AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [News] The Fine Bros, Youtube, and the Internet

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default [News] The Fine Bros, Youtube, and the Internet

One of the things going around hot on the internet lately is a Youtube channel called The Fine Bros Entertainment vs. the internet.

They do "React" videos where it's like "Kids react to old game systems" Where they kind of interview the kids playing with these old outdated toys and so forth.

Apparently they tried to trademark their "react" format and the internet got up in arms about it. They lost about 1mill subscribers and counting going from 14mil to 13mil in just hours.

Allegedly they've already shut down or tried to shut down others who did similar "react" videos such as when Ellen did a segment on her show about kids reacting to old technology and they've gone after smaller channels of "elderly reacts" or a site called Buzz feed that also did react type videos. The internet is not having anymore of that.

They posted an apology video explaining their intents but it was quickly removed.

Articles if you're interested
    https://www.inverse.com/article/1090...be-subscribers

http://socialblade.com/blog/2016/fin...in-droves-1957

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast has a reputation beyond repute someoneofforumpast's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Red Dango Kill Bill Katana Shuriken
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2016 08:12 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [News] The Fine Bros, Youtube, and the Internet

Isn't there a clock that is showing their loss of subscriber at 5 second intervals?

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

I thought it was hilarious what happened.

I mean, it was for the pure act of gaining money. What else could we expect from them? Not many people are wholesome these days. The fact that they even made a website for specifically submitting react videos so people could make videos as they also took a cut of the profit was absolutely absurd. I mean, what on earth did they expect? That everyone would be on board with it? React videos have been on the internet/YouTube since the early days. They had no right to try and coin extremely general phrases like they did. It was all ridiculous and I thought it was a joke at first, honestly.

On a better note, though, I am glad they swiftly took down that website and retracted their form. If they didn't, they would have lost plenty more subscribers than 115,000.

I do enjoy their videos, I think I've seen nearly all of them. But it was a very stupid move to try and do something like this. Hopefully they can recover from this and learn not to do idiotic things like this again.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

4. Likes käwäii liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I agree; I was subscribed but I too unsubscribed. I liked their reaction videos; but I liked other peoples too. It wasn't their idea or their original content. Sure they made it popular but it was hardly anything new or ground breaking.

I also don't buy the lie of them trying to protect their channel. I think there was an example of another YouTuber who lost the rights to their channel because they had LUSH in the name and LUSH bath/cosmetic products went after them. If they wanted to protect their channel they'd have trademarked "The Fine Bros" or "Fine Bros Entertainment" Not their "react" or "react format". You can't just take an entire subsection of genre to yourself.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

6. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Junior Member SubZer0 is on a distinguished road SubZer0's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2016 04:03 PM
    Threads

I know the Greed Brothers just did this for money earning purposes.

Obviously they wanted to expand their company and their content to other countries. I mean, isn't the goal of almost every company to increase the value of their assets and grow? They have to pay their staff and themselves, just like this forum. Y'all run advertisements to earn ad revenue to pay the bills and to keep this website alive, yo! As much as I agree with the internet and their outrage about the Greed bros. I still like their content and I would dislike to see them going bankrupt. I just hate seeing someone's life getting destroyed. They produced so much entertaining content and it's truly a shame that they're getting this much hate.

Let's be honest here, most of 'em are just 12-year-olds trying to fuel the fire by raging as well and spreading the word.

ON THE OTHER SIDE, them trademarking the word "react" and pending approval of things such as "try not to smile or laugh" is just outrageous! That's just going too far and I completely disagree. Hence why I unsubscribed. I feel like they wanna create a monopoly where they're the only ones allowed to produce reaction content and so they have no competition and earn all the $$$.

Bottom line being: Unsubscribe, don't let their greed take shape and let them learn their lesson.

Guess, I'm a raging 12-year-old as well haha
    Last edited by SubZer0; 02-03-2016 at 01:39 PM.

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

I agree with you completely @SubZer0 .

But, I do think they could have been much more specific with what phrases they wanted to copyright. They wanted to actually coin the word "react" along with many other very general phrases that could extend to literally every other react video on YouTube besides their own. No one would be able to put the word react in their video title else it get taken down or share the revenue with the Fine Bros, which would take away from other user's income. I think if they would have gone with a more specific route, they would not have gotten so much hate.

I mean, one lawyer even threatened to sue them because of the generality of their application. You can't claim such a general word such as "react", which was one of many phrases they wanted rights to.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Well they tried to trademark their format. How they edit their videos with the interview process, introducing the item in question and letting the subject make comments on it and so forth. They have a specific process and if any other video used that process they'd be infringing on TFB. But I mean there really isn't much other way to make a reaction video without following the very basic format that they currently are using. Trademarks are very specific. You can only use certain words in certain context.

They wouldn't own the word react in normal situations but on videos and youtube they certainly would which knocks out any and all 'competition'.

If you want to be a businessman you can't have monopoly over stuff like that. You have to allow some type of competition. Disney may have made animation into what it is today but they didn't monopolize animation category to where only they could animate. They own their mouse but that's copyright which is something entirely different. Anyone can animate; anyone should be able to make reaction videos how they want.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

10. Likes Holocast liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, they only lost about 500,00 subs, not really 1M. They deserve to lose a lot more though, especially after trying to damage control the situation and trying to look like they were misunderstood, especially with their tone.

Obviously this is a different situation but they pulled a Microsoft (the Xbox One)—meaning it's probably going to be a bit hard to recover from this. Obviously though, just like MS, they have their cheerleaders with their poms poms and will damage control with them as well. Every company/YouTuber does, so I wouldn't be surprised if they recover, tbh. I can still see them getting massive dislikes for the rest of the month though, or even March as well. The Internet never forgets. Once you goof up, you gotta try hard to recover. Hell, I still think that Baby by Justin Bieber is getting dislikes to this day, lmao.

So many people were blinded by them and supporting this garbage. They deserve this for being greedy. One thing I disagree with the complainers is that despite they living up to their Jewish stereotype, those kind of comments were unnecessary. I hope no one goes and hurt them either, tbh. The Internet can be too crazy.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 02-03-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Junior Member käwäii is on a distinguished road käwäii's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2016 04:07 PM
    Threads

Haha, there's nothing to do but laugh. I cringed so much watching that video, and it amazes me that didn't they know any better? That this would get a huge backlash? I mean didn't they think this thing thoroughly, because maybe if they had thought about this their 'superb idea' a little more, maybe they would have abandoned it. Clearly it shows that they don't know their demographics, what their community wants and thinks about them. And the thing about taking down videos, not cool. The people have spoken, and in that sense they deserve the backlash. But not any of that crappy stuff like @Kaitou+ mentioned like the jewish stereotype thing, that's just idiotic.
    Last edited by käwäii; 02-03-2016 at 09:18 PM.

The true fan demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix has a reputation beyond repute demonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    They lost about 1mill subscribers and counting going from 14mil to 13mil in just hours.
    1 Million.....

Why don't you make that less then half a million in around a week.

This is why you should never listen to the shock jocks.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just think of how much money I could make if I copyrighted the action of breathing! You want to breathe? $20 a breath. Sorry. I invented breathing.

See also: the fine bros are greedy idiots
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information