AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help

Junior Member h2oJames is on a distinguished road h2oJames's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2012 09:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Need help

So I am new to anime, I know almost nothing about it in general.
    I am into Avatar the last airbender(not anime) and Korra(not anime) and I all the people in the avatar fandom were talking about Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and everyone was like "it's so good pmowmoamspdom" so I was like Ill give it it a try and I feel in love, so I watched the original(not better then fmab). Everyone was like try Soul Eater and so I tried a few episodes(didn't enjoy it that much the style) so I am putting that on the back burner to watch later.

But what are some good shows I might like ? I am currently going to watch the original Sailor Moon in Japanese cause I haven't yet only seen most of dubbed version.
    so can someone help me find someone I might like based on the shows I have said, I really like the world of fantasy and supernatural. I love magic stuff.

Senior Member Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor has a reputation beyond repute Maki the contractor's Avatar
    Gil
    Worried
    Gifts Popsicle Cookie Ramen
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2015 09:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help

You should watch d gray man or death note. Try d gray man first I think you'll like it. Fairy tail is pretty cool too.. I've watched many anime in my time. I'm a living breathing otaku here to do my duty and spread the anime love to normal people. So try the ones I reccomended to you I guarantee that you will like them.
    "I would destroy this city or anything else she asked"

Maki the Contractor

3. Likes Albear liked this post
    ☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

If you want something darker and more in typical fantasy convention, try Claymore.

If something more light hearted, then yeah, D Gray Man is one of the best shounen series out there. The anime finishes halfway throughout the story, but the manga continues.

And don't forget Bleach-just skip the filler. Trust me, you want to skip all the "anime original episodes". So find out which episodes are not-cannon and avoid them and you'll be okay.

And if you want something totally light and bright(given as you watch sailor moon) then I advise watching some moar mahou shojou-Lyrical Nanoha if you want something shorter and Tokyo Mew Mew if you crave a longer series, both are awesome magical girl classics.
    And of course, the immortal god-emperor of the genre, Madoka Magica but it's sorta dark....

Senior Member Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz has a reputation beyond repute Blackwaltz's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2014 11:44 PM
    Threads

When I first started watching anime I was a pretty easy-going fan, I'd tune in every week but wasn't really devoted to the entirety of the culture. Then .Hack//Sign came along on Cartoon Networks early foray into late-night anime blocks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dothackcast.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	70648

When it comes to Fantasy, this is as fantastical as it gets. I'll give you a brief summary and if you get even more interested go check out Wikipedia or even watch it yourself.

.Hack//Sign is about a Japanese MMO called The World. In it people can create characters and interact with each other (much like in World of Warcraft, Everquest, Guild Wars, etc.) via headsets that project what you see in the game directly to your eyes and ears. One such player called "Tsukasa" is a very introverted player who seems to be in the game just to kill time and escape the real world. One day as Tsukasa is going through a dungeon he opens a chest containing an item called "The Key of the Twilight" and then finds he can no longer log-out of the game, in fact he can't even remove his headset. His mind has literally been downloaded into the game which poses a problem if he finds himself in a battle. Data can't die, but Tsukasa can. Throughout the series he attempts to figure out why he's stuck in The World and how he can get out alive. At the same time other players have heard rumors about The Key and are hard at work finding it through whatever means necessary.

Now not only does this show combine my love for anime with video games but it's key selling point was the music. .Hack//Sign has such an evocative scoring that you find yourself disappointed when the scene ends. But then it moves on to another equally amazing song and you find yourself humming the tune days later. So if you enjoy the sword and spells type of Fantasy mixed with a great plot, epic music and a long franchise that helps the world of .Hack grow, then definitely give it a watch.

Check out my YouTube Channel and give me some feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackwaltz25?feature=mhee

Also come join my RP, Discordia, and let your music grant you power.
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...n-Up-Discordia
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?113483-RPG-Discordia

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information