AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kimetsu no Yaiba review

Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Default Kimetsu no Yaiba review

Hey everybody it's me again with one of those review deal-ios. I'm just banging them out over here. Don't mind me.

Looks:
    9.99/10 - jeezus this show looks good. I'd give it 10/10 but I'm trying to make a point out of not giving anything a truly perfect score unless I really think it's PERFECT. But really, this show LOOKS AMAZING, ESPECIALLY considering it's CGI in a time where anime CGI is just...so...not good.

Story:
    8/10 - overall, it's interesting enough. Seems very "Mary Sue" with the main character but that's ok. A little awkward in some parts but the story is unique enough. Still feeling invested 5 episodes in.

Characters:
    7/10 - like I said, the main character is very "Mary Sue" to me. I can see other viewers really liking the characters but they're just pretty... eh... to me.

Overall:
    8.5/10 - I think this show is worth watching for the visuals alone. Add in a pretty unique story and characters you won't necessarily hate and I definitely this is a must watch of the season.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba review

I think your reviews would be a lot more helpful if you explained a bit more. My three questions are:
    1. What is this show about?
    2. What did you expect before watching it? (Perhaps reasons why you chose to watch it)
    3. How does it compare to your expectations after having watched it?

I suppose that may be more effort than you intended for these reviews. When I look at Rotten Tomatoes they just put good/bad and some snarky comment about the movie, so technically there are very few requirements for something to be considered a review.

3. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba review

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    I think your reviews would be a lot more helpful if you explained a bit more. My three questions are:
    1. What is this show about?
    2. What did you expect before watching it? (Perhaps reasons why you chose to watch it)
    3. How does it compare to your expectations after having watched it?

I suppose that may be more effort than you intended for these reviews. When I look at Rotten Tomatoes they just put good/bad and some snarky comment about the movie, so technically there are very few requirements for something to be considered a review.
    Not at all! Thanks for the comment and questions. I'll start adding a paragraph going over what the show is about without any spoilers to my reviews. Great idea!

1. This show is about a boy who loses most of his family to a demon. His only remaining family member is his sister but she's turned into a demon herself. A demon hunter takes interest in their relationship and starts them on the path for the boy to become a demon hunter himself so that he can protect both himself and his sister while he tries to find a way to cure her.

2. My husband picked this show up and wanted us to watch it together. At first I thought it was Dororo, which I had read about and determined wasn't interesting to me, so I really didn't have high expectations going in.

3. Since it turned out this show isn't what I was expecting in the first place I decided to give it a chance and that's where the rest of my review comes in.

5. Thanks Wio thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information