AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II

As many know by now, J.K. Rowling is coming out with an eight book for the Harry Potter Franchise. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II is co-authored by J.K. with playwrights Jack Thorne and John Tiffany. In fact, the story itself is all just a play based on the Series, roughly 19 years after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and the book itself is actually just the script for the play itself (presumably re-written out of the play format and into a more novel one). According to Wikipedia, there will be a First Edition, Special Rehearsal Edition, and Definitive Collector’s Edition of the book to be published.

There is no word on a movie being produced on this yet, but I would expect someone to attempt to approach the idea, though they may have to use different actors due to age issues.

So, any excited Potterheads out there?

P.S.: I went ahead and deleted Clayton_n's pic dump thread and made a proper one for the topic.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 02-15-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Well, if it's true, I'd certainly be happy about it. I actually just finished a binge watch of all the previous movies lol

But yeah, it would be fun for a new book to come out. A lot of people got overtly emotional when the seventh book was released xD So a new one would definitely be interesting. I currently own the whole book series, including the one that's being made into a movie this year(?), so it'll be cool for more books to come out.

I can definitely see them using new actors, since the old ones were already looking too old by the sixth movie lol
    Last edited by Holocast; 02-15-2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Slight edit to make sense by.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hey, @Holocast , I went ahead and moved your post from the old thread to this new one so you can kept the already made post when I trash that thread. I also struck out the beginning as it no longer applies. XD But feel free to re-edit that if you want, and however you want.

Also, Moving this to Literature so that @Kleio and @Fabala can rave about it in their section. ;P
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 02-15-2016 at 03:42 PM.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

4. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II

If I remember what I heard correctly then the drop date is July 31, 2016 which would be HP's BDay. And I think that there will be a movie made for this, but give it a couple years for Part II to finish out, and by that time Good ol HP should be old enough to give a lil make-up and they will be working. I mean if they can Animate Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the HG Movies then they can animate an older Potter for sure.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, the confirmed drop date is July 31st, 2016, and the Play's first performance is on the 30th, the day prior.

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So if that is only Part I it is safe to say that she is still writing Part II. Which if that is true it might be a year or two before then, and if Hollywood is smart or at least Warner Bro's then they would wait for the finished product, and will probably turn it into 4 movies.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1nterest1ng View Post
    So if that is only Part I it is safe to say that she is still writing Part II. Which if that is true it might be a year or two before then, and if Hollywood is smart or at least Warner Bro's then they would wait for the finished product, and will probably turn it into 4 movies.
    So far, everything I've read indicates that it will be both 1 and 2 together when released.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh well we all know what can be done with 1 small book Not saying any hollywood movies Hobbit

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lol yeah, but The Hobbit was no small story either. But being that it's already a play I assume they'll only break it down to two movies (one per part) or make it one whole long movie.

Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Lol yeah, but The Hobbit was no small story either. But being that it's already a play I assume they'll only break it down to two movies (one per part) or make it one whole long movie.
    Don't let Hollywood lead you astray. They will probably make 6 movies out of both parts.

12. Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    The Black Swordsman Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito has a reputation beyond repute Kirito's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Soras Keyblade Mario ZStar Autobots
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2019 02:22 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrain Steam ID: Discade

*Excitement Intensifies*
    "Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a million, a conqueror. Kill them all, a god."

Xbox Live: Thrain
    MyAnimeList: iRhya

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

I keep picturing Rowling rolling around in a huge pile of money and laughing maniacally.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member mynamebilalzahid is on a distinguished road mynamebilalzahid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2016 12:18 AM
    Threads

emmmmmmmm, if this is true then i will really really be happy for this. :-D

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It should be out shortly. I ordered my copy at the library. I'm not paying until I know if it's good.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Best thing for the movie-makers to do now is make this movie CGI, because I really can't see a Harry Potter movie without Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, or Rupert Grint starring in it. I'm already not pleased that Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (2016) won't do a flash forward to the future, showing theatergoers how Harry and the gang are doing. (Don't quote me on that; I heard in a Daniel Radcliffe interview that he probably won't be in the film). That aside, I will partly enjoy FBAWTFT, however, since it's in the HP universe after all.
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 06-16-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Junior Member KatyRet is on a distinguished road KatyRet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2016 09:34 AM
    Threads

I can't see a Harry Potter without Daniel Radcliffe too

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

he's old enough for the role

Anyway the book was a little off since JK didn't write it herself, but not too bad for a time travel story.

I really hope they do the right thing and kill Voldemort's daughter, rather than wait fo other dark wizards to rally around her once her identity is revealed. I'd be like "Yeah... we had her tied up and then she fell down some stairs. Time travel.... what can you do?"

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I read the book, or script, and I thought . . . um, Harry Potter gets treated like sh- by his own child. That should really happen when the kid's a teenager. Two: there isn't really a "cursed child" in this. Or it could be that Albus is the son of the most famous wizard in the magical world, which could be a blessing or a "curse." I liked Malfoy's son, Scorpius, Albus's best friend. I won't spoil anything else, but the plot was solid and the dialogue flowed well. The big shocker is _______________. See? Told you I wouldn't post spoilers! lol

Junior Member sonmocviet is on a distinguished road sonmocviet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2016 02:43 AM
    Threads

I mean if they can Animate Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the HG Movies then they can animate an older Potter for sure.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Better make this one a cartoon because riots will start if Daniel Radcliffe doesn't play the adult Harry Potter in the movie (assuming there'll be one) version. Plus, what luck! Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is a 5-part movie series. They should film 'Cursed Child' after that with Daniel, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, and Tom Felton reprising their roles, among others. I would be so excited to see that!! xD
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 01-30-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Member comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar is a splendid one to behold comprar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2017 08:25 AM
    Threads

I mean if they can Animate Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the HG Movies then they can animate an older Potter for sure.
    Last edited by comprar; 01-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

I'm waiting for Harry Potter and the Virgin Sacrifice.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Or Harry Potter and the 5 'o Clock Shadow!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information