AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2017 Book Challenge

Pretty Girl Swag Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Capricorn 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2017 02:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Corbin-Domina Steam ID: Kronus_Moon

Post 2017 Book Challenge

Hey nerd, happy new year/valentines/easter/lent/fat tuesday/mardi gras/etc!

So last month I got this email from Goodreadsand apparently they are doing this book challenge where you say how many books you're going to read this year, and then, you know, you do it. I picked 12 because I didn't want to aim too high and get mad because I can't read 40 books this year. My stretch goal is 24 though.

So, how many books are yall gonna read this year?

I think we should make a game of it. Every time you finish a book this year, find this thread and tell us about it. Everything counts. Manga, novels, graphic novels, comics, novellas, short stores, etc.

Good luck and happy reading!

As an extra little tidbit, here is my Goodreads Account so you can follow me and I can follow you back!

My Sun and Stars
    Moon of my life

2. Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    Member RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 10:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2017 Book Challenge

Hello and that's a great book challenge. I would like to finish this one book by the end of the year. That's my goal.

Pretty Girl Swag Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Capricorn 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2017 02:00 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Corbin-Domina Steam ID: Kronus_Moon

One book??? Surely, you can read more than just the one!! What book is it??

My Sun and Stars
    Moon of my life

5. Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    Member RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah is a splendid one to behold RunnerNoah's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
    One book??? Surely, you can read more than just the one!! What book is it??
    I am slowly reading it. After I finish reading a chapter, there are questions at the end that I must answer. You are welcome to read 'Disciplines of a Godly Man'. There is also Disciplines of a Godly Woman which I have not read yet, but I would like to see the perspective of a woman.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

I put 1 book as a challenge on goodreads and already won lol

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnerNoah View Post
    Hello and that's a great book challenge. I would like to finish this one book by the end of the year. That's my goal.
    well damn it seems like we are kindred spirits

8. Thanks RunnerNoah thanked for this post
    Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    I put 1 book as a challenge on goodreads and already won lol

edit:

well damn it seems like we are kindred spirits
    Lol and what book are you reading?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLxZEU02uI In Christ Alone

"Beware of wanting to be like me. You don't know the sins of my life. You don't know how much I have neglected. You don't know the cost have been. The real question is how to be the fullest most God-centered, Christ exalting, bible saturated, loving, humble, mission advancing, justice seeking, others serving person. You can be. Don't measure yourself by others. Measure yourself by your potential in Christ." - John Piper.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Lol and what book are you reading?
    Well atm im reading Infinite Jest but the book that made me win my book challenge was Diary of an Oxygen Thief.

11. Likes RunnerNoah liked this post
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Well atm im reading Infinite Jest but the book that made me win my book challenge was Diary of an Oxygen Thief.
    Cool-beans! Did you like Diary of an Oxygen Thief?

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Did you like Diary of an Oxygen Thief?
    I'd recommend it if that's what you mean

Member Anji. is on a distinguished road Anji.'s Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2017 07:49 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: auroraphox Steam ID: auroraphox

This is interesting and might prompt me to get out of my fanfiction unhealthy consumption lol. Also I need some new inspiration for my own writing.
    I think I will pick 6 to be conservative because my job keeps me fairly busy. I just purchased Ferenheight 451 and The Complete Cthulhu Mythos.
    Also I signed up for BookBob.com last year and it has provided me with some really great stories throughout that time.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

The wifi at my work sucks so i cant browse the internet on my phone much while I'm on my break at work anyway so I started reading a lot more recently. I think I will read 20 books this year but only because I only ever read at work.

Still trying to get through a book right now but its hard.

Member Anji. is on a distinguished road Anji.'s Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2017 07:49 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: auroraphox Steam ID: auroraphox

Anyone finished a book yet? I just finished a lengthy Harry Potter fanfiction story. about 28 chapters of roughly 2-3k words a piece so not short but not long either.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Anji. View Post
    about 28 chapters of roughly 2-3k words a piece so not short but not long either.
    Why do you do this to yourself??? You could have read The Stranger in the same amount of time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information