AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Fighting Style you prefer!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMA

4 14.29%
  • Karate

2 7.14%
  • Aikido

1 3.57%
  • Boxing

1 3.57%
  • Judo

0 0%
  • Wrestling/Sumo

0 0%
  • MuayThai/Kickboxing

2 7.14%
  • Taekwondo

2 7.14%
  • FilipinoMartialArts (FMA-Kali,Eskrima,Arnis)

0 0%
  • Yaw-yan/Capoeira

0 0%
  • Sambo

0 0%
  • Krav Maga

3 10.71%
  • Wing Chun/Kung Fu/Tai Chi

3 10.71%
  • Jiujitsu (any)

4 14.29%
  • Others (Jeet Kune Do, Savate, Hapkido, Ninjutsu, Dim Mak,. Systema, Hisardut, Sari-an, MCMAP, Normal Street Fight)

6 21.43%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Style you prefer!

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

Default Re: Fighting Style you prefer!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Ever used krav maga?
    Why would I post about it if I haven't, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Do you want to guess what law enforcement agencies, departments, and the US military don't teach?
    I recon they donīt teach quite a lot of things. What do you mean by this?

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zilverkakashi View Post
    do you mean jeet kune do? what are the things that work for you if you want to, pls specify...

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

yep you're right Wushu is under kung fu.
    Jeet Kune Do is anything goes. If you gotta kick a dude in the nuts do that. Use any means necessary. A fight is a fight.
    Once Bruce Lee tried wrestling and he got pinned. The wrestler asked what we would do if it were a street fight and Bruce said he would bite him.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

3. Likes AnimeBboy liked this post
    Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2017 08:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    Jeet Kune Do is anything goes. If you gotta kick a dude in the nuts do that. Use any means necessary. A fight is a fight.
    Once Bruce Lee tried wrestling and he got pinned. The wrestler asked what we would do if it were a street fight and Bruce said he would bite him.
    Exactly. It's like Bruce Lee said, "When you're talking about fighting, as it is, with no rules, well then, baby you'd better train every part of your body!". He was one of the greatest martial artists and he really understood the concept of fighting.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I prefer culling.
    But I really love wing chun, kungfu, and tai chi though.

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    I'm curious where you're going with that. My understanding is that the US military teaches combatives, though not much of it, and it especially emphasizes that you ought to be using firearms for fighting (which is, of course, correct and appropriate).

Not sure about our law enforcement agencies, though they do not have much of a reputation for martial arts.
    Simple. The people who fight for a living, meaning the people who engage in actual combat against other human beings with the intent to kill or suppress them, do not use krav maga. It's a well commercialized "art" but impractical to impossible to practice - you can't use fish hooks and eye gouges on your sparring partners, nor can you break joints or limbs, so you have no idea how to actually do them correctly and may not work up the nerve to do them at all when the cards are down. Instead, they/we focus on hard takedowns, body locks, pain compliance, joint manipulation, etc. Firearms are by no means the exclusive focus of their/our training.

As for reputations... LEOs have reputations with the people we interact with. That's what matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
    Why would I post about it if I haven't, duh
    I meant in a fight. The first question that you omitted is the most important one. If you've never been in a knock-down, drag-out fight, then you really have no perspective for how the techniques you're learning really work. When 6'2", 180lb Homie, standing a body-length away, decides he really doesn't want to go where you want him to go and you find yourself with his shoulder in your gut, those kicks and punches are suddenly a lot less effective if they're effective at all. If he's got adrenaline going, pain compliance might not even work. Far more often than not, you're going to end up on the ground.

Can you fight from the ground?

Can you get him off of you? How quickly?

Does he have friends? Ground fighting is can be quite viable unless/until you're 1 vs more-than-1.

Do you have anything on your person that you can use against him? That he can use against you? Anything on him that you can use against him, or that he can use against you? The fight changes a lot when you've got to keep control of a gun or knife.

Some of the best second-hand exposure you can get to how fights go down in reality is by looking them up on YouTube, especially officer-involved fights. We don't have the option of running away, and if they're willing to fight us than they're more violent than your normal "street warrior" and can usually put on a good show (or provide good material for training vids).
    Last edited by Forgotten Show; 04-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 06:24 AM
    Threads

^ you should try training with it so you can better understand.. yes krav teaches ground fighting as well and it has no rules as well and is a pure street fight complete combat system. the first part of your post does not seem right.. history and fact will go against it.. Imi Sde-or the founder of krav maga used it many times in bratislava during war to protect the jews he and his friends used krav real time,, if you are pertaining to sodiers, they use it as well of course not as much because they hold guns (well krav also teaches fighting tactics with the use of guns and knives and other common objects) but they still use it.. krav maga is the official combat system of the IDF in Israel and they have used it in war as well for example the "six day war". and as i have said it's not the style it;'s about the person who uses it. and again, there are a lot of fraud teachers out there who wants to claim fame using fake krav maga so be wary... research before you enter a school or organization... the true krav maga is efficient,simple and effective...
    http://fiveminutecourses.com/the-isr...rger-neighbors
    Last edited by zilverkakashi; 04-12-2013 at 02:52 AM.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Martial arts are for the retarded. All I want is a military developed method of quickly killing or permanently disabling my oponents if I have to fight bare-handed. Besides that, I'm comfortable with improvising with any kind of blunt, sharp or toxic object to do the job.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

I'll reitterate the very first question I asked kumagawa: have you ever been in a fight before? Have you employed your chosen "style" in the setting it was designed for, being outside-of-the-ring, no-holds-barred street fights? Can you say from experience that what you've practiced works when crap truly hits the fan? What did you use, and what was the effect? I will be the first to say I've never used krav maga in a fight. I don't know anybody who has.

The things most useful in fights I've been in have been general principles that no one style or school of thought owns: keeping your balance, knowing a limb's range of motion, judging distance and speed, etc. In these areas, MMA is among the best way to train; bad guys are spending a lot of time trying to learn it versus any other way to fight because of how damned effective it ends up being in those knock-down, drag-out street fights they tend to get into. Boxing/kick boxing is also very effective for the same reasons.

How and why krav maga was developed doesn't have any real interest to me. The Israelis didn't win their battles and wars in hand-to-hand combat. Krav maga's reputation is purely manufactured; no conflict of note was ever decided on it. I'd wager its only claim to fame is who developed it, not its own merits; it sounds very impressive to say that such a fierce and proud people created this brutal fighting style, but watching Sam Sade get curbstomped by Ryan Delorenzo, then an IDF instructor getting the same by a UFC champ really puts some perspective on how krav maga experts fight.

I wonder if there are any videos of krav maga being used in the real world instead of in training or marketing vids...

Senior Member zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi has a brilliant future zilverkakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ whatever you believe bro, can't change that... anyway, let's get back on topic and vote and talk about our votes...

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

some blogs/articles that can help you pick a style you may want to learn:

http://listverse.com/2010/05/15/top-...-self-defense/

http://bernel.blogspot.com/2010/08/t...styles_13.html

*there are a lot more blogs and articles out there in google or yahoo with slightly different results that you can research on feel free to read them as well to be more objective.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Cool. So how was the training and how was Silat as a martial art?

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Silat is included in the OTHERS option of the Poll and other styles/arts that I forgot to include or mention..
    My training, well, I was forced to attend Silat classes because I was prefect at school. Frankly, I didn't enjoy it. I'm not much of a martial arts enthusiast, so it's to be expected. Silat as a martial art is useful though, especially for dodging attacks. It's more of counter attacks to me than offensive ones.
    I didn't do the poll because I'm not interested in martial arts, though I do know that silat is included in the others, since you showed the youtube video of silat.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Though I don't practice any, I've developed a respect for Wushu through Jet Li and his display of it and his meanings of it in his movies. Its the fluidity of the movements that intrigues me. I learned that at his level of experience, Jet Li even trains the Chinese army in Wushu. How badass is that? (Also, can something be done about the videos on page 1? Can they be trapped in spoiler tags so they can be brought up individually by the viewer? They lag the heck out of my computer. Apologizes to OP.)

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    Though I don't practice any, I've developed a respect for Wushu through Jet Li and his display of it and his meanings of it in his movies. Its the fluidity of the movements that intrigues me. I learned that at his level of experience, Jet Li even trains the Chinese army in Wushu. How badass is that? (Also, can something be done about the videos on page 1? Can they be trapped in spoiler tags so they can be brought up individually by the viewer? They lag the heck out of my computer. Apologizes to OP.)
    hmm.. lemme check on the videos...

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

how to do a spoiler anyway? do you know?

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
    videos of fighting styles in the first page are already inside spoiler tags. you can try it now and enjoy...

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

training later.... good day everyone...

Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Revolver Dice 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads

What's the one where you beat a guy in the head with a bat?

That one. I've mastered that one.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by WBL Studios View Post
    What's the one where you beat a guy in the head with a bat?

That one. I've mastered that one.
    You've mastered it but not know the name?

Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You've mastered it but not know the name?
    Apparently, it's called Bat Fight.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by WBL Studios View Post
    Apparently, it's called Bat Fight.

i though it would be batman...

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

did I miss any other styles? serious answers please...

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I dunno, I think you covered most of the major ones, and the "Others" tab should suffice for the rest.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I plan to have videos for each though even the minor ones (others)....

Banned Forum / Chat Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D has a reputation beyond repute Project D's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2013 01:04 PM
    But somehow you find me incredibly charming.
    Threads

You have MMA on your list but no Karate.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I believe there is a karate there....
    Last edited by zilverkakashi; 04-28-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Banned Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine has a reputation beyond repute Porcelaine's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Gifts Spiderman Biplane IPhone
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2014 10:08 AM
    Threads

I am VERY into Chi blocking fighting style.

SIGGY PET RAISING WINDOW:
    [CURRENT PET STATUS]

Closed Thread

Thread Information