AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggested Anime for Halloween 2017

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Suggested Anime for Halloween 2017

I remember somebody starting a thread like this last year -- about two days before Halloween. This year let's not wait until the last minute. Are there any anime series or movies you saw within the past year suitable for Halloween?

Last year I remember mentioning Monster. A Japanese doctor living in Germany is suspected of being a killer. He must go on the run to find the real psychopath, discovering the dark underbelly of Europe. No monsters or supernatural beings here. Just a real human with no morality, a talent for psychology, and a taste for death.

Also last year, I mentioned Perfect Blue. This is a great movie to show at your Halloween party. Not just a classic thriller, but a real mind f-ck with a girl about to go insane.

But this year I would like to add Ajin: Demi-Human. Immortals, a psychotic killer, and a cold, cold world. There are two seasons to this series, with a third reportedly on its way. How do you stop a homicidal maniac, who in addition to being a nice guy, can't die?

You got any?

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2019 05:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggested Anime for Halloween 2017

Well I just got done watching Corpse Party: Tortured Souls, that was good there are only four episodes an they are gory, I mean damn so violent.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Kaku Ren Bo
    Soul Eater
    Soul Taker
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagezero View Post
    Well I just got done watching Corpse Party: Tortured Souls, that was good there are only four episodes an they are gory, I mean damn so violent.
    I often find that gore and violence sometimes overtake the horror. It worked in Ajin, but it didn't work in Hellsing Ultimate. The later is a bloodfest for the sake of being a bloodfest.

But tell me more about Corpse Party.

Senior Member Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero is a splendid one to behold Blackmagezero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I often find that gore and violence sometimes overtake the horror. It worked in Ajin, but it didn't work in Hellsing Ultimate. The later is a bloodfest for the sake of being a bloodfest.

But tell me more about Corpse Party.
    Well 9 friends gather in their high school at night to bid farewell to a friend, they perform a ritual for them to remain friends forever using small paper charms shaped like dolls. However they perform it wrong and are now trapped in an alternate dimension with vengeful ghosts of the past, they have to work together to escape.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well 9 friends gather in their high school at night to bid farewell to a friend, they perform a ritual for them to remain friends forever using small paper charms shaped like dolls. However they perform it wrong and are now trapped in an alternate dimension with vengeful ghosts of the past, they have to work together to escape.
    I have to keep that one in mind. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a happy place and 10 being complete and utter anguish, how would you rate the darkness level?

Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have to keep that one in mind. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a happy place and 10 being complete and utter anguish, how would you rate the darkness level?
    Well some scenes like 4-5 some 8 and one scene in particular 10.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well some scenes like 4-5 some 8 and one scene in particular 10.
    Overall?

Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Overall?
    7 it's extremely gory and violent, the story is good for a ghost story, and the animation was great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information