AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you get into anime ?

Junior Member EvilMokey91 is on a distinguished road EvilMokey91's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2015 12:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Evil Mokey

Default Re: How did you get into anime ?

Didn't know what anime was until middle school. Was watching Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z before then. Adult Swim started getting me hooked on it back then with Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and The Big O.

Been enjoying it ever since then.

2. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Two of my high school friends told me I would enjoy it, and even now, 12 years later, they were right.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

4. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Member Ai-no-Miko is on a distinguished road Ai-no-Miko's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2016 02:14 AM
    Threads

I started watching Pokemon on the local kid's station where I live, I think I was just channel surfing when I came across it. I'm pretty sure I remember thinking to myself, "hey, this looks like that thing I used to watch when I was 8!"(that "thing" being Sailor Moon ^^; ). From that point I continued on with the series until Digimon started playing and got into that. However, I think my biggest game changer and what really got the ball rolling for me was Gundam Wing. I found that show and I went nuts, like full on anime fan insane - and no, I'm not particularly proud to admit that. It's been like ten or eleven years now and I've still got a pretty passionate love for anime and manga(just not to the crazy extent anymore).

6. Likes animemerc, Astral_Mage liked this post
    Junior Member Danishshieldmaiden is on a distinguished road Danishshieldmaiden's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2015 07:01 AM
    Threads

Back when I was 4-5 years old (if I remember correctly), my mother bought Ginga Nagareboshi Gin for me, along with Candy Candy and Sandy Bell.
    I watched them a lot, but never really thought much about it.
    Then I moved to a school similar to a boarding school, and my room mate made me watch Ginga Nagareboshi Gin again. This time uncut and in Japanese. I was hooked!
    We spend that year watching so many animes. It's kinda nostalgic think back to.
    And in a way, I owe my relationship with my best friend (and former room mate) to anime

8. Likes animemerc, Astral_Mage liked this post
    Member Yasashi Kyojin is on a distinguished road Yasashi Kyojin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2016 10:19 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Godusun Steam ID: YasashiKyojin

Well like some I grew up with it, especially Naruto. Yet, I didn't really get into it until I saw Ano Natsu de Matteru (a romance for those of you who haven't seen it). That moment defined my anime preferences, Romance became my favorite genre easily.

10. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    Threads

Watching Sailor Moon on the CN, I really liked that series and I began to watch more anime. Then I checked out and read some Uresei Yatsura manga from the library and loved it as well as the series. Yeah Bunny!

12. Likes animemerc liked this post
    <span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Watching Adult Swim back when I was like 6.

I had to sneak in the living room and sit super close to the screen because I'd leave it on really low volume. My parents didn't approve of it, but I didn't care I was 6.

I mostly started with Sailor Moon, InuYasha, and Pokèmon. Those were my first three, along with Dragonball every now and then.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

14. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Senior Member eano has a spectacular aura about eano has a spectacular aura about eano's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Gifts Cancer 147 - Dratini Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2019 09:20 AM
    Threads

my first anime is dragon ball i watched it when i am of 4 when my sister bring bleach from her friend she told watch it when i am watching it she told me this is anime and dragon ball is also an anime so from that day on i also started to watch anime

16. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Member VineTabris is on a distinguished road VineTabris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Eva Unit 01
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2016 08:08 AM
    Threads

i believe my first 'real' anime was sailor moon, which i watched as a very small child. but back then i wasn't really aware of the concept of anime. the first anime i got into after being aware of what anime is was inuyasha.
    i rented the manga from the school library and started watching it on adult swim back in middle school.
    and adult swim basically led to me watching more anime like cowboy bebop, trigun, and the like.

18. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Senior Member Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki is a name known to all Yuuzuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts The one Ring Double Bento Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2016 09:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Odysseus7

I had a friend who kept talking about it non stop so I decided to give it a try and have been hooked ever since

20. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Junior Member käwäii is on a distinguished road käwäii's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2016 04:07 PM
    Threads

I watched Princess Mononoke maybe when I was about 17, after that I started seldomly watching similar movies, or other movies made by Studio Ghibli. Then some years go along, and by that time I had seen many many times people mentioning or talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion. And because I already had watched some anime movies, I though to give Evangelion a go to see what it was about. It was something new to get used to, and it didn't completely open up to me when I saw it, but after that I started to get even more interested about anime. So after watching Evangelion I started somewhat actively watching different types of anime, and about a year ago decided to join a forum to "deepen" my hobby of watching anime. And some days ago I joined this place, which seems very nice actually.

22. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Member Meruem is on a distinguished road Meruem's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2017 12:47 PM
    Threads

Well I think I started watching anime properly at 8 or 9
    But when i was younger I watched Digimon, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh and Beyblade.
    The first anime I watched whilst knowing it was anime was an ecchi Rosario and Vampire or it may of been Naruto or Inazuma Eleven idk

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ROBOTECH/MACROSS, as a young Teen back in the early/mid 1990's. i fell in love with, and retain a great affinity for to this day, the legendary VF-1 "Valkyrie" Variable Fighter;

http://macross.wikia.com/wiki/VF-1_Valkyrie

Last edited by Tasuke; 02-06-2016 at 02:21 PM.

25. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

Before we had digital cable in our house and was able to bear witness to the awesomeness of Toonami, I'd find them at Video Visions down the street from where I lived. That's where I rented "Fist of the North Star", "M.D. Geist", and "Ninja Scroll". I didn't know what the hell I was expecting, but I thought the art style looked cool. From that moment on, I was hooked.

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

27. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Junior Member Pengwang1357 is infamous around these parts Pengwang1357 is infamous around these parts Pengwang1357's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2016 10:03 PM
    Threads

When I was in elementary school, I watched Pokemon at the after-school care I went to, although I didn't know it was anime. I really started getting into anime after watching Nigahiga'a Naruto trailer and thought that I would try watching Naruto

Last edited by Pengwang1357; 02-07-2016 at 11:22 PM.

29. Likes animemerc liked this post
    Junior Member melissakay is just really nice melissakay is just really nice melissakay is just really nice melissakay is just really nice melissakay's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2016 08:31 PM
    Threads

Toonami!

31. Likes animemerc, Teru Murasame liked this post
    Senior Member Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin is a glorious beacon of light Sulkin's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2017 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tmninjacasual

It started with me just watching Inuyasha- I didn't even know what anime was at this point..Until this girl in class saw my binder with my drawings on Inuyasha and Kagome. She ended up showing me other anime and taking me to my first convention!

33. Likes animemerc liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information