AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: no, no, no, JUST NO!

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: no, no, no, JUST NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Lmao, Korra is the first. Right. Oh hey, look at this, a list of LGBT characters in shows, a lot of American childrens shows too!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...GBT_characters

One of the oldest? The Simpsons. Hell, Marge's sister came out as gay and no one cared.
    And the Simpsons aimed at kids though, so that's more excusable. It's a more adult cartoon (I don't mean like hentai, I mean more mature humor, etc, stuff kid's wouldn't get, and in some cases somewhat not kid-friendly).

In fact, most of these on the list are either Japanese anime shows, or if they are western cartoons, they are mostly more mature cartoons (like one is on MTV, which doesn't have kids shows), or they are kids shows based on comics (where said comics aren't exactly kid-friendly) and these cartoons don't reference any LGBT traits of characters that were LGBT in the comics they were based on (for example, in XMen Evolution, Mystique who has a lesbian partner in the comics, in the TV cartoon this same character is just Mystique's best friend, nothing romantic/sexual). In fact, Korra is the ONLY cartoon on the list that was actually a children's cartoon that actually has an officially gay character.
    Last edited by Animedude5555; 12-29-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    It is not a Christian viewpoint to be accepting of homosexuality. Any Christian who claims to be accepting of homosexuality, has clearly not read the verses in the Bible that describe homosexuality as being a sin. Christians are not supposed to "hate on" people, but they also aren't supposed to treat a sin as if it's ok. Because sin is NOT ok. That is why I can't accept a TV show as ok, if it condones a lifestyle that I as a Christian realize that the Bible condemns as sinful. And I CERTAINLY can't accept such a show as ok, if it is aimed at CHILDREN. Children are the ones we must protect the most from sin.
    To be honest the Bible tells us to be a lot like Jesus in how we are. So on that note I want you to read a scripture:

MARK 2:14-17 READS:

14As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting in the tax booth, and He said to him, “Follow Me!” And he got up and followed Him. 15And it happened that He was reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were dining with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many of them, and they were following Him. 16When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, “Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?” 17And hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

The Bible does not call us to be hateful or judge others but to invite them into our home so that they can see the love of Christ through us and we can be an example to them, and hope and pray that they will be saved is all. I don't think you can throw Christianity and believe that anyone is a heretic based on them being "OK" with homosexuality. It happens build a bridge and get over it man. Write a letter to your congress if you are really that upset about it.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

And the Simpsons aimed at kids though, so that's more excusable. It's a more adult cartoon (I don't mean like hentai, I mean more mature humor, etc, stuff kid's wouldn't get, and in some cases somewhat not kid-friendly).

In fact, most of these on the list are either Japanese anime shows, or if they are western cartoons, they are mostly more mature cartoons (like one is on MTV, which doesn't have kids shows), or they are kids shows based on comics (where said comics aren't exactly kid-friendly) and these cartoons don't reference any LGBT traits of characters that were LGBT in the comics they were based on (for example, in XMen Evolution, Mystique who has a lesbian partner in the comics, in the TV cartoon this same character is just Mystique's best friend, nothing romantic/sexual). In fact, Korra is the ONLY cartoon on the list that was actually a children's cartoon that actually has an officially gay character.
    I was watching Simpsons as a kid. Simpsons rating for the bulk of their episodes? TV-PG. Korra, last I checked was either TV Y7 or TV 14.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

I don't remember the scene you speak of,
    Well isn't that convenient?

but in no other cartoon for kids has there ever been a director who's come out (or anything else to make it official/canon) and said that they intended their characters to be homo or bi. The Legend of Korra is the FIRST such American childrens' cartoon to have such content that has been confirmed by anyone associated with its production.
    That's why we're loving this. It's the first of hopefully many to come... like MLP!

Just out of curiosity how many children's cartoon directors have come out and said their characters were 100% straight?

Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 12-31-2014 at 03:54 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

For real. How often does Bugs Bunny dress in drag? A lot.

You know, kids shows

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay enough teasing, I'm serious here. The thing is the rest of us know something that we don't even need to put into words, so nobody has explained it to the people who haven't figured it out yet. Allow me.

Yes, cartoons can turn people gay.

NO, it doesn't have to do with gay characters. No more than you've been turned gay when you've seen it yourself. If it worked like that then the fans of Spongebob Squarepants would be the entire gay pride parade all by themselves.

Heck people were saying Korra was a lesbian before the show even aired! We had one pic of her and the information that she was the next Avatar and people immediately shipped her with Yue months before the series started.

See what you have to understand is that while Korra and Asami are probably near the top of the list of animated characters that could turn a girl gay, it has NOTHING to do with the fact that they themselves are a couple. Those two were being shipped while each of them was actually dating Mako in the show. Made no difference.

For example when Ellen came out on her show she did an episode where she ran into an old boyfriend. She told him she was gay and he asked her if he was the one to turn her gay.

Ellen: Not unless you played Catwoman in the old Batman TV series

Now was Catwoman gay? Well maybe but certainly not until after the 90's. The point is that she wore a skin tight outfit, carried a whip, and purred at people while looking darn sexy. Possibly while fighting Batgirl in hand to hand combat.

You see girls will not turn gay because Korra and Asami are dating. They will turn gay because Korra is a mocha skinned beauty with a pretty face, nice boobs, a bare midriff with a six pack, a great personality, and because she's a freaking super hero.

They'll turn gay because Asami is a pale skinned goddess with full red lips, a great body, nice breasts, a tight leather outfit, and a race car.

There are straight women who would give these two a tumble.

The point being that while them being a couple is gravy, the thing that turns girls into lesbians is seeing hot sexy women. Often in cartoons wearing skin tight outfits. Jessica Rabbit is actually married and she's probably turned more girls gay than any actual lesbian cartoon character. You don't get the same reaction with say Patty from the Simpsons do you?

I'm sure it works on some guys too, like when He-man and Thundercats were on TV.

Saying that them actually being gay causes it is kinda crazy.

If gays get married, the institution of marriage will be destroyed! Societies will crumble, rivers will run with blood. Nazis will once again ride on dinosaurs!

Last edited by Clayton_n; 12-30-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

@Clayton_n such logic. Mind = Blown!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You didn't already know this? I thought we were all stringing AnimeDude along.

Seriously guys look at pretty girls and get turned on.
    Girls look at hot guys and get turned on.
    Some girls look at pretty girls and get turned on.
    Some boys look at hot guys and get turned on.
    A few of them like ugly butch types too.

That's how it works. That's how cartoons can turn you gay, just like anything else.

The fact that Korra and Asami were both gorgeous from the beginning had boys and girls shipping them from about 3 seconds after Asami first showed up. It had nothing to do with personality, choosing to be gay, or the like. They are attractive. That's it. They're cartoon characters for crying out loud. Completely fictional unless you've got someone dressed up as them.

They have no hormones because they are ink and paint and do not exist in this world. They only do what the men and women who draw and voice them want them to and have no personal interest in turning anyone into anything.

There is video of the voice actors saying they shipped those two from several seasons back.

It takes hours to draw, color and place every cell of an animated show and they have to copy them out multiple times. They do not do these things by accident.

Like when Toph "accidentally" kissed Suki.

Or as Korra would say, "I'm a lesbian! Deal with it!"
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 12-31-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Well now that the stupidity as come full circle. I think I'll close this thread and let y'all argue it further in your blogs and fanfics.

Also, VG. Jesus's message to the people was "Love thy neighbor". He never said how. -rimshot and a wink.-
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

10. Likes Ωmega liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information