AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Gay marrige?

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    I'm actually seeking professional help for my hatred of those that take showers.

WET HEADS! ALL OF YOU! BEGONE!
    Those pesky hygiene-lovers...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoon
    Though I wouldn't think of marrying a girl...
    Then you'd rather marry a boy?

And lastly, about the Bible, it isn't the word of God. It's the word of old, dead Jewish guys. And I never trust dead people to give me life advice. Especially undead people. Just kidding, Jesus, you're cool. But you're still a zombie.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    Just kidding, Jesus, you're cool. But you're still a zombie.
    Which is exactly why he shouldn't be trusted.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Ami~chan View Post
    Yes, the Bible sayes that homosexual sex is wrong.
    As it was said already, the traditional English translation of the Bible says that homosexual sex is wrong. I believe I heard from someone once that that translation would more correct be "unclean". And, after Jesus died on the cross, everything that was unclean was made clean. For example, I can wear a T-shirt that is 50% cotton and 50% polyester and NOT be smote. Hurray!

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

As it was said already, the traditional English translation of the Bible says that homosexual sex is wrong. I believe I heard from someone once that that translation would more correct be "unclean". And, after Jesus died on the cross, everything that was unclean was made clean. For example, I can wear a T-shirt that is 50% cotton and 50% polyester and NOT be smote. Hurray!
    What's funny is that the traditional English translation isn't 100% accurate... not so much because of changes added purposefully to aid the church in their quest of power (as far as I know), but simply because some things can't be translated perfectly from one language to another.

I'm copying a few key quotes by the person named Swordgleam (a Jew who has read the original Hebrew version of the Bible) in this thread to show what I mean:

The specific passage that I believe is referenced most often in the homosexuality debate is roughly translated as, "Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman, for it is an abomination."
    Now, some people interpret that as meaning homosexuality as a whole is bad. However, it most literally is only speaking about sodomy between males, and many scholars have interpreted it to be referring specifically to sodomy used as dominance. So rather than saying "homosexuality is bad," the passage is actually intended to mean, "don't rape enemy warriors to prove that you've beaten them," which is advice I doubt anyone would disagree with.

But [saying "lie with a man as if with a woman" is the same thing as saying do not have sex with another man as if they were a woman] is only one rough translation. I think the most exact translation I've seen was something like, "do not lie with a man as with the layings of a woman," which is a lot less clear. It could be telling you to not sleep in women's pajamas.
    Also, having sex with another man as if they were a woman would mean the man would have to have a vagina, which kind of precludes being male. So even that isn't rock-solid.

It says "do not lie with a man as if with a woman".

But no it doesn't. It says something in hebrew that I don't have the font for. Without any vowels, I might add. One possible translation can be interpreted as saying "do not lie with a man as with a woman." That's what I've been trying to say. And that interpretation can be further inferred as a comdemnation of homosexuality.
    Meanwhile, clearly translatable things like the "No shellfish" passage that a kindly deviant posted for you, get ignored as being somehow irrelevant. If you're going to obey one as being God's Truth, shouldn't you obey the other?
    And all the others, like "thou shalt honor the sabbath day and keep it holy" (no traveling beyond a certain distance, no cooking, no doing business), "inscribe these words as a sign upon your doorpost" (a mazuzzah at least on your front doorway, and possibly all the others), "thou shalt not take the name of the lord in vain" (that does mean all those "Jesus is my Homeboy" t-shirts, not just saying "goddamnit!"), and the dozens upon dozens of others which most Christians aren't even aware of?
    In regards to Christian Old Testament and Jewish views on homosexuality, you also need to remember that to be penetrated (anally or otherwise) was a sign of submission, and the Hebrews were (are?) notorious for their desire to be free from domination.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    What's funny is that the traditional English translation isn't 100% accurate... not so much because of changes added purposefully to aid the church in their quest of power (as far as I know), but simply because some things can't be translated perfectly from one language to another.

I'm copying a few key quotes by the person named Swordgleam (a Jew who has read the original Hebrew version of the Bible) in this thread to show what I mean:

In regards to Christian Old Testament and Jewish views on homosexuality, you also need to remember that to be penetrated (anally or otherwise) was a sign of submission, and the Hebrews were (are?) notorious for their desire to be free from domination.
    That was exactly the point I was trying to get at, thanks Ollie (formerly Whispers). The traditional English translation is NOT perfect, NOT foolproof, and NOT to be blindly trusted. I don't really know if homosexuality is bad or not, it might well be and it might not at all be. i know which I'm hoping for. :3

Junior Member bested will become famous soon enough bested will become famous soon enough bested's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2007 11:26 AM
    Threads

maybe gay people should just... not be gay and there would be no problems with gay marriage

...lol, jk, kinda... ok

Angel of peace Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2009 02:45 PM
    I live in Japan. Well, I wish I did anyways.
    Threads

Honestly, I beleive that it is wrong for same sex couples but, there is nothing I could possibly do to stop or prevent it. It has been something that has been going on since ancient times.
    Even though some may say it is disturbing, others veiws may point the opposite way.......
    Even though I don't stand for same sex marriage I would not make a fight or argument on it.

I guess it all rounds up to toleration. My Uncle is gay and his boyfriend gets on my nerves. Not because he is gay but because he is such a B****!
    ~I'll try to be nice, so please give me a chance~

Do you want to be my friend?

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bested View Post
    maybe gay people should just... not be gay and there would be no problems with gay marriage

...lol, jk, kinda... ok
    I was wondering when the clueless noobs were going to start poking their noses in the topic and putting in their 2 cents without being at all aware of where the arguement has migrated.

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

I was wondering when the clueless noobs were going to start poking their noses in the topic and putting in their 2 cents without being at all aware of where the arguement has migrated.
    It's the inevitable. I'm waiting for Elvore to show up any moment, now. EDIT: Gasp. He already has. Never mind.
    Last edited by Bucky Katt; 08-03-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information