AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2013 AnimeLyrics.com Awards

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default The 2013 AnimeLyrics.com Awards

It's time once again for the AnimeLyrics Awards 2013!

It's been yet another slow year for translations all except the wonderful NaAniTraMo last month, but still we have a few aspiring translators out and about so to them, keep up the good work and don't forget to go to LD if you get stuck!

Anyway, I'll reveal the Bronze Medal recipient right now.

As recognition for all these years and also my personal gratitude of taking back responsibility in the area that only you can manage even though the gap had been so long, I would like to present this AnimeLyrics Bronze Medal to our returning Dancemania section admin:

@LockeVanish

Congratulations. Locke-sempai handled the Dancemania section in the old AL and this year had offered to continue the role after long last.

Come back in a few days for the announcement of the Silver Award winner!

...so that you know where you can find me

2. Likes Kaitou Ace liked this post
    紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Default Re: The 2013 AnimeLyrics.com Awards

Announcing the 2013 AnimeLyrics.com Silver Medal winner.

She has long been a steady contributor to the website, and may be the first translator regular that did not come from the old AL. Her prowess in translation covers all areas including the almost-impossible Aki Hata's Motteke! Sailor Fuku. It's mind-boggling why she has not been given an award for so long but this year, joint-winning the challenge has finally made it convincing.

The winner for the 2013 AnimeLyrics Silver Award goes to:

@Rizuchan

Congratulations. Rizuchan has contributed so many songs that are of the anime mainstream and runs her own lyrics website. I'm sure most anime fans around the world have read and enjoyed her translations, from Hetalia all the way to Key stuff.

Join us next time for the Gold Award and Translator of the Year!
    Last edited by AzureDark; 12-19-2013 at 07:02 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    LockeVanish is on a distinguished road LockeVanish's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2013 02:00 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LockeVanish PSN ID: LockeVanish

Thank you for your kind words! I've loved this site for a long time now, so I'm happy I can contribute in some way. It certainly is a bonus to be appreciated back too, so thank you for that.

Congrats to Rizuchan also. This site thrives from the work of translators, so your award is much deserved.

5. Likes AzureDark liked this post
    紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Just an announcement to make before we proceed: @animeyay got hitched last weekend, congratulations and hope you enjoy your married life and may it last for ever.

Announcing the 2013 AnimeLyrics.com Gold Medal winner and thus Translator of the Year!

She has been active with lyrics work for even before the new AL started and her linguistic skills are unmatched with most, as evident in her submissions of non-Japanese songs. She has a broad taste of world music but even then, has space to listen to I've Sound which makes her an important peer to me. Yet, it is a great shame that her outstanding service to anime song lyrics hasn't been recognised for so long despite the consistent quality in her translations and even the sheer genius in just doing stuff even though it was ages before her last piece of work. Indeed, she is the only one who has completed the AL Challenge three times in a row.

Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the 2013 AnimeLyrics Gold Award and Translator of the Year '13 goes to:

@bluepenguin

Congratulations bp, we all saw it coming maybe but if there's someone who deserves it, it's one who can translate a whole Sound Horizon album in that short space of time.

That concludes the award-giving for this year but hold up, we may have some developments soon, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by AzureDark; 12-26-2013 at 06:13 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Thank you so much! I'm glad I can continue to contribute to this site, even though I don't have as much free time now as I did when I started out (which was, yikes, about ten years ago?!). Speaking of which, I still need to get on top of corrections for my NaAniTraMo songs. It will happen, I promise!

Congrats to @LockeVanish (it's good to see you back, Locke!) and @Rizuchan ! And I wish @animeyay many years of married happiness.

8. Likes AzureDark, LockeVanish liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

Sorry, I've been putting off posting because I was too flustered to know what to say. x.x But I'll try - thank you so much for the award! It means a lot to me. And I'll keep working to get better and better!

Congratulations, @bluepenguin and @LockeVanish , and of course to @animeyay on your marriage!

10. Likes AzureDark, LockeVanish liked this post
    紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Now here's the announcement I was hinting in this thread~

We have a new admin! Congratulations on your promotion, @bluepenguin !

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Thank you! Sorry it took me so long to respond to this; I've had a bit of a busy week. But anyway, I'm honored to be joining the AL.com admin team and I look forward to working with all the current admins!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information