AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [SpoilerFree] Game of Thrones

Part time Adventurer GrimStride is on a distinguished road GrimStride's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2019 10:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [SpoilerFree] Game of Thrones

Do you guys follow the hit TV show Game of Thrones?

As someone who enjoys dark fantasy, i've been delighted with the series(to say the least) and i highly recommend it to anyone interested in the genre.
    I like that the author didn't encase all the main characters in plot armor and really put a lot of effort into building a gritty and interesting world. There were
    more than a few shocking moments and twists that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I have mixed feelings about the show being in it's final season as of writing this post, but im glad they don't plan on dragging the story too much (which sadly is often the case).
    Better to end on a high note. But i'll
    still miss it
    Last edited by GrimStride; 05-01-2019 at 12:30 PM.

2. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Floppy Fox 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2019 10:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: xtycke

Default Re: [SpoilerFree] Game of Thrones

I'm just a little disappointed that George kinda...like quit writing the actual books since the show got so popular. I know people have been complaining about the drop in writing quality but I think D&D are doing well with what they have.

I also agree that I'm glad they're ending it rather than dragging it out (*cough The Walking Dead*) but I do wish we got a full final season.

Also, in as least spoiling way as possible, WHAT IS HYPE MAY NEVER DIE.

Part time Adventurer GrimStride is on a distinguished road GrimStride's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2019 10:59 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tycke View Post
    I'm just a little disappointed that George kinda...like quit writing the actual books since the show got so popular. I know people have been complaining about the drop in writing quality but I think D&D are doing well with what they have.

I also agree that I'm glad they're ending it rather than dragging it out (*cough The Walking Dead*) but I do wish we got a full final season.

Also, in as least spoiling way as possible, WHAT IS HYPE MAY NEVER DIE.

Hahah, yeah i was thinking about that exact show

I tend to agree that they've been doing a respectable job, especially when we consider the enormous expectations. I don't know how much input George had into the matter, but the fact they are ending it is a big positive
    I'm interested in how they've chosen to conclude the saga and will hold back my judgement until they wrap it up.

5. Likes Tycke liked this post
    Reservoir n00b Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke has a reputation beyond repute Tycke's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

When do you think it will be appropriate to fill this thread with memes a la r/freefolk?

THIS EPISODE THOUGH!! DID YOU SEE IT??

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think a lot of sophistication was lost when they ran out of book material, because they didn't have enough time to put a lot of thought into it. The smart characters are doing stupid things, as if they know they have plot armor, for the sake of adding more melodrama, tension, etc. I can understand why some people are upset with the change in quality.

It feels like with this last season they decided to take the fan's favorite relationships and have them all interact with each other for one last time.

8. Thanks Tycke thanked for this post
    Likes Tycke liked this post
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Last edited by Tycke; 06-20-2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: I'm stupid plus...STOP SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!!

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Reflecting Telescope Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2019 09:33 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

For me, I didn't see the last episode of the eighth season, I considered the 5th episode as my last episode what an ending.

Spoilers:

My favorite are Jamie, Dany, and Cersei.
    I like how Deanyrs changed to the mad queen since everybody around here betrayed her trust and lost most of her trusted friends since her journey started. So, I decided to end the show at this turn of events. I know most people didn't like it but I loved it.
    As for Cersei, I wish at least she'd burn from Drogon or at least she deserved a better ending.
    I hate Sansa B, Arya and Sam at least one of them should've died. As for Jon, I wish he hanged or beheaded.
    Oh, the Night king deserved more than that. Also, what happened to the children did they get eaten by the white walker or what their story?
    don't sign any...

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sltnal View Post
    For me, I didn't see the last episode of the eighth season, I considered the 5th episode as my last episode what an ending.

I like how Deanyrs changed to the mad queen since everybody around here betrayed her trust and lost most of her trusted friends since her journey started. So, I decided to end the show at this turn of events. I know most people didn't like it but I loved it.
    As for Cersei, I wish at least she'd burn from Drogon or at least she deserved a better ending.
    I agree about

Dany becoming the mad queen and Cersei needing a better death. What I would have liked to see play out is that Dany does stop for the bells, but a Lannister soldier shoots Drogon anyway. Dany and Drogon become enraged and destroy the city in a similar way to the show. Cersei stands tall and proud watching it all, not willing to back down even in the face of such destruction (isn't that what her father would have wanted?), and once Dany and Drogon are done ravaging the city they fly up to Cersei and burn her where she stands.

I hate Sansa B, Arya and Sam at least one of them should've died. As for Jon, I wish he hanged or beheaded.

I still wanted Jon to become king. How did they even find out it was him without him confessing? Unless Gray Worm was doing that weird teleportation thing that he was doing for many of the final episodes.

I also agree that some one more major had died and I actually like Sansa but I think it should've been her. I thought it was cheap that Bran wouldn't be a lord but would be the king. I think he should've just been a wise lord in a newly freed north. When he passes the north will answer to no one like the wildlings do.

I don't think Arya should've ventured away. I think she should've just become an assassin in Westeros. I know she's a kid but I don't understand why she was able to become an assassin but now is chickening out. Maybe if she were serving her brother Jon she would've done it.

Oh, the Night king deserved more than that. Also, what happened to the children did they get eaten by the white walker or what their story?

Again I absolutely agree. I wish D&D had taken the time to make this a 10 episode season. I think even with 2 extra hours they could've explained and wrapped up a lot.

12. Likes Sltnal liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal is a splendid one to behold Sltnal's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Reflecting Telescope Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2019 09:33 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, I totally agree with your opinions regarding the show. We waited but I hoped the work more on the writing.

Wow, I wish that Tywin Lannister is still alive.
    don't sign any...

14. Likes Tycke liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information