AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm a very picky Anime Fan -- Need Help

Junior Member Kuuna is on a distinguished road Kuuna's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2013 04:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I'm a very picky Anime Fan -- Need Help

Let me start off by saying something you will gather by the time you finish reading this. I am a very picky person when it comes to anime.

I currently need help finding a good anime that is more or less based along the lines or similar to that of my top 3 favorite ones
    1) Yu Yu Hakusho
    2) Bleach
    3) Full Metal Alchemist

(I know this is a very common top 3 list, but I haven't been too adversed with anime yet, but want to get into it more so in the manners listed below if possible)

I love these anime because you can really get involved with the main character and even with the side characters. The story is extremely well written for each of these in my opinion. The action is great and creative, they all have special powers and fight in creative manners. I am right now on episode 278 of Bleach. I hate filler arc when I am so encased in the main story. I skipped the filler arc seasons (not including the Bount season or the Past season, I watched them) but will revisit them once I finish the main story line. I also dislike watching in japanese dub essentially because I'm too lazy to read the text quickly and it distracts me (I have terrible ADHD), so I prefer stories that are dubbed and (wishful thinking) that they are completely dubbed beginning to end, unlike Bleach. Once I watch episode 282 I will have to wait a week for each episode...

I like sword fighting (Bleach), individually based super powers (Yu Yu), and abilities that challenge the mind and also work individually (FMA). I need to be enveloped with the characters and their mission, the story has to be riveting.

My question to you is can you help me find a few new animes that fall within these lines or along these lines that you believe I would love. Please help, anime is amazing and I want to continue watching it. Maybe even something a little different than these but has an amazing storyline to it, to kind of spread my horizons.

Thank you in advance ^_^ I will be checking back every so often for replies.

Senior Member AnimeIsGoodForYou is on a distinguished road AnimeIsGoodForYou's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2013 01:06 PM
    in front of the laptop with the missing z key
    Threads

Default Re: I'm a very picky Anime Fan -- Need Help

ive been meaning to watch Yu Yu Hakusho again thanks for reminding me.
    oh and have you watched both fma and fma brotherhood? imo brotherhood is better

also i can post my list of animes if you want to see any of those as those 3 are also great animes as i see them
    Last edited by AnimeIsGoodForYou; 03-12-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Sounds like you like shounen so it seems obvious to recommend One Piece, Naruto and Fairy Tail. I would recommend One Piece first and foremost, then Naruto and then Fairy Tail.

Death Note is not a shounen but it is story and character driven, it contains mind games because the characters are smart as heck. Samurai Champloo has swords which im sure is evident in its name lol. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Hellsing Ultimate.

You can read up on these shows online more if you want, honestly there's just so much to recommend its hard to say, im sure this is enough for now.

Junior Member Kuuna is on a distinguished road Kuuna's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2013 04:33 PM
    Threads

Thank you for your replies. I will check them out, I have heard good things about One Piece and Death Note.

The reason I have not given Naruto a try yet is because I hear it is extremely filler arc bloated. I can't stand that -.-u

Yu Yu Hakusho is definitely my all time favorite, I suggest it to anyone who asks my opinion on anime ^_^ I wish it would have gone on more than 4 seasons.

I have seen both FMA and FMAB. Loved them both, FMAB is definitely better I agree.

I heard Death Note is a very short series, is that correct? What exactly is it about?

Senior Member AnimeIsGoodForYou is on a distinguished road AnimeIsGoodForYou's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2013 01:06 PM
    in front of the laptop with the missing z key
    Threads

death note is about light yagami who finds a death note a book whoever's full name you wright in it dies of a heart attack unless you specify otherwise he kills off criminals and sees himself as a god of justice and gets the nickname kira i'm not gonna spoil any of the story but i defenatley recommend and its not short but its not long its a good length that wont let it get to where it seems boring and dragged out

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kuuna View Post
    Thank you for your replies. I will check them out, I have heard good things about One Piece and Death Note.

The reason I have not given Naruto a try yet is because I hear it is extremely filler arc bloated. I can't stand that -.-u

Yu Yu Hakusho is definitely my all time favorite, I suggest it to anyone who asks my opinion on anime ^_^ I wish it would have gone on more than 4 seasons.

I have seen both FMA and FMAB. Loved them both, FMAB is definitely better I agree.

I heard Death Note is a very short series, is that correct? What exactly is it about?
    Death Note is 50+ episodes, thats not short considering alot of shows are 13/24 episodes. Naruto's filler mania doesnt begin until episode 130 when the canon story takes a huge break, so that wont be a problem. If you dont like the show thats fine but dont let idiots tell you its filler bloated for a person who is just starting to watch the show, because its not.

Junior Member TROOPIE is on a distinguished road TROOPIE's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 03:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

wach kaze no stigma and buso renkin

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

and dead note is 37 episodes long

Junior Member Gumbyfair is on a distinguished road Gumbyfair's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2013 08:58 PM
    Threads

I' m not sure if it would suit your tastes, but I always recommend Nabari no Ou. It's only 26 episodes but it's amazing with an intriguing storyline and amazing characters that have great development and are not as black and white as they first appear. It's about ninjas in a modern age, so there's some cool fights and a lot of thought put into it. It has a lot of heart, so I recomend giving it a go.

I also recommend No.6 much for the same reasons. It's 11 episodes and one of my first animes so it holds special place and I think would fit your criteria of character-driven stories with a lot of development and an amazing story with some interesting twists.

Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

Maybe check out Neon Genesis Evangelion. Its a classic Anime and is as much a psychological anime as it is an action anime. Lots of character development and every episode has some new revelation or epic battle.

Junior Member KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2013 11:53 PM
    Threads

I would reccomend to you Burst Angel. It's one of my favorite series, lots of gun fights and giant robots.

Senior Member Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner has a reputation beyond repute Executioner's Avatar
    Gil
    Doh
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 11:24 AM
    Threads

Ghost Hunt
    Gantz
    Gungrave
    WitchBlade
    Nightmare Campus
    Square Of the moon
    Haibane Renmei
    Heatguy J
    Heroic Age
    Hetalia Axis Powers
    Tsubasa
    Buso Renken
    Ikki Tousen
    Le Chevalier D’Eon
    Peacemaker
    Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
    Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
    Romeo x Juliet
    Sekirei
    Shaman King
    Shattered Angels
    Slayers - The First Three Seasons (Slayers, Slayers Next, Slayers Try)
    Slayers Season 4 & 5 (Revolution/Evolution-R)
    Wordsworth
    Urotsukidoji
    Texhnolyze
    Black Blood Brothers
    Darker Than Black

.................................... I could go on forever

Member BigDangoFamily is on a distinguished road BigDangoFamily's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2014 09:02 PM
    Threads

- Naruto (So Awesome!)
    - Fairy Tail (Best anime i've ever watched!)
    - Full Metal Panic
    - D. Gray Man (Really good!)
    - Origin Spirits of the Past
    - Princess Mononoke (Not girly or anything)
    - Future Diary
    - Black Butler
    - The Slayers
    (sry if none of these work out for you)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information