AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The most violent animes you've ever seen

Member Skywalker1982 is on a distinguished road Skywalker1982's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2017 05:12 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: The most violent animes you've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuke View Post
    those're fine, i've seen them all several dozen times over. for me, Anime is mostly long since become a cutesy escape from the harsh realities of, well, Reality.

that in mind, one can understand why i say i'm not particularly fond of "Manime" though such entries can be an enjoyable occasional change of pace,
    especially if it's an old 80's or early-90's property, but by and large, however, Anime for me is, ideally, sweet, cute women doing sweet, cute things in a sweet, cute life...
    What about manly anime like Fist of the North star the Movie and Ninja Scroll?

Senior Member Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame has a reputation beyond repute Teru Murasame's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Black Beauty LesPauls AK47
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2019 09:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Teru_Murasame Steam ID: The_Human_Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker1982 View Post
    What about manly anime like Fist of the North star the Movie and Ninja Scroll?
    I believe he already answered that question when he said he's not fond of "Manime".

This is the life we chose, the life we lead... and there is only one guarantee: None of us will see Heaven

Let's start with a bullet

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i'm not overly fond of it... but i WILL give it a chance.

i haven't had the opportunity to see NINJA SCROLL, but i've seen the MANGA VIDEO trailers, and it looks good,
    for anyone fond of feudal-era Japanese culture. perhaps i'll find a copy at the thrift one of these days or something.

i found two of the three parts of the old U.S. RENDITIONS "THE GUYVER" at the thrift recently.
    it was laughably stupid overall, but that's just me i suppose.

seen M.D. GEIST a couple times, once, 15 years ago, rented from the BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO i used to have around locally,
    once more much more recently, after finding the very same U.S. MANGA CORPS edition at the thrift.
    nice mechanical design, but, again, generally Stupid overall.

i recall seeing FIST OF THE NORTH STAR once back in the mid-90's when i was staying over at my grandma's,
    we rented a bunch of anime from her local HOLLYWOOD VIDEO, AKIRA, GOLGO 13. FIST OF THE NORTH STAR, GENOCYBER,
    and perhaps something else i don't recall.

i don't recall particularly enjoying any of it, but then again, i was a narrow-minded Mecha-head back then.
    BUBBLEGUM CRISIS, MACROSS, GUNDAM, MADOX-01, PATLABOR and the like are much more my speed overall.

now, i AMmuch more open-minded these days, but i still love my Mecha, and my Cute, Sunny Anime Girls even more,
    so i figure there's still a good chance that that would continue to conspire to color my judgement on "Manime" in general.

quirky, oft-adolescent Masculine Power-Fantasies can be fun, and most certainly have their place,
    but i an assure anyone they are quite distant from what i would consider my personal main draw among Anime's great many genres...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 02-07-2016 at 11:03 AM.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Bersek is definitely another one of my more favorite anime, and I also just finished Deadman Wonderland, which is pretty darn violent.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuke View Post
    i'm not overly fond of it... but i WILL give it a chance.

i haven't had the opportunity to see NINJA SCROLL, but i've seen the MANGA VIDEO trailers, and it looks good,
    for anyone fond of feudal-era Japanese culture. perhaps i'll find a copy at the thrift one of these days or something.

i found two of the three parts of the old U.S. RENDITIONS "THE GUYVER" at the thrift recently.
    it was laughably stupid overall, but that's just me i suppose.

seen M.D. GEIST a couple times, once, 15 years ago, rented from the BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO i used to have around locally,
    once more much more recently, after finding the very same U.S. MANGA CORPS edition at the thrift.
    nice mechanical design, but, again, generally Stupid overall.

i recall seeing FIST OF THE NORTH STAR once back in the mid-90's when i was staying over at my grandma's,
    we rented a bunch of anime from her local HOLLYWOOD VIDEO, AKIRA, GOLGO 13. FIST OF THE NORTH STAR, GENOCYBER,
    and perhaps something else i don't recall.

i don't recall particularly enjoying any of it, but then again, i was a narrow-minded Mecha-head back then.
    BUBBLEGUM CRISIS, MACROSS, GUNDAM, MADOX-01, PATLABOR and the like are much more my speed overall.

now, i AMmuch more open-minded these days, but i still love my Mecha, and my Cute, Sunny Anime Girls even more,
    so i figure there's still a good chance that that would continue to conspire to color my judgement on "Manime" in general.

quirky, oft-adolescent Masculine Power-Fantasies can be fun, and most certainly have their place,
    but i an assure anyone they are quite distant from what i would consider my personal main draw among Anime's great many genres...
    Go see Ninja Scroll if you want a cool sleek and fun fantasy adventure if you like fantasy anime.

Seen Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Wicked City?

れいなだよ Reina is just really nice Reina is just really nice Reina is just really nice Reina is just really nice Reina's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Compass Haruhi Sos Dan Gurren Yoko Brooch
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2023 02:14 AM
    Threads

I have seen a fair amount of violent anime but the one I remembered the most was Elfen Lied, probably because it was my first.

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker1982 View Post
    Seen Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Wicked City?
    seen AKIRA once, back in the mid-90's. have the STREAMLINE VIDEO COMICS VHS, -again, found at a thrift-
    and haven't gotten around to watching it again.

never heard of "WICKED CITY" i've got GHOST IN THE SHELL on Laserdisc, got it in a LD Anime Lot years ago,
    only JUST got around to watching it for the FIRST TIME a couple months back. it was O.K. animation was good,
    story so-so. all in all, typical Pretentious MAMORU OSHII, with his usual emphasis on accurate, detailed scenery shots...

Junior Member melissakay is just really nice melissakay is just really nice melissakay is just really nice melissakay is just really nice melissakay's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2016 08:31 PM
    Threads

BloodC and Another.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What about Golgo 13 The Professional?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information