AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final Fantasy VII & VIII; Best of the series?

Junior Member SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra has a reputation beyond repute SunnyTerra's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2012 09:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII & VIII; Best of the series?

I really loved 7, but didn't like 8 very much. My favorite is 10, followed by 7. I wish 7 would get a remake, but it'll never happen )):

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

VIII is my all time favorite....because the story, gameplay, music, characters all of it really grabbed me. That and it was my first FF game ever...But it was like reading a *really* awesome interactive story book. And it's got SOO many hidden easter eggs in it its unreal.

My second fav has to be VI. I'm sorry, but Kefka was/is the Best villian EVER. He's a 'God' in comparison to any other game villian. And it's also got an intricate story plot-line too, with a LOT of characters to fiddle with.

I 'liked' VII, but-imo-VII has been beaten to death. With all the spin-offs and people talking about it all the time, and fawning over the Mama's Boy, Sephiroth...It's-lost points to me. VII keeps beating a dead horse. 'x'
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member BraddyKun is on a distinguished road BraddyKun's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2012 06:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bradio3k

Honestly, I find more enjoyment in FFVI and IX than VII and I'm pretty sure, VIII, even if it's stupid junction magic system is complete bullshit, it has a better plotline than VII.

But yeah, if you want the best Final Fantasy, go look up a copy of VI, I'm pretty sure Kefka is the best villian in the history of Final Fantasy. He is just tha good.

Member nightAme is on a distinguished road nightAme's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Rageface Jade Disc
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2012 03:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Number one for me was Final Fantasy VIII... right from the opening fmv, it had me hooked. Squall is my favourite character out of the series as well. Final Fantasy VII was amazing the first play through, but I dunno if I could do a second one. Plus, VII is really over commercialized now, kind of knocked it down a notch for me.

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy XII; although everyone else that has played has hated it. I thought the gameplay was awsome, and I found the story to be quite amazing as well... alas, I think I`m alone on that one though. It takes my number two, with VI in my number three spot.

Worst one out of the series for me was XIII; everything about it seemed to put me off. Still played it thru to the end though...
    You are not alone; I am a fan of FF XII.

I honestly like the gambit system, and the story was just as grand as the others, just a bit different. So far, I have played FF, II, IV, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, & XIII-2. Out of all of those games, my favorites are XIII, IX, and XIII. I think I enjoy all of the FF games that I have played (including tactics advanced, War of the Lions, and Dissidia) is because I evaluate them in different respects. I do not compare the early FF games (say I-IV) with the latter (VII-IX), and newer (X-XIII-2) because they are..well, different. There are over 13 iterations of Final Fantasy, and I don't want any of them to be the same. They all have similar main elements, awesome story telling, and epic graphics of their respective time frame. I like the challenge of learning a new battle system and mastering it. (I'm still mad Type-0 isn't out outside of Japan T_T )

Senior Member ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Orange Ribbon Gurren Gurren Dan Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2016 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Venocide EMS PSN ID: ARKphoenix Steam ID: kronicx

I hated VIII, just couldn't get into it at all. My personal favorites in the series are VI and IX.

Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

I liked FF8.
    I borrowed FF7 form my cousin. Got 3/4 of the way through it then my memory card wiped itself. My reaction:

Haven't played it since.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Observer View Post
    I liked the card game in VIII
    True this. I also like VIII, better than VII. X is good too. X-2 is good too. After X, the rest are just too boring. That includes the story line too.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan has a reputation beyond repute Kona Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Cake Lie Glasses Red Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2012 06:54 AM
    Threads

I really like kefka but I can't say that it's the best vilain... he is damm good with a beautiful character design (better than sephiroth who is just a copy). However kefka's purpose is to destroy everithing... but why??? the only reason is that he is crazy. It's a little short for a vilain motivation. I think that kuja is better because of his strong personality. Furthermore the motivations of kuja are clear and he had a great characters design too . I liked ff II ,IV, VI ,VII, IX and X more than the others. My favorite is ffX ( but not for the vilain xD )

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphin View Post
    I really like kefka but I can't say that it's the best vilain... he is damm good with a beautiful character design (better than sephiroth who is just a copy). However kefka's purpose is to destroy everithing... but why??? the only reason is that he is crazy. It's a little short for a vilain motivation. I think that kuja is better because of his strong personality. Furthermore the motivations of kuja are clear and he had a great characters design too . I liked ff II ,IV, VI ,VII, IX and X more than the others. My favorite is ffX ( but not for the vilain xD )
    Kefka didn't do it simply because he *was* crazy. He did it because he could. And really...that is the best villian motivation of all...People who do bad and evil things just because they can-are the most evil kind of people there are. Because no one can really ever figure out what goes on in thier heads-there never seems to be a solid reason, but there's one for them that regular people don't get. Kefka is one scary donkey clown prince..
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    Kefka didn't do it simply because he *was* crazy. He did it because he could. And really...that is the best villian motivation of all...People who do bad and evil things just because they can-are the most evil kind of people there are. Because no one can really ever figure out what goes on in thier heads-there never seems to be a solid reason, but there's one for them that regular people don't get. Kefka is one scary donkey clown prince..
    With that then villains like X-Death, Garland/Chaos and Emperor Mateus will be just as good as good as Kefka. Really, a villain that just seeks destruction/power for the sake of destruction/power is rather boring. They simply have no substance to them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information