AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats your most fond memory of AF?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Whats your most fond memory of AF?

We all have fond memories of AF (some more than others, but you get it), but I am curious what they are and why?

Mine:

- The day I moderator for Anime Globe.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

2. Likes Vincent Valentine liked this post
    TAWIM's KinKiEst buddy :3 Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine has a reputation beyond repute Vincent Valentine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2017 09:39 AM
    Threads

Wink Re: Whats your most fond memory of AF?

For myself, it would be wasting(?) a huge chunk of my adolescent years on the chatrooms here. I still recall a few names that I stayed in touch with for a period of years, but as time marches on, people simply vanish from one's awareness through no fault of either party involved. It's simply the transience of online connections – You make "friends" that you assume you'll be talking to forever, but just like reality, people grow apart and move on. I still find it quite poignantly sad, regardless.

As far as the chatrooms went, I think it was the emotional depth and connections people made that make it a curiosity piece for me nowadays. Stuff like clans, marriages & families and the likes. I recall being "married" to a member of a "clan" and all the drama that went with it – Like, people getting angry at me for "cheating" on my virtual bride, and wanting to have a roleplay text fight on a chatroom over it.

Okay, that last part? Utterly retarded, but I have never experienced something like that online ever since. I have text roleplayed online on-and-off in various places since those days, and I still do, yet the general consensus is fantasy =/= reality.

The chatroom back then blurred the lines between roleplaying and reality to an extent that it felt like you were actively participating in a stage play every single time you logged in. Sure, sometimes people just spoke about arbitrary day-to-day things and hobbies, but it inevitably took a turn for the edgelord.

I knew the site as "Tuxedo Mask", but discussion of Sailor Moon was virtually non-existent.

I was on chat more than the forum, but I still recall dipping in and out of here sporadically. I remember the excess amounts of: "What song are you listening to?" type of topics that flooded most every forum back then, and people who would make signatures and avatars as requests for users. I know this was a little later, but I also recall the Chii-chan bot and the "You have a secret admirer!" thing.

Sure, my post is all over the place – Just a lot of fond memories, I guess.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Whats your most fond memory of AF?

Vampire Hunter F. lol

I can still hear the whooshing sounds today. XD

Thanks @Lysander Cyric Korvein and @Jakiao for keeping this old memory around.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

5. Likes Vincent Valentine liked this post
    Senior Member Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo is infamous around these parts Galleo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2019 10:09 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When all of the Galleo fans on here showered me with their love and respect. I remember when they were so funny and playful, calling me sweet words like troll.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

When it was active.

8. Likes .Sev, CapnJack, Zainox liked this post
    AF Lurker Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox has a reputation beyond repute Zainox's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Snowman Hedgehog Pocky
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Zainox-

I liked just logging in every day and having people to chill and chat with that shared my interests. I didn't have that in the "real world". I appreciated feeling excepted within a community, where a lot of others would just troll and crap on noobies (or so I found). I would spend hours in a day just talking with people. It was nice.

I was also a post {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}. I found too much enjoyment in watching my post count.
    Last edited by Zainox; 02-03-2017 at 05:09 PM.

MY ANIME-PLANET WATCH LIST

AF FAMILY
    Astral_Mage - Younger Brother/Confetti Brother
    horrendous - Older Brother
    1nterest1ng - Confetti Brother

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

That would have to be the constant flow of SOTM and BGOTM art contests and all the amazing and unique entries. Even if I only entered one, and didn't win, I enjoyed looking at all the designs, friendly competition, and positive critiquing.

When there wasn't any drama going on in the chatrooms, everyone had a good time; even during the middle of the night (US). I do miss Gir and playing BlackJack a bit.

I found myself to be fond of the serious discussions that went on in Misc. When people were acting civil, but still staying argumentative, posts rolled in frequently and there was always something to stay interested in reading.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eris and myself, were the greatest combo that kept this site alive through 2008-2011.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Member Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo is infamous around these parts Shamo's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2017 07:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

None.

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

probably something ugly.ted posted. He was the only funny person here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information