AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: SURVEY - What do you think about a legal online manga reader?

Junior Member Shako is on a distinguished road Shako's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 06:33 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post SURVEY - What do you think about a legal online manga reader?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GM7F7BQ

Hi all,

I'm doing a Masters thesis on Manga and I'd like to know your opinions on the concept of a legal Manga reader.

Pretty please fill out the survey and I'll be eternally grateful - I'll also post all results here when I'm done.

Thanks!

Shako

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Default Re: SURVEY - What do you think about a legal online manga reader?

Wow, that's really interesting tell us more about your thesis.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Junior Member Shako is on a distinguished road Shako's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 06:33 AM
    Threads

Sure. My thesis is arguing that a legal model for Manga reading online exists. In short, Manga is well suited to an online product and publishers aren't really doing their part online. I've got a really neat way of getting out material faster and better quality than Scanlators as well as involving them. I'm making a big point of their being a difference between Scanlators, who create for other fans, and reader websites, who profit off that and are closer to the traditional idea of pirates. Basically trying to show that half the problems of piracy came about because of a failure to adapt to online, that there is so much opportunity and that community and supporting the community is central to a good publishing venture. I'm studying MA Publishing at the Department of Information Science at University College London, UK. My favourite Mangas are Mushishi, Gantz and Vinland Saga! And mods are cool.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

How does your thesis reflect the publishers who have moved to an online mode of release? JManga have quite a few titles available for online viewing, and Digital Manga Guild releases boys love via eManga. Of course their release model is different to what illegal aggregation sites are using.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Sadly manga reader sites aren't the only one that profits from displaying scanlations ... scanlators too earn a lot for that. Even if you hear a lot of them complaining and such, but just from their adds they get a lot of money. Then imagine a group that pretty much translates 15+ titles regulary ... some can make over 1k every month just from that.

Foolrulez talked a lot around money and scanlators on their blog in the past ...

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by wizzanator View Post
    Sadly manga reader sites aren't the only one that profits from displaying scanlations ... scanlators too earn a lot for that. Even if you hear a lot of them complaining and such, but just from their adds they get a lot of money. Then imagine a group that pretty much translates 15+ titles regulary ... some can make over 1k every month just from that.

Foolrulez talked a lot around money and scanlators on their blog in the past ...
    Wow, I wasn't aware of this. I thought that people who translate manga aren't paid at all. I always thought that reading manga online is okay, since the scanlators are not paid and they do not make profit from the manga, so it's okay to read manga online. However this really changes my view of reading online. But I will still read manga online. >.> <.<

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Closed Thread

Thread Information