AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's goin on here?

🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default What's goin on here?

Why are there 3 spam threads in this section of the forum? Where's the moderator when you need him?
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Threads

Default Re: What's goin on here?

Click on the triangle icon and report the post to mod.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    Threads

It's been going on for quite some time. It looks like they get deleted as soon as the moderators find them. They all come from the same server, so I don't know why it cannot be blocked.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    It's been going on for quite some time. It looks like they get deleted as soon as the moderators find them. They all come from the same server, so I don't know why it cannot be blocked.

Because they don't. Each has a unique IP and a unique user account. Nothing is the same about any of these posts, except them all being spam. I assure you, if it was that simple, they wouldn't be here.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I put a block on one of the postings, and it worked for all of them. Although the block only keeps me from seeing what is posted. I hoped it would keep me from seeing them listed. But if blocking one blocks all despite the different names being used, then obviously they have the same source and identification.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I have no idea what you mean. At all. Where exactly did you put a block on a posting?

If you mean that you see thread titles, but not the posts in them here on AF, that's because the system here is catching the posts and auto-moderating them, but not the threads.

Senior Member La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline is just really nice La Féline's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And hey, it's not that bothersome, gives some work for the mods still around, and add some new members, threads and posts everyday!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    I have no idea what you mean. At all. Where exactly did you put a block on a posting?

If you mean that you see thread titles, but not the posts in them here on AF, that's because the system here is catching the posts and auto-moderating them, but not the threads.
    There's a link that lets us block a particular poster. I tried it on one of those spam postings, and I can't see any of the others. If I do click on them, I do not see what spam posted.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    There's a link that lets us block a particular poster. I tried it on one of those spam postings, and I can't see any of the others. If I do click on them, I do not see what spam posted.

Yeah, that doesn't work that way. Feel free to take that user off ignore, you still will see empty threads, because the system I have set up at the moment is auto-moderating the posts that the spammers are making, at least in some of the cases, so you see empty threads. Everyone sees these empty threads, and they see them because of a back-end feature I have set up, not because of any action on your part.

Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^^
    Yeah that's true i see those empty threads too PictureGuy. In fact, they activated the spam-o-matic right after the thread you made in the support section. I suppose this is all a misunderstanding based on coincidental timing. You probably used the ignore list right around when they put the security measures on.

11. Likes Kaitou Ace liked this post
    🐮🔪 Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555 is infamous around these parts Animedude5555's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2019 08:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't work that way. Feel free to take that user off ignore, you still will see empty threads, because the system I have set up at the moment is auto-moderating the posts that the spammers are making, at least in some of the cases, so you see empty threads. Everyone sees these empty threads, and they see them because of a back-end feature I have set up, not because of any action on your part.
    Please consider upgrading this feature, so it actually deletes the spam thread, not just the content of the opening post.
    Click the banner to visit my website.

My website is still under construction, so please visit it often to see it as it grows. You may have to press F5 to refresh the page if there's something new that's not showing (in some rare cases, you may have to use Ctrl+F5). If you wish to contact me about my site and are a member of Animeforum, PM me. If you are just a guest visiting Animeforum, please use [email protected]

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    Please consider upgrading this feature, so it actually deletes the spam thread, not just the content of the opening post.
    It's not actually deleting the content of the opening post, it's just hiding it, until I (or another mod/admin) either approves or deletes it. This is mainly because it does hit regular threads too sometimes, and if it's an actual thread by a user, this way I can approve it, and let it show up.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OK. So it wasn't me. Just as long as those postings get deleted ASAP, until you can figure out how to block the bastard permanently.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Doing the best we can. I assure you, if I had a way to ban them all, they'd be banned.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Have you considered a contract hit?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Heh, I think quite a few websites would be happy to pool funds for something like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information