AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most Obnoxious Anime Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Angry Most Obnoxious Anime Characters

Who do you consider to be the most obnoxious characters in anime? They can be from a series you like, or a series you do not like. He/She can be a character you hate, or one you like. For example, a character who is comically obnoxious could be one you like.

Here are my choices, in no particular order:

Excalibur from Soul Eater. Plainly drawn, and supposedly King Arthur’s legendary sword, Excalibur does get some laughs. Both Soul and Kid find seek out Excalibur hoping control his great strength as a weapon, only to find they would have to follow 1000 rules, and listen to his non-stop chatter. Obnoxious, but still a good comic character.

Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I know some call her hot. Some call her feisty. I call her nothing but a pure lady. Asuka is a complete narcissist who can find fault in everyone else, whether it is there or not. Actually, there is not a single character in NGE which I don’t dislike.

Midosuji from Yowamushi Pedal. Midosuji is the villain of the series. When it comes to bicycle racing, he plays dirty. But that’s the least of it. His long tongue hangs out of his mouth as he slobbers all over everything, he trash talks calling people by insulting names, and he calls everyone “gross,” although he is one of the most gross characters in anime history.

Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece. I did give One Piece a chance. I sat through about 8 episodes before I turned it off for good. Why did I not like the series? Because the main character was stupidly obnoxious. As they can’t kill off the main character in a long anime, I figure nothing would happen which would be worth watching.

Kon from Bleach. Here is another character who is stupidly obnoxious, but he is meant to be as comic relief. And Kon did get a laugh out of me. What makes him really obnoxious though is the way he hits on Orihime and Rukia. What is the sense of that, Kon? You’re a stuffed lion! What can you do?

Ren from Big Windup. I liked this series. Ren is a high school pitcher who doubts his talent, until a female coach and a new catcher recognize his abilities. I did root for Ren, but his wuss act did get old and irritating. That they would not let Ren grow up is the only flaw in this otherwise entertaining series.

Your turn.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Most Obnoxious Anime Characters

Sakuya from Tenchi in Tokyo. Gods I hate her...

To be fair I tend not to remember most of the anime characters I didn't like.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It doesn't have to be a character you don't like. I like Excalibur from Soul Eater. Sure he is obnoxious, but in a fun way. He gave me a few laughs.

And I didn't have to go to California.

I do like the original dub voice more than the English dub.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 01-13-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Neon Genesis Evangelion's Asuka has to be the Queen of the Obnoxious. Here she is being a lady to Rei:

Somebody slap her.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There really aren't too many Yowamushi Pedal clips featuring Midosuri. I am not surprised. He is rather sickening to look at. But he does make you want to smash his face in. In that, he does make a good villain. Midosuri is in the lavender jersey:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know I'm going to get a lot of grief on this one, but I found practically every character in One Piece to be obnoxious -- but Luffy most of all. And it wasn't the funny, comic kind of obnoxious, such as with Excalibur from Soul Eater (see above). I didn't get far in this series.

This is a "funny" scene? In which sense of the word?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Bleach's Kon is a Mod Soul inside the body of a stuffed lion, though sometimes he can take other shapes and other bodies. He is as obnoxious as any character, but still you gotta love him.

Whose going to pay for that window?
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 01-22-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Big Windup! is a pretty good sports anime, and you do cheer for the main character Ren Mihashi. Nonetheless, the wuss act does get old after a while. I found that part to be obnoxious.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

asuka from Evangelion

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member oofingberg is on a distinguished road oofingberg's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2022 03:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oofberg

Makoto Itou from school days. if theres something I absolutely despise its cheating on someone that loves and trusts you. thank god he got what he deserved in the end. I hate that piece of crap.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    asuka from Evangelion
    If anything could improve Evangelion, it's Monty Python.

I posted a Monty Python's Death Note a while back under the Fanfic section.

Quote Originally Posted by oofingberg View Post
    Makoto Itou from school days. if theres something I absolutely despise its cheating on someone that loves and trusts you. thank god he got what he deserved in the end. I hate that piece of crap.
    I haven't seen school days. Is that the one where the cheating boyfriend gets his head cut off?

Junior Member oofingberg is on a distinguished road oofingberg's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2022 03:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oofberg

yup he cheats on his girlfriend and then cheats on the girl he cheated with on his girlfriend. the girl he cheated with on his girlfriend finds out she is pregnant and he wants nothing to do with it so she stabbed him at least 20 times and later his girlfriend (now mentally unstable) kills her and cuts his head of to have him with her at all times.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information