AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do congressmen need a raise?

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do congressmen need a raise?

That's £107,000!!!!!!

If only they'd been MSP's when Tommy Sheridan wanted to lower their pay to £25,000 If i ever make a time machine......

Member ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 01:27 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ghostthegreat

No they shouldn't get a raise. If they actually did a great job and got this country back on track instead of arguing back and forth constantly, then maybe a raise would be an option. Otherwise, no.
    I need a new signature and I didn't know what to put, so I decided to throw this in.

Also check out my blog at http://danielkamin.wordpress.com

3. Likes Gauntlgrym liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Their salaries are nothing in comparison to campaign costs. Rather then giving them a straight salary, just put a cap on how much of their campaign financing they can spend on themselves, and let contributors pay their salary.

5. Likes Gauntlgrym liked this post
    &#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

They already make more money than the majority of America, and yet they still complain? They have power and influence over the country, they can lie and cheat and steal and easily get away with it, and yet they still complain? They tax the poor into poverty, they stretch the middle class to the point where it's almost non-existent, and they support the wealthy, just so they can turn back to the upper class later and say "I helped you earlier, now it's your turn to keep me in office so I can get richer too", and yet they still complain?

Yes, I understand that the people who make the decisions for our country are important people, but it's sad to know that our "leaders" are such schemers. They only seem to aid people when they know they'll profit from it, or when they run the risk of being voted out of office if they don't take action. They make spoiled children look generous in comparison.

"Oh dear, it looks like I can't get that 2012 Lamborghini... woe is me... oh well, I'll just tax the people who can't afford to pay higher taxes and hopefully I'll be able to get the 2013 one next year instead."

My question is, how would giving them a raise help the rest of the country? It seems like it would only help the upper class, crush the lower class, and stretch the middle class even further.

Edit:

TL;DR: I wouldn't suggest it.
    Last edited by RyuTama; 09-02-2011 at 05:18 PM.

7. Likes ghostthegreat, Gauntlgrym liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information