AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 小さい問題がありますよ

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Kitsunay is on a distinguished road Kitsunay's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2013 11:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default 小さい問題がありますよ

こんにちは、AnimeLyrics.comの皆さん!長い時で一人で日本語を勉強しました。今までは、知 ったことがあふれていて問題をたくさん解いたけど、またの問題がありました。この問題は、動詞のテ形につい てです。動詞のテ形は、どんな使いがありますか?よくわかっている、でも、何で次の言葉は英語へ翻訳してい るのが係わるか?

Hello everyone at AnimeLyrics.com! I've studied japanese alone for a long time. Since then, I've learned tons of things and solved many of my questions, but there is one other I've had. This one pertains to the -te form of a verb. How is it used? I know the -te form well, but, how does it affect the translation of the next word? Most of all though, does it only affect the word that follows, or the entire sentence. For the most part, it seems to make a clause, but that's only from my experience in reading japanese. I am by no means a master.

Speaking of which, if my japanese above has any mistakes, feel free to correct them or suggest alternatives, as I rarely have the opportunity to practice my writing due to lack of things to practice them on. Admittedly though, my skill at stringing sentences together has improved a lot from back when 'です' was my main course, and the gobi were my seasonings.
    Last edited by Kitsunay; 01-06-2013 at 05:53 PM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default Re: 小さい問題がありますよ

-te form is kinda tricky, especially in lyrics where sentence order could be here and there.

In prose, if you encounter -te form it should be a verb conjugate. In speech, it's the weak/feminine imperative.
    Trouble is, in lyrics both are equally applicable.

...so that you know where you can find me

3. Likes Circuitry liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Kitsunay is on a distinguished road Kitsunay's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2013 11:48 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: 小さい問題がありますよ

Ah, thanks Azure. It is pretty tricky, because it allows some really complex grammar that's easy to understand by context, but difficult to capture with english. Nonetheless, I wasn't aware it could be used as a more feminine imperative; I just thought it was a simplified kudasai sentence and didn't really have any connotation beyond that. It will certainly help in my future translations.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information