AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: How do I get more replies?

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default How do I get more replies?

I posted this blog post a while back on some real cool encryption software I made.
    http://www.animeforum.com/entry.php?...ption-software
    But the problem is nobody has downloaded it, nor commented on it. Please some one tell me how to get more downloads and replies.

2. Dislikes Ranshiin, Token Black Guy disliked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: How do I get more replies?

Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

4. Thanks Ranshiin, Token Black Guy, Rei thanked for this post
    Likes Ranshiin, Rei liked this post
    (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's a troll here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. Dislikes Ranshiin, Token Black Guy disliked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Normally, we don't intentionally download viruses to our computers, nor do we care to comment on them. If you'd like to get more downloads and replies, I'm sure 4chan is more than welcome to have your input.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

8. Thanks Ranshiin, Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's NOT a virus. It really is an encryption software. It was in direct response to a news story I saw a while ago, and I decided I could do better than the idiot who thought Photoshop was good for encryption. It gave me a challenge and I believe I met it and succeeded. It is a very useful picture encryption software that can censor an entire picture or a portion of one, in a reversable manner using the correct key file and password.

Here's the text from the readme file. It explains in depth what gave me the idea for writing this software.
    Hello, this is Videogamer555, the author of this software. Lets start out with the background for what made me think about such software.

After seeing a news story a couple years ago (and more recently checking out the story online) about a pedophile who attempted to
    disguise his face using the Twirl feature of Adobe Photoshop, and how the cops succeded in just undoing it by using Photoshop and the
    same Twirl effect, but just in the opposite direction, I thought, wow what a dummy he is for thinking he could get away with this.
    Mathematically speaking it isn't a blur but rather a transformation, as the pixel locations are just shifted circularly, not actually
    destroyed. In fact, it isn't even encrypted by the twirl, just a pure transformation, which can be described mathematically. So I asked
    myself why he might have opted for simply transforming the portion of the image over his face, rather than bluring it. I could only
    think of one possible explanation. That explanation would be that the sicko wanted his fellow pedo buddies to be able to undo the
    transformation and recover the whole image including his face (maybe as a way to brag about his "accomplishments"). Unfortunately for
    him, it wasn't encrypted in any way so anybody could determine the values used in the transformation by trial and error, including the
    police. No password was needed, and the transformation was in no way randomized.

That's where my program comes in. I decided to see if it would be possible for someone with just a copy of Microsoft Visual Basic to be
    able to write an encryption/decryption program for images, and I have succeded. After you have loaded a picture file, and have selected
    the desired region of the image to encrypt, it works by first generating a set of random numbers that corespond to each pixel in the
    image, then XORing the random numbers with the pixel values, and then saving the XOR encrypted image as a PNG file. It then saves the
    coordinates of the encrypted region of the image, an AES encrypted copy of the random data (key) that was XORed into the image, and the
    SHA256 hash of the password that was used in the AES encryption, all to a key file.

When decrypting the image, the encrypted image file is loaded, and the key file is loaded, and the password used to encrypt the random
    data is typed in. After this, the password is checked against the hash, and the program will only continue if it matches. After this
    the program then decrypts the random data, and then XORs the now decrypted random data with the correct region of the image. This
    restores the original image in its entirety, which is then saved as a PNG file.

This program is very user friendly, complete with text based feedback on the state of the program, so you always know what to do next.

Credits:
    I, Videogamer555, am the program author. My home page is http://76.104.145.19/
    (alternatively you can use http://tinyurl.com/vg555/ which is my easy-to-remember redirect address)
    XnView ActiveX DLL file can be downloaded from the XnView website. The XnView homepage is http://www.xnview.com/
    The implementation of AES encryption and SHA256 hash algorithms I used are from Phil Fresle. His homepage is http://www.frez.co.uk/
    The AES encryption algorithm was invented by Joan Daemen and Vincent Rijmen.
    The SHA256 hash algorithm was developed by the National Security Agency. Their homepage is http://www.nsa.gov/
    The LZW compression used in the GIF file format and some compressed TIF files, was developed by Unisys who's website is http://www.unisys.com/unisys/
    (although technically it's no longer under patent, so I don't need a license to use it, Unisys deserves to be listed in the credits)
    The PNG file format was developed by the group who's home page is http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html
    The TGA format was developed by Truevison, for their line of graphics cards. Their home page is http://www.truevision.com/PublicSite/us/Home/
    (though they no longer make these graphics boards, those are now about two decades old, the file format still exists, though is no longer common)
    The PCX file format was developed by Z-Soft for their PC Paintbrush software. The company no longer exists.
    (the name Z-Soft is now used by a completely unrelated company)
    The GIF file format was developed by CompuServe. Their homepage is http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/menu/
    The TIF file format was developed by Aldus. They have since merged with Adobe. The Adobe homepage is http://www.adobe.com/
    The BMP file format was developed by Microsoft. Their website is http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Disclaimer:
    While I was inspired to write this program because of a news story I heard on pedophiles, I am not a pedophile, nor do I condone their
    behavior. Also this program is not targeted at pedophiles. There are many legitimate and legal reasons to hide a picture in part or in
    its entirety. If for example you have a document scanned that has personal info, but while you are afraid of hackers getting the image,
    you also don't want to delete the image, as you prefer electronic copies of your documents, then encrypting the part of the image which
    has personal info is a perfectly reasonable use of this software. If it unfortunately does make its way into the hands of perverts
    though, I am in no way legally or civily to be held liable, even in a horible event such as if that said hypothetical pedophile murders
    a child, and even if said hypothetical child may not have been murdered if it wasn't for my software having fallen into the hands of
    that pedophile. Also if you use it to encrypt personal info, and in some unforseen event that personal info is still retrieved (though
    theoretically impossible with this encryption and a good password), I am not to be held liable for any identity theft or other crime
    that may result from such hypothetical hacker getting your personal info even after it has been encrypted with this software.
    This software is provided as is, and regardles of who ends up using it, or what happens to anybody who uses it, or what happens to
    anybody who is harmed by someone else who uses it, the victim of such unfortunate events (up to and including death) may not sue me nor
    have the cops arrest me, nor may their family members, nor may their friends, nor any law enforcement or other officials, nor anybody
    else in the world. This disclaimer is not a joke, and shall be interpreted in any court to be legally binding. If any case is made
    legally or civily against me involving this software as a piece of evidence, this software shall be thrown out of the collection of
    evidence.

10. Dislikes Ranshiin, Token Black Guy disliked this post
    Pretty Girl Swag Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio has a reputation beyond repute Kleio's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Capricorn 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2017 02:00 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Corbin-Domina Steam ID: Kronus_Moon

TL;DR
    I also do not feel like catching all of the pokemon. =[

My Sun and Stars
    Moon of my life

12. Thanks Ranshiin thanked for this post
    Likes Rei liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

but you see, I have no need for it...

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

Scanned; clean. Installed to VM and works as stated. Most likely not a virus.

I cannot tell you how to get views past getting people to know you so they'll want to see your blog. I wish you the best of luck in your future programming endeavors.

Clearly this thread is not proving useful to anyone. I am closing it.
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

15. Thanks Aku no Hikari thanked for this post
    Likes Aku no Hikari liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information