan is infamous around these parts MegaAnimeFan's Avatar
    Gil
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 06:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You don't understand the way it works. Most of these edits are NOT desired by the company, but rather REQUIRED by the FCC. let me explain how the system works.
    In the old days GI-Joe cartoons had pleanty of guns, and was fine for kids.Then in modern times, parents complained about violent cartoons, so a rating system for TV was devised by the MPAA (the same group that rated movies for a lot longer). Now instead of GI-Joe being rated TV-Y7 (the equivelant to its original intended age group), it is rated TV-PG (as well as any other cartoon that has guns I assume). The FCC has required that every TV station have a segment dedicated to children's shows (these carry a rating of either, TV-G TV-Y, or TV-Y7), as part of the TV station's plan that must be submitted to the FCC before they receive their license to transmit. In order to obtain at least a TV-Y7 rating most animes have to be edited. These edits will involve removing any guns, bombs, cigarets, alcohol, etc. If even one of these banned items are included (even if just once) in an episode, it will have to be censored, or else the episode must be entirely removed from the lineup. If this is not complied with, they'll be in LEGAL TROUBLE with the FCC.

The other edits (like changing Japanese rice to Subway Sandwitches), is indeed a blatant money making scheme. You see they are afraid Americans don't understand Japanese culture enough to enjoy watching something that contains elements of Japanese culture. They fear this will reduce viewers of the show if they keep in the Japanese elements. Less viewers means less money. So if they can make $1,000,000 per week on a show with Japanese stuff left in, or $1,000,001 per week on a show with the Japanese stuff removed, they obviously will remove the Japanese stuff.

Also lightening of the black man's skin is a FAIL edit. ANYONE can see he's just a light skinned black person after the edit. He's NOT WHITE! So if they were in fact trying to make him look white, they FAILED. Also that is a RACIST edit. It's like saying, we don't like black people, so we'll try to make all the black people look white. Proof that 4Kids TV is a bunch of racists. Again, EPIC FAIL!
    Last edited by MegaAnimeFan; 09-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAnimeFan View Post
    You don't understand the way it works. Most of these edits are NOT desired by the company, but rather REQUIRED by the FCC. let me explain how the system works.
    In the old days GI-Joe cartoons had pleanty of guns, and was fine for kids.Then in modern times, parents complained about violent cartoons, so a rating system for TV was devised by the MPAA (the same group that rated movies for a lot longer). Now instead of GI-Joe being rated TV-Y7 (the equivelant to its original intended age group), it is rated TV-PG (as well as any other cartoon that has guns I assume). The FCC has required that every TV station have a segment dedicated to children's shows (these carry a rating of either, TV-G TV-Y, or TV-Y7), as part of the TV station's plan that must be submitted to the FCC before they receive their license to transmit. In order to obtain at least a TV-Y7 rating most animes have to be edited. These edits will involve removing any guns, bombs, cigarets, alcohol, etc. If even one of these banned items are included (even if just once) in an episode, it will have to be censored, or else the episode must be entirely removed from the lineup. If this is not complied with, they'll be in LEGAL TROUBLE with the FCC.

The other edits (like changing Japanese rice to Subway Sandwitches), is indeed a blatant money making scheme. You see they are afraid Americans don't understand Japanese culture enough to enjoy watching something that contains elements of Japanese culture. They fear this will reduce viewers of the show if they keep in the Japanese elements. Less viewers means less money. So if they can make $1,000,000 per week on a show with Japanese stuff left in, or $1,000,001 per week on a show with the Japanese stuff removed, they obviously will remove the Japanese stuff.
    good to know that pedophiles understand the system.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

21. Likes Mystelinth liked this post
    Junior Member mewtwo55555 is on a distinguished road mewtwo55555's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2014 03:55 AM
    Threads

why is this even being discussed one piece has a dub by funimation.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-02-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Junior Member Eyrothath is on a distinguished road Eyrothath's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2013 12:15 PM
    Threads

They ruined Shaman King as well, they completely censored out any religious meaning the show had as well as censored out guns that were in it, swearing and other things, they turned Rens dad in the show into his UNCLE and did a whole bunch of other garbage.. I wish Funimation would pick Shaman King back up and do a proper dub because they only did like 2 episodes before FoxBox(same thing as 4 Kids) picked it up and ruined it..

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

Remember kids, reading is bad

Junior Member Eyrothath is on a distinguished road Eyrothath's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2013 12:15 PM
    Threads

Shaman King uncut vs cut

Not to mention that they ripped this show to shreds when they did the dubbing, changed around most of the story, the plots and characters and the show made no sense sometimes, they couldn't even use the word "KILL" when they did the dubbing, the word kill was replaced with DESTROY.. DESTROY!! DESTROY ROBINSON FAMILY!! was used throughout half the show..
    Last edited by Eyrothath; 09-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Member Guilty Geass can only hope to improve Guilty Geass's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post

Editing anime is like changing the history which is extremely wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information