AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OPM Theory: Genos is Saitamas long lost son (with proof)

Junior Member AfroPunchMan is on a distinguished road AfroPunchMan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2015 09:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default OPM Theory: Genos is Saitamas long lost son (with proof)

I've been thinking a lot about this theory and have a lot of reasons why I believe this is so. First I would like to hear the communities opinion. I was skeptic at first but I feel pretty convinced and confident this is true and that it will be revealed later in OPM. The only part of this theory I am not completely sure about is who the mother is, I have some guessed, but I believe she will be featured later on.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OPM Theory: Genos is Saitamas long lost son (with proof)

Moving this to Shonen.

3. Likes AfroPunchMan liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Moving this to Shonen.
    Thank you!

now the first piece of evidence and the thing that actually led me to start thinking about this theory was during episode 2 of OPM we see saitama struggling to kill a mosquito, dont you think that's a bit odd the man known for being able to defeat any enemy in one hit struggling to defeat a mosquito? I thought it was strange too before looking a bit deeper into it, I think it was symbolism. If we try to look back we can remember that meanwhile this was happening Genos was fighting a swarm of mosquitos, the mosquitos connected there actions during these scenes and I think the fact that saitama couldnt destroy the mosquito represented how saitama couldnt destroy there connection, there biological connection of father and son which I believe saitama actually tried to move past from when he abandoned Genos.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AfroPunchMan View Post
    Thank you!

now the first piece of evidence and the thing that actually led me to start thinking about this theory was during episode 2 of OPM we see saitama struggling to kill a mosquito, dont you think that's a bit odd the man known for being able to defeat any enemy in one hit struggling to defeat a mosquito? I thought it was strange too before looking a bit deeper into it, I think it was symbolism. If we try to look back we can remember that meanwhile this was happening Genos was fighting a swarm of mosquitos, the mosquitos connected there actions during these scenes and I think the fact that saitama couldnt destroy the mosquito represented how saitama couldnt destroy there connection, there biological connection of father and son which I believe saitama actually tried to move past from when he abandoned Genos.
    That actually makes a lot of sense...
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

6. Likes AfroPunchMan liked this post
    &#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Genos is 19, and isn't Saitama like 24?

And Genos said that his parents were killed so

????

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    Genos is 19, and isn't Saitama like 24?

And Genos said that his parents were killed so

????
    Isnt his approximate age 19? Meaning they tried to determine his age since any birth certificates would have been destroyed during the destruction of his town. I'm pretty sure he was turned into a cyborg while he was just a child and since he wouldnt age in this form he was built to be a lot older which makes perfect sense for a cyborg made for fighting plus I'm speculating that genos's mother remarried after saitama left without telling genos. That fits really well into the theory, I've been looking into this for about 2 weeks now and I've finally got it all to click, I have notes taken down which I'll be happy to go in detail about after I take a nap soon. It's all kind of a lot to take in at once.
    Last edited by AfroPunchMan; 12-22-2015 at 02:06 AM.

&#32
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AfroPunchMan View Post
    Isnt his approximate age 19? Meaning they tried to determine his age since any birth certificates would have been destroyed during the destruction of his town. I'm pretty sure he was turned into a cyborg while he was just a child and since he wouldnt age in this form he was built to be a lot older which makes perfect sense for a cyborg made for fighting plus I'm speculating that genos's mother remarried after saitama left without telling genos. That fits really well into the theory, I've been looking into this for about 2 weeks now and I've finally got it all to click, I have notes taken down which I'll be happy to go in detail about after I take a nap soon. It's all kind of a lot to take in at once.
    If I recall correctly, Genos turned cyborg when he was either 15 or 16 (correct me if I'm wrong). He then mentioned he was 19 and that he'd been spending the last couple years looking for the cyborg that killed his family. Besides, Saitama tells Genos that he started training while he was in his early 20s, so he's still way too young to be Genos' father.

10. Likes AfroPunchMan liked this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's a very good and interesting point, but I still think this theory has quite a few legs to stand on, but I feel like I can definitely confirm that saitama has a son. In the OPM ova "road to hero" We get more hints of saitamas early life and if I'm remembering correctly in one of the scenes saitama has a card sitting on the table that says "it's a boy" I dont think this is a coincidence and I think it could really be indicating that saitama does have a son and the fact that that's the only item and item of chose that he has to remember his child feels like strong evidence that he abandoned them before they were even born. That would also explain why genos and saitama dont seem to recognize each other.

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

You're saying Genos' "father" that was killed was just a step-dad then? Cuz I'm pretty sure he mentioned both a mother and father dying in the cyborg's attack.

This OVA sounds interesting though, how have I not heard about this. Will reserve judgement til I've seen it.

EDIT: Alright yeah so, Road to Hero didn't have anything that I could recognize as a "baby boy" card. Saitama was only in his room for like 60 seconds throughout the episode, and it was just as plain and totally unremarkable as ever. xD

Apparently there's supposed to be several more OVAs for OPM coming out, so there might be something that shows up that supports this theory, but I don't see it happening tbh. Unless one of them is lying about their age, it's just impossible.
    Last edited by RyuTama; 12-22-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm hope you enjoyed the ova. Are you saw we watched the same OVA? I remember seeing that!
    anyway I'll have my eyes out for more of the OVAs since I think they will probably give the most hints before any kind of reveal.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've heard about One Punch Man through another anime site. Is it extremely violent? Seems so. Would be willing to watch, since it's intriguing. Then again, I want to return to watching Inuyasha, as I haven't seen the second season yet. I know, I'm behind by a lot. lol
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Member Zeed is on a distinguished road Zeed's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Daggers Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2016 03:12 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zed20121

Uh saitama don't have a son and is not even married. You'll see in the future. That theory is not correct

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information