AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Help - Software] Trouble With Internet Connection Sharing

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default [Help - Software] Trouble With Internet Connection Sharing

Just had my laptop fry the other day, so I had to purchase a new netbook.

I used to have sharing enabled on my old laptop so I can use my Xbox online at school. But with this new netbook I keep getting these errors everytime I try and run ICS:

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Trouble With Internet Connection Sharing

http://gizmodo.com/5421088/get-inter...-one-easy-step

Have you tried that since you'll have windows 7 starter edition (that's the version that is installed on netbooks).

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It is a pain sometimes. If I remember correctly, there is two methods that work for me, depending on what I need it for, anyway. You go into network devices and bridge them together. Or go into property's and select allow this connection to be shared.

*Only set the connection with internet to share.

example pics for sharing.

one
    two

example picture for bridging. It can be picky, just make sure the xbox isn't on while you bridge.

One *fixed photobucket + javascript = failbucket

Ah. Perhaps I should read before thinking that it stopped because you didn't have anything set to share. >_<; Oh well, learned something new.

**Bridging should still work though. If it doesn't, get your old windows key and install the version of windows that was on the other laptop onto the new laptop. Just be sure to back up your drivers.
    Last edited by niKopol; 03-08-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Lol I have dur moment
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking of booting up Ubuntu on a flash drive for when I need to share a connection.

That and I can actually change my wallpaper. Really should've found out what W7 "Starter" meant before buying. XD.....

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

You should be able to upgrade from starter to one of the better versions of windows 7 (that's as long as the built in upgrade system still works).

6. Likes niKopol liked this post
    Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

Default Re: [Help - Software] Trouble With Internet Connection Sharing

regarding to @niKopol method, I might add some missing step on bridging.

Assuming your network adapter doesn't have DHCP capability or you didn't have third-party software allows your device becomes a server, you need to manual set your IP address for both network adapter. On the network adapter connected directly to the internet, you need to set to static IP. The parameters includes IP address, the subnet and the gateway and the DNS. The trickiest part of this setup is obtaining the primary and secondary (if any) DNS address(es) since these IP set to Default Gateway value if connected through DHCP method on your school AP. Unless the AP allows your device to access the Internet using Default Gateway or you know which ISP your school is using and you're very familiar with its DNS addresses, you are only able to access the local network.

On the bridged device, you only need to set your IP according to Internet-able adapter.
    Last edited by Ashminigun; 03-27-2013 at 01:45 PM.

8. Likes niKopol liked this post
    Junior Member richardpadora is an unknown quantity at this point richardpadora's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2013 02:15 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [Help - Software] Trouble With Internet Connection Sharing

Here i want to ask one thing, i am using the dell vostro version and i am facing a big problem with that. Recently i have connected to the internet connection, from that time onwards it's getting some hanging problem. Each and every time it used to struck, so anyone help me to find out the solution.
    Last edited by richardpadora; 05-27-2013 at 01:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information