AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Was Light's mission righteous in your eyes?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

6 75.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPOILERS Death Note had the worst ending of any anime I've ever seen

Junior Member hydropulse17 is on a distinguished road hydropulse17's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 12:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default SPOILERS Death Note had the worst ending of any anime I've ever seen

I have never been on an anime forum before, because I've never been so passionate about something anime related that I needed to share with someone, BUT OH MY GOD.

I can already tell no one will agree with me, but I needed to share my opinion so badly.

I mean, honestly, Light lost? What the hell? Maybe it's just me but I wasn't watching just be like, oh it's over now, the world can go to hell again. I wasted 100% of my free time in the last four days on this series for this? Everyone in that room in the end should have died after the 40 seconds, and light should have been the god of the new world, unchallenged. I can't even complain to my friends because none of them watch anime.
    Last edited by Sr Machinehead; 12-11-2015 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Edited For Language

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SPOILERS Death Note had the shittiest ending of any anime I've ever seen

I don't believe in what Light did, but considering this is fiction, I believe that the mangaka should have let Light win and show us how terrifying the world would have been under the mercy of Light Yagami. I mean, it's obvious that things went back to normal with Light out of the picture.

Also, I'm moving this to the Shonen section.

EDIT @hydropulse17 Also, be careful on how you title your threads. Your current title isn't appropriate.
    @Sr Machinehead
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 12-11-2015 at 12:46 AM.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Default Re: SPOILERS Death Note had the shittiest ending of any anime I've ever seen

First of all, you're trying too hard to swear. You triggered the site censor like 6 times. Chill.

Secondly, I know plenty of people who would agree with you. I, however, am not one of them. Light was a straight prick, a power-hungry, narcissistic prick. He was not righteous. He was not a likeable character at all, in my own honest opinion. He thought he was doing good, but he was just being selfish. The. Entire. Time. From the very first episode. Sure, the idea of ridding the world of evil is a decent enough notion, and everyone longs for a peaceful world. However, Light made it abundantly clear that he didn't have the desire to just make peace. He wanted to RULE the world. He explained he would kill, not only criminals, but those that were lazy or "unfit". He wanted to rule a picture-perfect world, and we all know that such a world could not exist, much less with such a selfish and evil "God" at its center. He didn't just kill criminals one by one, discreetly. He intentionally did it so he could gain recognition and fame.

If you think he did it all just for the sake of making the world a good place for everyone, I think you missed a huge part of the story. Perhaps that's what he thought he wanted, in the beginning, but you eventually come to realize that all he wanted was to have power over the human race.

The only thing that ticked me off about the ending is that Light's death wasn't as brutal as it was in the manga. Lawl.

Although the idea of some sort of alternate ending with Light would be pretty interesting. You'd be able to see just how tyrannical he'd be. I doubt his world would be a "utopia", in any sense of the world. Hell, more likely than not, he'd probably start killing anyone who denounced him or didn't worship him. Eff that noise. I'm glad he failed ultimately.
    Last edited by Sr Machinehead; 12-11-2015 at 05:18 AM.

4. Likes Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    Member Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2016 01:09 AM
    Threads

I was exactly the same as you all those years ago. Even though I loved Mello, the ending didnt give me the closure I was seeking

There are a couple of alternate endings that could be seen as canon (fits in with the reality but not actually canon))

I'm actually don't remember where they come from (I might not have even tagged the right videos) but just look through some and im sure ull find the right one since there are so many light fanboiz out there

This one helped me come to closure over Death Note (Basically some ppl thing light is the shinigami seen at the end as they share characteristics)

This one doesn't fit in with the canon, but I reckon you wouldve wanted to see smth like this (theres also an anime version I think)

Last edited by Sr Machinehead; 12-11-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There are plenty of anime with a worse ending.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Chameleon Cookie Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2016 02:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sr Machinehead PSN ID: Sr_machinehead Steam ID: DocMK

Default Re: SPOILERS Death Note had the worst ending of any anime I've ever seen

It's been a good while since I watched the series but I see it as a series that's more of a ride than actually getting to the end.

Though at least they make a big scene out of the ending and give any ending at all. If he were to continue it'd just be open to more series or chapters where he would ultimately meet his end. Light was fighting an unending battle after all and that's an important thing to note.

PS: I cleaned up the thread a bit don't mind it much.

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; color:lemonchiffon; "></span> Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast has a reputation beyond repute Holocast's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Ramen Kawaiislice Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: cthulhulover69

Default Re: SPOILERS Death Note had the worst ending of any anime I've ever seen

I can see your point in why you didn't like the ending. There's always a part of me that would have liked to see what the world would have been like if Light had wone, that being said though...

I agree with @RyuTama in this. Light, though his intentions were good in the beginning, began to become more twisted and narcissistic in his decisions on who should and shouldn't be killed as the anime went on. It started becoming less about making the world a better place and more becoming of him killing anyone that got in his way of becoming, pretty much, the ruler of the world. He became more sick and twisted as time went by, thus I think the ending was very suitable for him.

I do think they should have kept L around until the end, but that's an entirely different topic.
    Song Of The Moment:
    "Dreams are made winding through my head"

Signature made by me.
    *click below*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information