AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yu Gi Oh the card game

Senior Member ShrillBrute76 is on a distinguished road ShrillBrute76's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2016 10:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShrillBrute3271

Default Yu Gi Oh the card game

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else on here is into the Yu Gi Oh cards, not necessarily still play but still collects. would love to talk more about them if someone else is willing to listen

2. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
    Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco has a reputation beyond repute Qoco's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Movie Ticket Mercedes-Benz Green Tea
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2022 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yu Gi Oh the card game

I remember I used to steal Yu-Gi-Oh! cards when I was in elementary school. I'm not into the cards now but I don't hate 'em.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well personally i still love them and am actively collecting and looking for games to play. only played in one competition other than that i play against my bro

Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Systems NES Controller Char Zaku MS 06S Autobots
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2016 09:08 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxDUNNxxDOLOxX

I was very very big into Yugioh a few years back. I loved the anime, and found some guys who actually played and showed me the basics. I had a nice card collection as well as some very good rare cards. My favorite monsters were the Cyber End Dragon and the Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End. I liked a lot of the dragon monsters honestly and the way they were designed, as well as a few other monsters. Slifer the Sky Dragon, Uria Lord of Searing Flames, The red Eyes Darkness Dragon, Silent Swordsman Lvl 7, Ancient Gear Golem, and a few others. I wish I could name them all but its too many honestly. ^_^

I had alot decks set-up if I remember correctly. I don't remember them all but the ones I do remember were....

Forbidden deck - had a bunch of forbidden cards, and revolved around summoning Thousand Eyes Restrict which was forbidden at the time....and probably still is.
    Dark/Light Deck - Revolved around my Chaos Emperor Dragon EOTE and Black Luster Soldier EOTB. It had a lot of forbidden cards as well.
    Slifer The Sky Dragon Deck - As name states it was built around trying to get out Slifer the Sky Dragon, which was my favorite out of all the Egyptian God cards
    VWXYZ Deck - It was sorta failed experiment at trying to summon the VWXYX Dragon catapult Cannon monster, but It never seemed to work out for me.
    A LvL Deck - Revolved around summoning all monsters that had Lvls to them like Armed Dragon, Silent Swords Man, Mystic Swordsman, and Horus the Black Flame Dragon
    Dragon Deck - Basic dragon deck with a lot of Dragon monsters. Breadwinner was Red Eyes Darkness Dragon. (Which I never seemed to be able to summon for some reason)
    Machine Deck - This was my favorite deck. I used it a lot and it wasnt technically the best but I had the most fun using it. Revolved around getting to Cyber End Dragon and Cyber Twin Dragon.
    Ancient Gear Deck - Revolved around Ancient Gear monsters, and trying to get out Ancient Gear Golem which was another one of my favorite monsters
    Elemental Hero Deck - sucked really bad and I never won anything with it. Had most of the elemental heroes in it.
    Destiny Hero Deck - Did a lot better than my elemental hero deck and revolved around the Destiny Hero monsters.
    Water deck - Modified deck from he basic Water starter pack deck. Nothing major
    Fire Deck - Same as water deck but modified as well.
    Earth Deck - Basic Earth deck that was modified as a tank deck sorta. Didn't like it too much and barely used it.
    Warrior Deck - Pretty good deck built around the warrior starter pack

I think I had a couple of more but I cant remember honestly. Its been a while. I actually stopped playing because my wife and I had a huge argument back when we were still dating and living together. I got mad and said I wanted to leave and when I went to the store to get a pack of cigarettes, I came back and she had dumped water and laundry detergent on all of my cards. I don't remember the total, but based on the card values of the rares I had and total number of cards, I basically took a 9-12 thousand dollar loss. I could only salvage maybe a few of the cards, but that kinda killed my motivation to collect and keep playing. Yeah so my wife kinda killed my motivation LOL.

I liked the game and have been keeping up with it so much, but I really don't like the new direction that have been going. The Synchro really made me not like the game that much anymore. I know its a sorta good idea and a lot of people like it, but I don't honestly.
    Im a sucker for the classics.....
    Don't hate until you try them......

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I play the game when I was younger. My friends and I played and traded cards and I was ok, but I never really that great. I don't collect or play anymore mainly because I don't find the cards interesting and I don't understand how the new types of summons work.

Member phantoMastercrad is on a distinguished road phantoMastercrad's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Soul Eater Shinigami-sama
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2016 05:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CRAD42902

I don't play with them or collect them anymore, but I still love them. I can talk for so long about them and I have watched every Yu Gi Oh season up to Yu Gi Oh 5ds. I love Yu Gi Oh a lot.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Dunn x Dolo , i cant believe she is still your wife after that, lol, it must be true love. I also have multiple decks but my main one is a combination of a fiend and sphinx deck which revolve around me getting out a few of my heavy hitters, the reason its a mix is i never liked relying on one card too much, with my luck it was always at the bottom lol.

I never really watched the anime just played the cards because all the other kids were (damn peer pressure)

Senior Member Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo is a jewel in the rough Dunn x Dolo's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ShrillBrute76 View Post
    @Dunn x Dolo , i cant believe she is still your wife after that, lol, it must be true love. I also have multiple decks but my main one is a combination of a fiend and sphinx deck which revolve around me getting out a few of my heavy hitters, the reason its a mix is i never liked relying on one card too much, with my luck it was always at the bottom lol.

I never really watched the anime just played the cards because all the other kids were (damn peer pressure)

LOL. Yeah True love blossomed through that. My wife spent a couple of months making that up to me when I showed her the amount of money the cards were worth. I do sorta kinda miss playing, and I still occasionally see the decks and packs in the stores and contemplate buying one. One of my sons is kinda interested so I may have to live my yugioh dreams through him. LOL

My Machine deck kinda sounds like your mix. I think it did well because machines in general had a lot of powerful 4 star monsters, and very good abilities for the higher monsters. Ancient Gear Golem had pierce damage and negated spell/traps during battle phase. Cyber twin dragon had 2800 attack and could attack twice. Cyber End dragon had 4000 attack and had pierce damage. Machine King/Perfect Machine king got boost depending on how many machines I had, and Jinzo negated all trap cards. I had a nice set up. Kinda miss it now that im thinking about it. *sniff*

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

I collect them for the artwork.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I love the artwork on the "burning abyss" collection

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The dragons and girls are my favorites. Though there are good ones in all the types.

I'm annoyed that they keep lowering how many cards you're supposed to have in a deck.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

13. Likes Dunn x Dolo liked this post
    Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I agree Clayton. I really loved the designs of a lot of the dragon monsters. They were my favorite designs out of all the monsters.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The newer artwork though... seems a little Magic the Gathering... plus why the new stuff when they haven't finished releasing all the Japanese cards and the ones from the shows?

Gil
    Flirty
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    The newer artwork though... seems a little Magic the Gathering... plus why the new stuff when they haven't finished releasing all the Japanese cards and the ones from the shows?

Probably cuz they are going through their typical censorship bulls**t. "What this dragon has a tail that could be mistaken for a penis? Better change it to a Unicorn."

I never actually played Magic so I dunno if they look alike or not to be honest. LOL.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information